Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    nothing big but it'd be cool if they name-dropped the Worm Man (or the science that created him) in Nadia's book; since he was a Russian spy who used a shrinking formula prior to Pym's introduction.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/w...ngetales78.htm

No one has better shrinking tech than Giant-Sam! With Hank Pym a goner, we missed the chance to see Hank Pym v.s. Sam Parkin, but maybe Nadia can take him on in the battle to determine who has the better shrinking tech! It's AC vs DC in Marvel Universe! It's the War of Shrinks!
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

I wonder if Nadia will ever unlock the ability to grow in size. If she is anything like her father it is only a matter of time.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    I wonder if Nadia will ever unlock the ability to grow in size. If she is anything like her father it is only a matter of time.
    I'm not sure that she can't already do that. I imagine that she hasn't revealed all of her tricks, just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    I think it's not an actual functional limit to break through - Pym back in the beginning was more like afraid to test growing in size. Since then every Pym Particles users have been able to grow, e.g. Clint Barton, Bill Foster, Janet van Dyne, Cassie Lang, Eric O'Grady.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

what villains could be adopted into Nadia's non-existent rogues gallery (essential to the success of a solo hero); besides just the Russians? I bet Whirlwind has an unclaimed kid or two out there. I would say Red Widow but I think that she's a good guy/anti-heroine. Jessica Drew doesn't seem to be using Gypsy Moth/Sybil Dvorak; any longer.
    The new young Magician, Whirlwind, female Beetle, original Egghead and the android version, Voice, Superia, MODAM, Alkhema, Madam Macabre, Dr Nemesis (Stockton) and Monica Rappaccini would all make solid enemies of Nadia in her new book besides the Russians.

Tom Foster, Cassie Lang or Victor Mancha as allies.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    The new young Magician, Whirlwind, female Beetle, original Egghead and the android version, Voice, Superia, MODAM, Alkhema, Madam Macabre, Dr Nemesis (Stockton) and Monica Rappaccini would all make solid enemies of Nadia in her new book besides the Russians.

they should have left evil LMD Eric O'Grady alive. I could see him coming after Nadia; simply because he feels left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post

It would be interesting if Whitley took the Ant-Man Rogues Gallery from Scott's book and actually treated them seriously .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be interesting if Whitley took the Ant-Man Rogues Gallery from Scott's book and actually treated them seriously .
    come now. were they ever intended to be serious? just look at the Voice. he's a portly guy with a mind-controlling headset. and the Magician is, purposely, trying to look like Criss Angel. he has trained attack rabbits. they are not supposed to be taken seriously.

come now. were they ever intended to be serious? just look at the Voice. he's a portly guy with a mind-controlling headset. and the Magician is, purposely, trying to look like Criss Angel. he has trained attack rabbits. they are not supposed to be taken seriously.
    I know, which would make it amazing if they were actually treated as serious threats in another book .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know, which would make it amazing if they were actually treated as serious threats in another book .
    Magician, maybe. I think they could create a new Voice that could be a threat (maybe use Vox from the Avengers Initiaitve book). Hijacker is dangerous enough. same with Whirlwind. really, the only one that they didn't take seriously was the Voice. Magician was just portrayed as a rookie with some decent storage space (his hat). Whirlwind was the same threat that he's always been. he could have killed Scott but was called off.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

The voice could be more threatening if he was written to be. He could go back to wearing a suit and ditch the modern supervillain outfit. Dr Faust does ok as a portly middle ages controlling villain so no reason the voice couldn't work.

The magician could be made into a sort of jigsaw from saw type villain. The theatrical gimmick would work well in that direction as a serious villain.

nothing big but it'd be cool if they name-dropped the Worm Man (or the science that created him) in Nadia's book; since he was a Russian spy who used a shrinking formula prior to Pym's introduction.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/w...ngetales78.htm

That's cool! I didn't know about this character. It would be awesome if Marvel does that because of the Russian connection and his name is sinister sounding. Perhaps links with Leviathan? I would like to see those guys return as a threat in the books.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Really surprised no one is talking about the most recent interview, because not only does it sound like a lot of fun but it also gives me a pretty decent idea who will appear in this and what her supporting cast will be like. Either way, I'm looking forward to it coming out in January.

http://www.cbr.com/whitelys-wasp-is-...ce-adventurer/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

double the fun, double the post!
    Last edited by Sutekh; 10-30-2016 at 08:02 AM.

Ultimate Member

There was a mention of Nadia in the latest New Avengers, with 'the Maker' mentioning her name in relation to some long-term plan he's set in motion. (Whether that's something sinister or not, remains to be seen. But her past may not be entirely what she remembers it to be...)

As for the character herself, and her solo book, I would definitely like to see more of a 'science adventurer' vibe, like the Fantastic Four used to cover from time to time, or Hank Pym did, way back in Tales to Astonish.

Swarms of bug-sized robot insect 'drones' that spy on people, keep her updated and can perhaps deliver sedative stings or electrical shocks or bypass security systems / interface with computers? Using Pym particles to enlarge real (or robot) insects and using them as (temporary) giant monster allies? Shrinking a bunch of trapped civilians so that she can fly them all out of a burning building? Bring on the way-out science! I like heroes solving problems with their brains.