Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

As much as I resented the idea of a new Wasp, because of Janet, I have to admit I really like Nadia. She's enthusiastic, friendly, she's got that wide-eyed curiosity about everything that makes her charming. She does have some Hank in her too, which I find very interesting also. I'm really not sure her solo will last more than 12 issues, but that's not because I don't like her or anything. I think this is just the way it goes today.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    I would have preferred Mark Waid to write her - Waid obviously has a bias towards Pym family. Newer crop of writers are more likely influenced by recent stories and determined that Pym is a dick.
    What recent stories have portrayed Hank as a dick, besides that OGN where Remender decided to write him completely OOC for the sake of the story he wanted to tell? The only thing I could think of was during Bendis' Disassembled, where the characterization was all over the place, and not just for Hank, but that's not exactly "recent". Avengers Academy showed him as a very caring father figure to the kids, IMO. Avengers A.I. had a nice Hank in it. Maybe back in MA, but he was on a downhill path following Jan's death and his return to the real world. Before that, it was Skrull-Pym.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Waid has a bias towards Hank. for Nadia's book, i'd rather take my chances with someone who will focus on her; w/o bias.
    Well, there's nothing wrong with a little positive bias, I'd say

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    Who's this dude?
    His name is Henry Pym Jr., as others have said he's from an alt future.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    I just hope she will not end up an orphan soon.
    Technically she's presently an orphan. After the arc in UA, it's pretty obvious that Hank had been lost all along.

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    I wonder what would happen if Nadia met Ultron. Would he call her sister?
    I'd rather Ultron not come close to Nadia. I really don't want her to get hurt, in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Really surprised no one is talking about the most recent interview, because not only does it sound like a lot of fun but it also gives me a pretty decent idea who will appear in this and what her supporting cast will be like. Either way, I'm looking forward to it coming out in January.

http://www.cbr.com/whitelys-wasp-is-...ce-adventurer/
    Thanks for the link! That article is very interesting, and you can see the writer has a lot of love and enthusiasm for the character and her history. I like the fact that he doesn't belittle or make snarky comments (as it sometimes happen with legacy characters...) and I love the fact that Jarvis will be there!

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Really surprised no one is talking about the most recent interview, because not only does it sound like a lot of fun but it also gives me a pretty decent idea who will appear in this and what her supporting cast will be like. Either way, I'm looking forward to it coming out in January.

http://www.cbr.com/whitelys-wasp-is-...ce-adventurer/
    Sounds like it's going to be a really fun and enjoyable book, with a strong premise and mission statement, and I can't wait to read it

I hope Nadia's optimism and traditional ideal of Superheroes can survive in the Marvel Universe where constant events have heroes acting morally questionable and kill off good people for shock-value. Just look at what happened to Kamala with Civil War II, even if she bounced back fairly well all things considered. But all too often the Marvel universe tends to not reward pure optimism, heroism, and love of doing good, especially in events. It's probably why they should keep her in the dark about what happened to her father for as long as possible.

Has the Arrowverse made the idea of a Superhero support team that popular? Though I guess this has the added benefit of introducing more intelligent and smart women to the Marvel Universe .

I wonder if we're going to see the list of the smartest people in the Marvel Universe get updated to include more women in the future? I actually kind of wonder how the ranking came about in the first pace because I don't think the actual geniuses themselves have the ego to make it up themselves or use any bias (even Tony) to come up with the rankings. Maybe Doom, but no matter what he'll always put himself at #1. Is there not any kind unbiased metric used in making it or has no one bothered to update it?

I'm not really fond of the perception that people only regard Mockingbird as "the one who used to be Hawkeye’s wife and hits things with sticks.” I mean, I get wanting to prove that Bobbi can stand on her own as a strong, smart, and dynamic character, but I think that fly's in the face of the fact that she was portrayed that way even when she was together with Clint and that the relationship is important to the character. But that's just me, someone who enjoys Superhero romances, and I understand the good intentions behind it.

I see the idea of Nadia meeting Scott, the man who's currently using her father's former Superhero identity and the partner of her MCU counterpart Hope Van Dyne, never came up. I just can't really imagine how that meeting would go given how Scott acts right now and the obvious differences between them and how they honor Hank's legacy (not that Scott really does much of that these days...).

Looking forward to Nadia meeting Bobbi and possibly Lunella and Kamala, as well as Jarvis and Jan (to some degree) being part of the book's supporting cast.

Really curious to see which villains Nadia might fight. Egghead and Whirlwind seem like they would be very interested in her given her connection to Hank (and Janet).

I completely forgot Elsa Charretier was the second main Starfire artist after Luppachino. I loved her work there so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing her on this book .
    Last edited by Frontier; 10-30-2016 at 09:02 AM.

Well, if Nadia met Scott, she'd probably also meet Cassie, who recently became another Wasp, though with a different codename, Stinger. What would Nadia think of her?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds like it's going to be a really fun and enjoyable book, with a strong premise and mission statement, and I can't wait to read it

I hope Nadia's optimism and traditional ideal of Superheroes can survive in the Marvel Universe where constant events have heroes acting morally questionable and kill off good people for shock-value. Just look at what happened to Kamala with Civil War II, even if she bounced back fairly well all things considered. But all too often the Marvel universe tends to not reward pure optimism, heroism, and love of doing good, especially in events. It's probably why they should keep her in the dark about what happened to her father for as long as possible.

the idea of Nadia meeting Scott, the man who's currently using her father's former Superhero identity and the partner of her MCU counterpart Hope Van Dyne, never came up. I just can't really imagine how that meeting would go given how Scott acts right now and the obvious differences between them and how they honor Hank's legacy (not that Scott really does much of that these days?
    To properly do that, he would have to go crazy and hit his ex-wife.

To properly do that, he would have to go crazy and hit his ex-wife.
    Once again, on behalf of all the people suffering from a mental illness, thank you.

Seriously, if you don't have anything positive to say about a character, especially if it's not relevant to the thread, don't say anything. This constant lashing out at Pym is getting pretty tiring, and you, my friend, make me start to despise Scott Lang because of your attitude. Also, I find this disrespectful and insulting for real people suffering from BPD. They do not "go crazy". They suffer a mental breakdown caused by their illness. They didn't chose this, and it's something difficult enough to live with without having people saying they're crazy.

Sorry for the rant. I get it, you don't like Pym. But please, on behalf of those who do, please stop with the bashing of the character. Enough is enough.
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 10-30-2016 at 02:16 PM.

I have to say that after reading this interview and this one http://www.comicosity.com/interview-...toppable-wasp/ I have good vibes about this series and the direction. Whitely has taken a quick care and love for Nadia and her background and it seems that he will do a good job developing her and the supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, if Nadia met Scott, she'd probably also meet Cassie, who recently became another Wasp, though with a different codename, Stinger. What would Nadia think of her?
    It'd be interesting to see how Cassie would feel about Nadia being the new Wasp.

I mean, if Jan is cool with it, Cassie should be too, though a part of me wonders if it might have been a childhood dream of hers to be The Wasp herself someday...

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Once again, on behalf of all the people suffering from a mental illness, thank you.

Seriously, if you don't have anything positive to say about a character, especially if it's not relevant to the thread, don't say anything. This constant lashing out at Pym is getting pretty tiring, and you, my friend, make me start to despise Scott Lang because of your attitude. Also, I find this disrespectful and insulting for real people suffering from BPD. They do not "go crazy". They suffer a mental breakdown caused by their illness. They didn't chose this, and it's something difficult enough to live with without having people saying they're crazy.

Sorry for the rant. I get it, you don't like Pym. But please, on behalf of those who do, please stop with the bashing of the character. Enough is enough.
    Frontier attacked Lang; as you have done in the past. Please stop censoring me.
    P.S I actually like Nadia.

I think you're slightly missing my point. I thought your post came out as insensitive towards people with mental illnesses by saying that someone with BPD "went crazy". That was my main beef with your post.

If Frontier said something that upset you about Lang, please discuss it with him. I don't see the need to bash Pym for that, it doesn't accomplish anything IMO. It's things like this that create a rift between the Ant-Men fans, when there shouldn't be.

I don't recall having "attacked" Lang in the past. Actually I wrote pretty good things about him in a legacy thread very recently. I don't think it's an attack to say that I didn't care for the way Spencer has written Lang in his ongoing though.

I realize my earlier post may have come out as a bit harsh, and for that I apologize. Your comment felt very gratuitous and unfair to me, and I should not have responded in the heat of the moment.
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 10-31-2016 at 03:01 PM.

I wasn't attacking Scott, at least intentionally, I was moreso just taking issue with his current characterization under Spencer and how I don't feel that his being written that way makes him come off very well as part of Hank's legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I think you're slightly missing my point. I thought your post came out as insensitive towards people with mental illnesses by saying that someone with BPD "went crazy". That was my main beef with your post.

If Frontier said something that upset you about Lang, please discuss it with him. I don't see the need to bash Pym for that, it doesn't accomplish anything IMO. It's things like this that create a riff between the Ant-Men fans, when there shouldn't be.
    your forgetting that the Original Ant-manHank Pym appreciation thread was named specifically to piss off Lang fans; to quote the thread starter. anyways, I don't think it's fair to hide behind the mental illness argument. if anything, Pym (a fictional character) makes a mockery of mental illness. he's the stereotypical depiction of the mentally ill as violent/dangerous individuals. he's also someone who we've seen arrogantly dismiss accepted means of managing bipolar illness. the skrull was responsible enough to take mood stabilizers. Hank created a video game room for himself; because he knows better. he has also permanently altered his own biochemistry; speculatively aggravating an existing instability (not to mention exposing others to genetic tampering). but this is all off-topic.

-----------------

I hope that the Red Widow shows up in Nadia's book. I think they could have a decent antagonist or reluctant ally relationship.

Astonishing Member

What little I've seen of Nadia was fun so far. Though I'll admit I thought it was pretty odd to see her meet only Janet initially instead of her father (who is indisposed I believe).

Would be funny to see her meet her half sibling William (Tigra's son).

But yeah the one real mystery I have regarding her is what she actually knows about her father. It seems surprising that she knows so little if the Red Room was presumably building her up for SOMETHING.

Also, lol at the thread title. Haha, I see what you did there :P

your forgetting that the Original Ant-manHank Pym appreciation thread was named specifically to piss off Lang fans; to quote the thread starter. anyways, I don't think it's fair to hide behind the mental illness argument. if anything, Pym (a fictional character) makes a mockery of mental illness. he's the stereotypical depiction of the mentally ill as violent/dangerous individuals. he's also someone who we've seen arrogantly dismiss accepted means of managing bipolar illness. the skrull was responsible enough to take mood stabilizers. Hank created a video game room for himself; because he knows better. he has also permanently altered his own biochemistry; speculatively aggravating an existing instability (not to mention exposing others to genetic tampering). but this is all off-topic.
    The original appreciation thread title was a tongue-in-cheek joke to, I admit, get a reaction from ONE specific Lang fan (who has been banned since, if I'm not mistaken). It wasn't my idea, but I didn't see anything wrong with the thread title, as it was only stating the truth.

I have to say I don't agree with pretty much anything you have said in the paragraph I quoted, but you have the right to your opinion and I respect that. Just as I have my own opinion. I would just respectfully ask you to be more moderate in your comments, out of respect for the fans, and I intend to show you the same courtesy.

Since I have nothing more to add to this, let's just get back to the topic of this thread.

Just something I'm wondering...

In today's Avengers #1 I saw a panel with Hope holding onto some seemingly tiny people (one seemed to be falling into her arms). I was wondering, did she shrink those people or did she enlarge herself? I know she hasn't demonstrated growing powers yet but I'm sure that she's capable of it.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    Just something I'm wondering...

In today's Avengers #1 I saw a panel with Hope holding onto some seemingly tiny people (one seemed to be falling into her arms). I was wondering, did she shrink those people or did she enlarge herself? I know she hasn't demonstrated growing powers yet but I'm sure that she's capable of it.
    She seems to have the same kind of hate for Spidey that the original Wasp once did.