Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    Just something I'm wondering...

In today's Avengers #1 I saw a panel with Hope holding onto some seemingly tiny people (one seemed to be falling into her arms). I was wondering, did she shrink those people or did she enlarge herself? I know she hasn't demonstrated growing powers yet but I'm sure that she's capable of it.
    She's called Nadia. Hope is the name of her movie counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's called Nadia. Hope is the name of her movie counterpart.
    Sorry, my mistake.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Astonishing Member

Interesting Deja Vu moment with Nadia........for just as Janet didn't like Spider-man instinctively; so does the All-New Wasp finds herself not liking Peter Parker, not knowing or realizing that he's the Wall Crawler. :P

She doesn't like him because he's friends with Spidey... it's Spider-Man she really hates. Though that begs the question - why didn't this come up when she met Miles Morales?

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Interesting Deja Vu moment with Nadia........for just as Janet didn't like Spider-man instinctively; so does the All-New Wasp finds herself not liking Peter Parker, not knowing or realizing that he's the Wall Crawler. :P
    Like step-mother, like step-daughter .

avengers 1 Nadia Pym birth

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    avengers 1 Nadia Pym birth
    Which brings up the question: what happened to Maria?

Killed shortly after. The retcon is that she was pregnant when captured. Hank thought she'd been killed there and then, but the Russians let her go to term on her pregnancy, then took her out after whisking the baby away to the Red Room. Originally, Maria was simply already dead when Hank became Ant-Man. It appears that is no longer the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Killed shortly after. The retcon is that she was pregnant when captured. Hank thought she'd been killed there and then, but the Russians let her go to term on her pregnancy, then took her out after whisking the baby away to the Red Room. Originally, Maria was simply already dead when Hank became Ant-Man. It appears that is no longer the case.
    There's a small chance that Maria was intended to spy on Pym and accidentally fell in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    There's a small chance that Maria was intended to spy on Pym and accidentally fell in love.
    It's never been even hinted at anywhere, at any point, to my knowledge. But it's not as if Marvel had been shy with retcons before

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    It's never been even hinted at anywhere, at any point, to my knowledge. But it's not as if Marvel had been shy with retcons before
    What better way to stay one step ahead of a scientist who was actively inventing stuff to use against the soviets? Far more effective than the super smart apes.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Like step-mother, like step-daughter .
    Hank and Janet have been divorced for decades, well before they knew Nadia even existed.Does that still make Jan her step mother?

Edit: Oops I should have said years in Marvel time, not decades as in our real time.
    Last edited by Ken Ashcroft; 11-14-2016 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Hank and Janet have been divorced for decades, well before they knew Nadia even existed.Does that still make Jan her step mother?

Edit: Oops I should have said years in Marvel time, not decades as in our real time.
    Nadia does consider Janet her step-mother. She said it herself when she first appeared, plus from what we've seen of them together, Janet is the closest thing she has of a mother figure.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Janet and hank divorced back in the eighties but they did date on and off again after that. The last time they were a couple is post-dissembled when they went to England I think.

They'd been dating again before Disassembled, yeah. There was an issue devoted to them set in Vegas. However, Secret Invasion was being set up even then. A mysterious duplicate of Hank, using the Yellowjacket persona, grabbed the real Hank, who at the time was Goliath. Janet and the other Avengers thought he'd just swapped personas yet again. The issue of the duplicate wasn't resolved before Disassembled. In Secret Invasion, it turned out that everything Hank had done as Yellowjacket had actually been done by the Skrull. The Hank Janet dated that time wasn't the real one!