Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast

Default A New Hope: Nadia Pym (All New Wasp) Appreciation

Hi there, I thought I'd start an appreciation thread for the All New Wasp who as everyone knows by now is Hank Pym's long lost daughter Nadia Pym. Most of her discussions were focused in the Wasp Appreciation thread but I thought that it was best to create a thread for Nadia and leave the other one purely for the original Wasp. So on this thread talk about everything you want about this new shrinking superheroine and may her career grow over time.

Also good on her for being the first Wasp character with her own solo series.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

You know while I'm not entirely sold on her getting an ongoing already I will admit that her first few appearances in All-new All-different Avengers has been fun and I will say she does have some very interesting story potential within the marvel universe. I mean we are talking about the only legitimate, biological child of Hank Pym in his big crazy family tree that involves Ultron and Vision; unless of course were somehow stilling counting Tigra's son William. Not to mention she's instantly has a background that connects her with the likes of Black Widow and Bucky, which could have all sorts of story ideas out of it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I can imagine someone that she knew while locked up (maybe a fellow female genius around her age) will become one of her villains. Maybe the villain stole Nadia's work that she left behind and also gains size changing capabilities. Unlike Nadia maybe the villain focuses on the growing side rather than the shrinking.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

I have to say that at first I wasn't very fond of Nadia, but as I read more of her and saw the recent interactions between her and Janet, I have to admit that I like the character. Waid gave her an interesting background that connected with the forgotten past of Hank Pym. I'm intrigued for the ongoing and can't wait to see more of her.

BANNED

It's not often I get syked-up for a non-mutant book -- I'm definitely looking forward to this

I'll admit that, while I wasn't super thrilled about her at first, I'm glad that she actually gets to share the mantle of Wasp with Janet (something Marvel needs to practice more instead of outright replacing their characters). I'm interested in the future dynamic she and Janet will have.

image.jpg

Love her and can't wait for her book!

I would have preferred Mark Waid to write her - Waid obviously has a bias towards Pym family. Newer crop of writers are more likely influenced by recent stories and determined that Pym is a dick.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    I would have preferred Mark Waid to write her - Waid obviously has a bias towards Pym family. Newer crop of writers are more likely influenced by recent stories and determined that Pym is a dick.
    I trust Kelly to do a good job on her solo, also Waid has her on his team book.
    Everything Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    I trust Kelly to do a good job on her solo, also Waid has her on his team book.
    I think that the writer of Nadia's ongoing is Jeremy Whitley.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I think that the writer of Nadia's ongoing is Jeremy Whitley.
    Oh God! I swear i thought that Kelly Thompson was writing her solo but now i remember that she's gonna write Hawkeye!
    Everything Lives!

I really want her half-brother to show up, in the book. he's my favorite Pym. he needs a new name, though; maybe Hornet or Bumblebee. or he could just take the Ant-Man identity; like Nadia has adopted 'Wasp.' as a Scott Lang fan, it wouldn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Waid has a bias towards Hank. for Nadia's book, i'd rather take my chances with someone who will focus on her; w/o bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I really want her half-brother to show up, in the book. he's my favorite Pym. he needs a new name, though; maybe Hornet or Bumblebee. or he could just take the Ant-Man identity; like Nadia has adopted 'Wasp.' as a Scott Lang fan, it wouldn't bother me.

Who's this dude?
    Everything Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    Who's this dude?
    his name is, simply, Pym. he's the child of Janet Van Dyne and Henry Pym; debuted in the Next Avengers cartoon. they eventually introduced those characters, first, in Bendis' run. and, later, Hickman used them in the Avengers World book. Pym is the youngest of the bunch (iirc) and has his mother's powers (his wings are not pictured). Thor's daughter, Cap's son, Hawkeye's son, and Black Panther's son are his teammates. they are formidable enough to take down Kang (and a unit of SHIELD agent).

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 08-01-2016 at 10:44 AM.