Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Surprised they created Nadia and then they push Hope for the cartoon.

Also Japan has another Avengers anime and it has Janet as the main female. Not sure if she's popular there or the team was going for Stan Lee-ness.
    It's hard to market female characters in Japan, they are mostly only interested in fun girly bubbly cute femsle characters. And Wasp is portrayed like thst in both anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Sure, it's possible. But the character dynamics are different enough to make me doubt it. Scott doesn't work in the straight man role. And neither does Nadia. Can't even imagine how Cassie would react to a replacement daughter figure in her dad's life.
    Another reason why they'd both be used. Cassie would not be pleased if Nadia replaced her as Scott's sidekick/partner.
    Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I think they are saving Nadia in games for Ant-Man/Wasp, hell, Nova hasn't shown up Future Fight or CoC. They seem to hold back characters for odd reasons.
    Future Fight, for one, is likely to use Hope, though they could give her Nadia's costume as an alt. As I said already, Avengers Academy and Puzzle Quest are Nadia's best chances of a game appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Okay so. I don't want Nadia to disappear. She is really fun to read.

But lets be real on one thing, anything about her solo book, all those girls. Completely abandoned. They are gone.

Now I don't think Nadia will disappear. Not that quick. I think she'll keep existing in team books on and off. I don't think she'll play a big role in anything. I don't think she'll be in the ant-man and the wasp book if it happens. I think its possible but I don't think she will.

her book was not meant to be done this early. They hoped for something lile Squirrel Girl and Moon Girl but the book was so bad that poor Nadia suffered hard from it. Not only it was bad, but it was and is the number one target for those idiots complaining about sjw stuff.

I hope Nadia sticks around. But I don't see her around in a decade or so.
    Unfortunately, yes, GIRL is probably gone. They're working with Pym Labs now, but how often do we see Janet in her CEO role? We usually only see her as an Avenger or in her other business, which is a fashion boutique.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Surprised they created Nadia and then they push Hope for the cartoon.

Also Japan has another Avengers anime and it has Janet as the main female. Not sure if she's popular there or the team was going for Stan Lee-ness.
    That's because the new anime is a sequel to Disk Wars, the previous one. So the exact same Avengers were used.

The Champions would be a good place for her; although that team is crowded. maybe there could be a splinter Champion team (mostly kidding). and I, for one, am glad that Janet is past it.
    Six members is NOT crowded. Uncanny Avengers has as many as nine, the ANAD Avengers had seven, Bendis's Guardians of the Galaxy had nine, Hickman's Avengers had almost 20 members! Over at DC, the current Justice League has eight members, and Titans has seven.

I can see Nadia, as well as Joaquin Torres, the new Falcon who seems to have been replaced by new Patriot Rayshaun Lucas in Sam Wilson's book, joining the Champions, without them even losing anyone. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they lose Cyclops (only there because he's Waid's favourite, so probably leaving if the writer changes) or Hulk (due to events in his solo, specifically, he's going off-world for a while).

vis-a-vis Wasp not being in Contest of Champions, Kabam are clearly pursuing their own agenda of who they add and when: Groot wasn't in the game when it released, being added a year later, Magneto wasn't in it at release, he was added in summer 2015. Red Skull isn't in it (!), Beast, Rogue, Gambit and She-Hulk got added at different points last year, as did Falcon and Phoenix. Iceman and Archangel only got added in March this year. Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus only got added last month! Blade's not in it! Bullseye isn't! Ant-Man only got added when the movie came out! There's no F4, Doctor Doom or anyone else of the F4 villains or Silver Surfer (probably due to the movie rights BS).
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    vis-a-vis Wasp not being in Contest of Champions, Kabam are clearly pursuing their own agenda of who they add and when: Groot wasn't in the game when it released, being added a year later, Magneto wasn't in it at release, he was added in summer 2015. Red Skull isn't in it (!), Beast, Rogue, Gambit and She-Hulk got added at different points last year, as did Falcon and Phoenix. Iceman and Archangel only got added in March this year. Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus only got added last month! Blade's not in it! Bullseye isn't! Ant-Man only got added when the movie came out! There's no F4, Doctor Doom or anyone else of the F4 villains or Silver Surfer (probably due to the movie rights BS).
    I assure you, that's not true. It's all fairly predictable. Wasp, with movie costume, will be added to the game in Summer 2018.
    Same for Marvel Heroes Omega but Janet will be the default and they'll put movie costume/Hope behind a paywall on release.
    All other games has Janet already so they'll add alternative uniforms/costumes for her, and those will be movie costumes.

Nadia will not be added to any games, most likely. It's possible but very unlikely. She would have been added to at least one game already. I mean I'm certain but you never know for sure.

Astonishing Member

Have to admit, the one thing that genuinely was a surprise to me after everything set up both by the Maker and the way Nadia was introduced in ANAD, was Nadia actually being Hank's daughter.

I fully expected us to find out she wasn't Hank's daughter but WAS Maria Trovaya's. And that she was a clone of Maria made by the Red Room. Especially with all the bringing up of the fact there wasn't anything that could actually tie Nadia to Hank initially and the almost flippant way Nadia was just like oh yeah the DNA test totally said I was his daughter. I wonder if that's part of some ongoing thing regarding her. I don't think SHE'S villainous or malicious but Maker was pretty clear that she was key to SOMETHING huge.

And what would Ult Reed even know about her? He's not from 616! That Maker involvement made no sense, glad it was dropped.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And what would Ult Reed even know about her? He's not from 616! That Maker involvement made no sense, glad it was dropped.
    True but he's worked into nearly every bit of the Marvel Universe from the cosmic stuff (Ultimates) to the more everyday heroics via ANAD Avengers and New Avengers. Or has been so far. Him knowing way more than we do, him being a Reed Richards notwithstanding, only makes sense. His statements there were part of the reason I read Unstoppable Wasp in the first place. XD

Still I do think it'll be interesting to see Nadia's angry side more as her character progresses. We all caught glimpses of it so far in her book. So we know she's certainly capable of some bad stuff (trained as an assassin and all that).

He never showed up in UW though. Nor in Avengers after it renumbered and Nadia officially joined.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He never showed up in UW though. Nor in Avengers after it renumbered and Nadia officially joined.
    Well that's certainly true but it doesn't really change whatever those sinister sounding remarks regarding her seemed to be. But I wouldn't be surprised (though a bit disappointed in truth) if it's not followed up on at soem point. I know tone wise the UW book wouldn't likely bring it up directly so I guess we'll see how it goes from there.

Mighty Member

Rogue Star: Nadia also did not exist in the 616

Me: But, of course, as anyone would know, she does now.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Okay so. I don't want Nadia to disappear. She is really fun to read.

But lets be real on one thing, anything about her solo book, all those girls. Completely abandoned. They are gone.

Now I don't think Nadia will disappear. Not that quick. I think she'll keep existing in team books on and off. I don't think she'll play a big role in anything. I don't think she'll be in the ant-man and the wasp book if it happens. I think its possible but I don't think she will.

her book was not meant to be done this early. They hoped for something lile Squirrel Girl and Moon Girl but the book was so bad that poor Nadia suffered hard from it. Not only it was bad, but it was and is the number one target for those idiots complaining about sjw stuff.

I hope Nadia sticks around. But I don't see her around in a decade or so.
    where's Jan?

In the background? Behind Hulk? There's a lot of silhouettes at the bottom, I can only make out Hercules, and Quicksilver in an outdated costume.

where's Jan?
    Hank and Nadia?

Okay this has to be a dream or visual meaning because this is bullcrap.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Hank and Nadia?

Okay this has to be a dream or visual meaning because this is bullcrap.
    It's probably Raz, not Hank. It DOES look like Hank, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    It's probably Raz, not Hank. It DOES look like Hank, though.
    Raz has a beard
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”