Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    here's hoping. I only brought up the speculation because of what Seeker said to one of the girls (that Nadia was a threat).
    I believe I know the reason to this. Whitley tweeted something that's probably related to this some months back.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    some elements of the training could change over time. and it's not like there was a martial art that only black widows use. they are trained in existing spycraft and self-defense. anyone who can fight could say that they had red room training. where do they show Natasha investigating Nadia? wasn't she a tad busy being a fugitive? and those skrulls were able to duplicate Henry Pym's intelligence. how hard could it be to duplicate red room training?
    Black Widow had a team of six Champions with her. Amadeus, Miles, Viv, Riri, Joaquin, and Nadia. And she trained them, mostly off panel (not much room to elaborate in a one-shot, Secret Empire: Uprising). She should've recognised Nadia's fighting style being a combination of five of the seven martial arts (as mentioned in UW #3) all Red Room operatives are expected to learn.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Black Widow had a team of six Champions with her. Amadeus, Miles, Viv, Riri, Joaquin, and Nadia. And she trained them, mostly off panel (not much room to elaborate in a one-shot, Secret Empire: Uprising). She should've recognised Nadia's fighting style being a combination of five of the seven martial arts (as mentioned in UW #3) all Red Room operatives are expected to learn.
    Did they discuss the red room or their time there? And again I'm talking about a skrull replacing Nadia the way that one replaced her father.

Mighty Member

I'm glad that Nadia had gotten her first ever series to begin with (even if there are others who don't feel the same way for some silly reasons). It pave the way for other readers to get to know and be fond of her. Resulting in them being comic book fans or just fans of the new Wasp (and it's real unfortunate that not many commentors here gave Nadia's series an actual fair shot with an open mind...hopefully things will be different once more and more posters start doing that some time down the road and come out of reading her first series with some amount of appreciation towards it).

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    I'm glad that Nadia had gotten her first ever series to begin with (even if there are others who don't feel the same way for some silly reasons). It pave the way for other readers to get to know and be fond of her. Resulting in them being comic book fans or just fans of the new Wasp (and it's real unfortunate that not many commentors here gave Nadia's series an actual fair shot with an open mind...hopefully things will be different once more and more posters start doing that some time down the road and come out of reading her first series with some amount of appreciation towards it).
    Here is a better take for those who don't support it for reasons other than because they are triggered about awesome girls doing science*, because honestly I don't like yours.

Yes it's super unfair Janet never got a solo book. Yes it's extremely unfair how many times Janet already got replaced on a lot of stuff because of movie synergy. Yes Janet deserves so much more than what she's been getting for years and yes it directly has to do with movies and Nadia's existence because of movies.

But the thing is the writer of the Unstoppable Wasp acknowledges this and does the best he can with giving Janet a big role in the book. And even without her, this book is a freaking joy to read. It's beyond adorable and it is simply beautiful. Nadia is a great character and she is a sweetheart. I love her. I love her supporting cast and most importantly I love the fact that this book brought so many young girls, and hopefully boys to comics. I believe it's incredibly important that girls in fiction are portrayed like this in places where it's most accessible to young kids. All ages comics are perfect for it but that's not all there is to this comic. It has some incredible interactions, references and heart melting moments.

Yes, Janet deserves her own book after over half a century of her existence and it's a shame she still doesn't have one. But not supporting Nadia won't actually do anything to change it. Give it a chance and if it's not your cup of tea, that's fine but there are others who really enjoy it so move on. Don't use social media to say how much you want this book to burn and get cancelled. That's petty.

* - Meaning I don't want to even talk to people who hate this book because of political reasons.

Edit: I used to really dislike the fact that this book existed. I don't deny that. But over a year ago, I changed my mind completely. I love it and I love Nadia.
    Last edited by Captain M; 01-03-2019 at 05:12 AM.

Yeah, and don't forget, Whitley is writing Janet in Tony Stark: Iron Man as well! Obviously someone in editorial likes how she's being handled in Unstoppable Wasp if he's being asked to assist Slott. If people support Nadia enough, then maybe UW will earn a spin-off. A Janet solo. Whitley has said he wants that to happen.

And on that note, I guess this thread is almost done. I expect a mod to lock it up soon. Janet's thread was already rebooted, along with many others.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman