Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    the question is...were they genuinely trying to recapture Nadia? or was that to throw the Avengers off the scent/better cover her status as a sleeper agent? they knew that she'd seek out her father. they sent two guys to do the job.
    Oh yeah, there's many a mystery. One has to wonder if Black Widow will become involved.

Oddly enough the bit about getting DNA evidence to link her to Pym while understandable makes me wonder if it'll be revealed that her entire story is a lie. As that line had me stop to realize that there's not been any real way to corroborate who she says she is so far. I don't think SHE'S lying but simply in belief of who her parents are. It'd certainly be a kick to the nuts if it's revealed she isn't even related to Hank or his former wife (Maria?).

Would be amusing to see if she's simply an experiment of the Red Room, not about stealth and espionage now but super science...

Maybe RED Widow could get involved? She's much closer to Nadia's age, so they probably already know each other.

Why doesn't Nadia use either of her parents' surnames? You'd think she would've called herself Nadia PYM, not just Nadia. That is what she would've been called had the Russians not snatched her from her mother after all.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-05-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    Couldn't find a thread about the issue so... I liked the character and the whole idea of her origin and this issue didn't do any bad to her character but as a comic, it was aaaawful. There is not a single point or line of showing the writing skills of the writer in the whole issue. I haven't heard about the writer before and this issue made me wonder how Marvel decided to give him a job. It felts like this issue produced from a comic writing machine without any creative or emotional features, but just blended with some popular comic elements. I have read every single thing in this issue before! How people can give credit to something like this, this and the likes of this are the ones killing the comic industry. I am a person with no creative talent or imagination, and my English is far from perfect as being not my native, but I am darn sure I can write something better, something with more of a spirit and soul than this. Imagining the writing process while reading the product was offended me, It shouldn't be this easy to make money from the biggest company in the field.
    I agree completely. The first issue of her book is trash. I liked that it addressed Nadia immigration status but everything went downhill from there. I question why AIM's scientist Supreme is rampaging for no apparent reason. Mockingbird on her lonesome attacking this robot with just a pair of sticks. This issue is amateur hour. I'll stick with Avengers to learn more about Nadia.

You gotta admit, Bobbi should have had help from other SHIELD agents. Where were Ben Grimm, Jim Hammond, Quake? If Kamala and Nadia hadn't happened to be nearby, it would've been RIP Barbara Morse.

well, I friggin' loved it and I hope it continues in the same vein. I might be a 38 year old bloke, but I'm all for women getting to do For Science! stuff.

I loved Bobbi complaining how young Kamala and Nadia are and how she teared up at Nadia knowing her as a scientist.

alla y'all haters can do one.
    I surrender to the Contest

Astonishing Member

And yeah I know folks were joking about Bobbi going up against that thing robot to stick but I thought the opposite. Not "Oh she'll be a pancake."

I was like "Oh yeah, that's Mockingbird, she's fighting a mecha on her own. Because she's that awesome. Duh."

I got the feeling it was less them saving her and more speeding it up.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I thought Bobbi went about fighting the robot the wrong way for someone who's suppose to be one of shield's top agents. Still, didn't stop the issue from reading like a filler story that an editor pulled out of his desk.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    And yeah I know folks were joking about Bobbi going up against that thing robot to stick but I thought the opposite. Not "Oh she'll be a pancake."

I was like "Oh yeah, that's Mockingbird, she's fighting a mecha on her own. Because she's that awesome. Duh."

I got the feeling it was less them saving her and more speeding it up.
    i didn't read her solo. does she still have the upgraded powers from New Avengers? she was fighting mini-mecha; back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You gotta admit, Bobbi should have had help from other SHIELD agents. Where were Ben Grimm, Jim Hammond, Quake? If Kamala and Nadia hadn't happened to be nearby, it would've been RIP Barbara Morse.
    doesn't her outfit have retractable wings? I thought I saw that on an issue cover. Fury used to have the gliders.

i didn't read her solo. does she still have the upgraded powers from New Avengers? she was fighting mini-mecha; back then.
    doesn't her outfit have retractable wings? I thought I saw that on an issue cover. Fury used to have the gliders.
    Yes on both counts! She has Cap-level strength now, and fun glider wings.

BANNED

Like some other people i too am skeptical about Nadia's Cheery over the top behavior after being held captive by the red room for so long

it just feels like such a waste to give her this tragic backstory and then make her solo series just another Squirrel Girl Moon Girl Or Hellcat A Colorful Lightheart All Ages Book with little to no drama

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Like some other people i too am skeptical about Nadia's Cheery over the top behavior after being held captive by the red room for so long

it just feels like such a waste to give her this tragic backstory and then make her solo series just another Squirrel Girl Moon Girl Or Hellcat A Colorful Lightheart All Ages Book with little to no drama
    I know, right? She spent her whole life locked up in the Red Room, with the single goal of getting out of there, having a life and finding her father. She finally escaped only to find out her father has just been killed, and she's just like "la-la-la, free house, techno-freebies, life is good, take a donut!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I know, right? She spent her whole life locked up in the Red Room, with the single goal of getting out of there, having a life and finding her father. She finally escaped only to find out her father has just been killed, and she's just like "la-la-la, free house, techno-freebies, life is good, take a donut!"
    and really it just boggles the mind....like mark waid built up Nadia Pym to be one way and then marvel decided she should be seen as a different way because Kids like silly cheerful heroes so let's make another one!

hopefully they can actually pull something great from this because i always figured Nadia Got her own book because Marvel Saw something special in A Legit Legacy Character that could be traced back to Hank Pym and used as a way to bridge the gap between the dissatisfied young heroes and the set in their ways older generation

instead it looks like another hellcat moon girl or squirrel girl....if that's the case then why give her a book at all?

The Unstoppable Wasp art by JGiampietro

BANNED

like there's got to be something more to Nadia's book than just goofing around and recruiting female scientists because "Sexism?"

you don't introduce a character like the way Waid Did With Nadia and then have her just become another comedic female character

there's too much darkness around her and her family to just let that slide....