Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061 LastLast

That I can see. Dad's biploar, and she'll turn out to be so as well. Her happy personality has always been a coping mechanism, a front. It completely contradicts her upbringing as a trained assassin!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That I can see. Dad's biploar, and she'll turn out to be so as well. Her happy personality has always been a coping mechanism, a front. It completely contradicts her upbringing as a trained assassin!
    I think we saw hints back in the last series, when they were taking Ying to the hospital and Nadia got to paranoic that accidentally attacked Janet, or during the CW2 tie-in, when she got in her mini-lab to invent something to make accurate Ulysses' predictions and almost got depressed when it failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I honestly believe that Nadia will probably suffer a nervous breakdown or something similar because of all the stress and pressure.
    In the first volume, Janet said something along the lines of, "I didn't leave him because he was mentally ill, but because he refused to get treatment." So I think that's going to come back around here—mental illness can be genetic, but hopefully Nadia will deal with it in a better way than Hank did.

Because your theory is clearly wrong. During Secret Empire, wouldn't Black Widow have noticed if Nadia wasn't actually from the Red Room?
    all she'd be able to say is that she wasn't from her own Red Room. and my thinking was that a skrull replaced the real Nadia prior to showing up at Avengers mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    In the first volume, Janet said something along the lines of, "I didn't leave him because he was mentally ill, but because he refused to get treatment." So I think that's going to come back around here—mental illness can be genetic, but hopefully Nadia will deal with it in a better way than Hank did.
    here's hoping. I only brought up the speculation because of what Seeker said to one of the girls (that Nadia was a threat).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    all she'd be able to say is that she wasn't from her own Red Room. and my thinking was that a skrull replaced the real Nadia prior to showing up at Avengers mansion.
    If you're referring to her debut in FCBD 2016, that was Hank's house, not Avengers Mansion.

And what do you mean "her own Red Room"? There's only one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

here's hoping. I only brought up the speculation because of what Seeker said to one of the girls (that Nadia was a threat).
    Honestly she said that to turn them against Nadia, as she tried to warn Nadia in issue 1 of a menace that was coming to Earth and Nadia didn't believe her, so Seeker decided to use another strategy and make up that Nadia is someone the others shouldn't trust.

Honestly she said that to turn them against Nadia, as she tried to warn Nadia in issue 1 of a menace that was coming to Earth and Nadia didn't believe her, so Seeker decided to use another strategy and make up that Nadia is someone the others shouldn't trust.
    it's not much of a strategy if she wants help from Nadia.

If you're referring to her debut in FCBD 2016, that was Hank's house, not Avengers Mansion.

And what do you mean "her own Red Room"? There's only one.
    some elements of the training could change over time. and it's not like there was a martial art that only black widows use. they are trained in existing spycraft and self-defense. anyone who can fight could say that they had red room training. where do they show Natasha investigating Nadia? wasn't she a tad busy being a fugitive? and those skrulls were able to duplicate Henry Pym's intelligence. how hard could it be to duplicate red room training?

it's not much of a strategy if she wants help from Nadia.
    She tried to convince Nadia in issue 1, it didn't work, so she changed tactics to get more allies, it didn't work as she tried it with Ying.

She tried to convince Nadia in issue 1, it didn't work, so she changed tactics to get more allies, it didn't work as she tried it with Ying.
    i'm not saying you're wrong. but you're still speculating. how would identifying herself as a liar gain her allies? i'd say that it's just as likely that she was telling the truth and won't be believed because of a real misunderstanding. Finesse isn't evil. there are apparently two Priyas. and I have no idea who Brilliance is. how can we say for certain what is going on?

Being finessed by Finesse is an achievement, not a failure.

i'm not saying you're wrong. but you're still speculating. how would identifying herself as a liar gain her allies? i'd say that it's just as likely that she was telling the truth and won't be believed because of a real misunderstanding. Finesse isn't evil. there are apparently two Priyas. and I have no idea who Brilliance is. how can we say for certain what is going on?
    She invaded the lab and kidnapped Lashaya threatening her with violence. Of course she is lying about Nadia. And Finesse attacked Taina's sister and almost killed her by reducing her to the microverse, she was the least moral of the Avengers Academy, so her chances of having become evil are very high.

She invaded the lab and kidnapped Lashaya threatening her with violence. Of course she is lying about Nadia. And Finesse attacked Taina's sister and almost killed her by reducing her to the microverse, she was the least moral of the Avengers Academy, so her chances of having become evil are very high.
    I'm not ruling out Whitley portraying her as a double-agent or something but I guess if any of the Avengers Academy kids was going to eventually break bad, it would probably have been Finesse.

well we'll all find out together.