Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758596061 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fair point. Kamala's the only other Champion to have appeared in Nadia's book so far - in issue 1. And that was set before the Champions were formed (Viv did get mentioned - they hadn't met yet, they finally did so in Secret Empire). The new volume, of course, is set a fair bit later, after Nadia has joined the Champions and left the Avengers (she was actually on double duty from Worlds Collide onwards, and only left the Avengers because her squad disbanded at the end of No Surrender).

Another possible guest star is Iron Man, because his latest girlfriend is Janet (as will be established in this week's issue of his book).
    It would be nice to see Iron Man being featured, just like it was nice to see Daredevil. Riri and Cho are also good options to appear in Nadia's book because they are both geniuses, and so they could help G.I.R.L with some task. The same applies to Viv, but I believe it would be more interesting to see them interacting as family.

Preview of #1

You duplicated a page and omitted the last one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ahhhh next week, so close.

Just read today's issue and... Well, it doesn't feel like it's off to a great start.

The author should chill with the G.I.R.L. stuff. More than half of today's issue is about G.I.R.L.. I understand that he wants to make that a big part of Nadia's life, but it should be peripheral in terms of the comic. Just like we don't see Kamala interacting every single issue with all of her school friends or in the school environment, we shouldn't see Nadia interacting with G.I.R.L. in almost every issue. I feel like it's being shoved down my throat. Give people an arc of her fighting with Jan or connecting with her in a deep emotional level, or going of to explore something with Bobbi, and bring Viv into the comic, but please, don't add more G.I.R.L. . Even with that, Marvel should get a better writer for the comic.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 10-17-2018 at 07:11 PM.

I, personally, loved today's issue. Part of Nadia's character is that she loves other people and she loves collaboration, so it makes sense that we'd see a lot of her supporting cast. She's not in it for the spotlight.

Sure, I'd enjoy an issue once in a while where it's just her one-on-one with someone else, but only as a change of pace. Her G.I.R.L. friends are delightful, anyway.

To be honest, I wasn't really feeling today's issue either UNTIL near the end.

Oooh boy. Nadia's got a big storm coming

spoilers:
    Not helped by the January 2019 solicits of the poor girl looking like she's two seconds away from breaking down and crying.
    end of spoilers

Looks as if spoilers:
    she'll finally meet Hank soon - and find out about Pymtron. Seeker actually tried to tell her but Nadia didn't believe her about Hank coming to infect everyone. Janet's been hiding Hank's merger with Ultron from her, so I wonder how she'll react?
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I liked the first issue, I was really surprised by the revelation of who is the new agent of A.I.M.

Totally loved all Janet's moments

Looks as if spoilers:
    she'll finally meet Hank soon - and find out about Pymtron. Seeker actually tried to tell her but Nadia didn't believe her about Hank coming to infect everyone. Janet's been hiding Hank's merger with Ultron from her, so I wonder how she'll react?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    You know I've always been a little confused on how exactly she doesn't know about him already. I mean sure when he returned in Uncanny Avengers she may not have been around for that, and the Avengers could reasonably hide it from her if they tried. But how was she not aware of him during something like Secret Empire where he was an active threat in the US(I think he was in Alaska).
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

^spoilers:
    Nadia was with Black Widow's New Red Room in Secret Empire (and Viv's communications tech would've been down to satellites being blocked), and I don't think they knew about what the Avengers were up to (Riri didn't even have her Tony Stark AI, which was being used as Iron Man by the Resistance, so Nadia couldn't have found out from him).
    end of spoilers

Oh I haven't talked about the issue yet apparently, but I bought it as soon as it was on Comixology. Loved it! Thought it was a great start! Can't wait for the next issue.
    Last edited by Captain M; 10-19-2018 at 02:57 AM.

Ya, it was good. Unfortunately her dads tentacle monster poo, but it’s way past time Nadia meets her little brother.

^spoilers:
    Nadia was with Black Widow's New Red Room in Secret Empire (and Viv's communications tech would've been down to satellites being blocked), and I don't think they knew about what the Avengers were up to (Riri didn't even have her Tony Stark AI, which was being used as Iron Man by the Resistance, so Nadia couldn't have found out from him).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can believe that she didn't hear about it then, but I don't see how Jarvis thinks that he can keep it from her indefinitely. And lying to her when she asked for a straight answer? That's not going to end well...
    end of spoilers