Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast

So they avoided the squick relationship then? Teen Jan and adult Hank, it'd be like Scott and Nadia dating in the comics (there's a good reason the movie synergy didn't go THAT far!) I just assumed they'd use time travel, like they did for Cassie Lang.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yes pretty much. The only thing they did was Janet having a brief one-sided crush on Professor Hank. Hope is still the daughter of Hank and Janet BUT not the Avengers Academy versions. She travelled from an alternative universe (MCU) and ended up at the Avengers Academy universe.

Slightly off topic: I know the revived series isn’t out yet, but I love the fashion.
    Attached Images Attached Images

just speculation but I think Finesse joined A.I.M/is a new antagonist for Nadia. that actually makes sense given her link to Taskmaster.

THE UNSTOPPABLE WASP #3

JEREMY WHITLEY (W), GURIHIRU (A) Cover by STACEY LEE

* What happens when the Unstoppable Wasp decides to take a night off with her mentor to enjoy herself? Well, obviously everything falls apart.

* G.I.R.L. is under attack by the forces of A.I.M., and everybody with super-powers or assassin training is out of the lab. What are they after? Who have they hurt? And who are these new you A.I.M. lieutenants? And has Nadia finally met her physical match in the form of a returning fan-favorite female fighter?
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-18-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    just speculation but I think Finesse joined A.I.M/is a new antagonist for Nadia. that actually makes sense given her link to Taskmaster.

THE UNSTOPPABLE WASP #3

JEREMY WHITLEY (W), GURIHIRU (A) Cover by STACEY LEE

* What happens when the Unstoppable Wasp decides to take a night off with her mentor to enjoy herself? Well, obviously everything falls apart.

* G.I.R.L. is under attack by the forces of A.I.M., and everybody with super-powers or assassin training is out of the lab. What are they after? Who have they hurt? And who are these new you A.I.M. lieutenants? And has Nadia finally met her physical match in the form of a returning fan-favorite female fighter?
    It could be interesting if it would be finesse. We could try our luck and ask Whitley in twitter xdd

The trick to beating Taskmaster is using something he can't emulate. Laura Kinney's foot claw for example. The same should work against Finesse, so if it is her, Nadia should use shrink-fu on her.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The trick to beating Taskmaster is using something he can't emulate. Laura Kinney's foot claw for example. The same should work against Finesse, so if it is her, Nadia should use shrink-fu on her.
    Finesse is smarter than her father. She might see it coming.

I just realized Nadia's official Marvel page is a mess. Doesn't have half of her powers listed. Has Janet's Ant-Man concept art as a picture of Nadia. Her hand-to-hand combat power is accompanied by a picture of her punching Janet in the face. Her essential reading list only has 1 actual comic she is in, the rest are for Scott, Hank and Janet. Not to mention calls her Nadia Pym.

Wow, fix those Marvel.

That's ridiculous, yeah. The reading list should be ANAD Avengers, Avengers 2016, Unstoppable Wasp, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Champions (issue 11 onwards, except 12), Avengers No Surrender, and Secret Empire Uprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I just realized Nadia's official Marvel page is a mess. Doesn't have half of her powers listed. Has Janet's Ant-Man concept art as a picture of Nadia. Her hand-to-hand combat power is accompanied by a picture of her punching Janet in the face. Her essential reading list only has 1 actual comic she is in, the rest are for Scott, Hank and Janet. Not to mention calls her Nadia Pym.

Wow, fix those Marvel.
    Her Marvel page on Marvel.com? Or some Wiki page that is made by just anybody?

And I have to ask... what is so wrong with having her be named by her father's name? I mean, I know it's not the name she chose for herself, but even in the early runs of ANAD Avengers, she was named that in the first page of the roster. I get it, movie synergy and all, but of all the things you have listed, this seems rather insignificant to me. Powersets and not the right pictures are ten times worst to me. Maybe Marvel is keeping the door open for a change in name somewhere down the line, for all we know
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Her Marvel page on Marvel.com? Or some Wiki page that is made by just anybody?

And I have to ask... what is so wrong with having her be named by her father's name? I mean, I know it's not the name she chose for herself, but even in the early runs of ANAD Avengers, she was named that in the first page of the roster. I get it, movie synergy and all, but of all the things you have listed, this seems rather insignificant to me. Powersets and not the right pictures are ten times worst to me. Maybe Marvel is keeping the door open for a change in name somewhere down the line, for all we know
    I meant marvel.com indeed. I mean I feel like the official website should list a character's name as what it actually is instead of what it isn't? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I meant marvel.com indeed. I mean I feel like the official website should list a character's name as what it actually is instead of what it isn't? :P
    Marvel.com is weird sometimes. I suspect they made that page for Nadia early on, before she got her name from Whitley, and they never bothered to change it afterwards. Just like they never bothered to update her appereances.

I just checked others bio for fun... they list "superhuman speed" as a powerset for Hank Pym...! They have a bunch of pictures of the one-shot they published for the movie (wrong universe!) and they list his mom as "unidentified mother" (her name is Doris) and no mention of a father (so Hank is a baby Jesus??? ) or his grandmother. They also state that he "built a helmet and suit for his girlfriend, Janet Van Dyne, the daughter of his late collegue Vernon" which is also wrong. We all know that when Jan became the Wasp, she wasn't Hank's girlfriend, and Vernon Van Dyne has never worked with Hank.

I could go on, but it just shows that Marvel.com isn't exactly the bible of facts... From a 5-minutes reading on only one hero, I found several errors, so... I know it's frustrating to see someone's name not being ackowledged, but I'd take all this with a grain of salt. Apparently, Marvel.com isn't the most reliable source of information.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Jeremy Whitley has been teasing a lot of things on twitter.

We know that Janet appears in issue 1-2-3 and Bobbi in 2-3.

Oh and this is a big one:

"...Nadia awakes in a cold sweat remembering the haunting voice of the cyborg that raised her to be a mad scientist..."

I wonder who that cyborg was before becoming a cyborg.

It's Bucky. He has a cybernetic arm, remember.

Ant-Man and the Wasp #2: