Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightwing, #2

Super Moderator

Default Nightwing, #2

"Better than Batman" part two! Nightwing and his new mentor Raptor embark on their first assignment for the Parliament of Owls. Will Raptor prove himself a superior mentor for Nightwing? Or will they both fall prey to the fangs of Kobra?

Full article here.

Incredible Member

I do like Barbara being a big part of this series early on, primarily because I like Barbara, but won't be reading her books. I'm also pleasantly surprised I like the art better than I thought I would.

The art looks better in this preview here. Also, minor nitpick, but I hate when current events of other books are referenced in a book. It really doesn't add to much and really dates the story. Even if you are reading 'Tec and Batman, that minor, "Oh hey, yeah!" moment isn't worth making your story less accessable to future readers.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Countdown until the obligatory comment about how bad that Robin costume is.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Wait is this book a weekly?

I kid I kid. Looks good.

Wow, we got this faster then I was expecting. Not that I mind .

Jeez Batman...though I guess the "Dynamic Duo" days can't all be sunshine and rainbows or Silver Age fun. Reminds me of that moment in "Old Wounds" from B:TAS.

Poor Batgirl feels unneeded with the Gotham Twins and Batwoman's group .

Seeley has a good handling of Dick and Babs' dynamic and characterization. I almost kind of wish he was the one writing the Batgirl solo...

BANNED

I don't like the first-person POV; Dick can't SURPRISE his readers if they're already in his head with him. It's okay once in awhile, but not all the time. It'd be cool if they did a story with the villain's first-person POV sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, we got this faster then I was expecting. Not that I mind .

Jeez Batman...though I guess the "Dynamic Duo" days can't all be sunshine and rainbows or Silver Age fun. Reminds me of that moment in "Old Wounds" from B:TAS.

Poor Batgirl feels unneeded with the Gotham Twins and Batwoman's group .

Seeley has a good handling of Dick and Babs' dynamic and characterization. I almost kind of wish he was the one writing the Batgirl solo...
    I have a feeling that the flashback may end up being a hallucination triggered by the gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Well if it didn't suck so much people would stop complaining.

(Or at least complain a little less)
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Y'know, I'm not normally one to complain about things like this - but Dick seems disquietingly Bruce-focussed here and last issue. He's making his decisions here because he reflects that Bruce has told him to - rather than because he's a grown man who's been at this a while and making his own decisions should be the default!

In fact Dick in general seems to have been downgraded a little in age, independance and ability since "Grayson" - and I was really hoping, and encouraged by the "Rebirth" issue - that the transition back to Nightwing wouldn't mean any of those things. Oh well. It's nothing too objectionable so far.
    Last edited by Claude; 08-01-2016 at 11:37 AM.

BANNED

Really liking Fernandez's art here (the Batgirl costume has never looked better), but I can't help but wonder what Batman is wearing in that flashback. Seems a bit clunking for rooftop jumping.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I do like Barbara being a big part of this series early on,
    Not me

10 char
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Not me

10 char
    It's kinda meh by now. The Dick/Babs relationship has been so mishandled since Barbara stopped being Oracle that it's hard to care about it. Maybe enough time has lapsed that revisiting Nightwing/Starfire wouldn't suck.

Dick is really coming off as inexperienced to me in this, which is odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I still don't get why they didn't use Rebirth to give him a better one. Or at least one that doesn't suck, lol.

Raptor obviously is gonna complicate Dick and Babs relationship, just like he's gonna complicate Dick and Bruce's relationship. Making Dick reevaluate both.