Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Hopeless' "Spider-Woman" Investigates the Visions Fueling "Civil War II"

Dennis Hopeless explains how Jessica Drew finds herself looking into the visions at the core of Captain Marvel and Iron Man's ideological battle.

Full article here.

Sad that Rodriguez is leaving, as Rodriguez+Hopeless+Spider-Woman has been a match made in heaven, but very happy the book is continuing for now, especially with a great artist like Veronica Fish. Pretty cool that an artist I've just been exposed to and really dug during the last year (her work on Archie, and her one issue of Howard the Duck which might be the best issue of Zdarsky's run) is doing her first ongoing Marvel run on my favorite current Marvel title! Here's hoping they get to keep making it for a while!

Niffleheim

I see she is still taking in new volunteers and conscripts to wage her profiling war.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I see she is still taking in new volunteers and conscripts to wage her profiling war.
    actually, I think she's kind of keeping Jessica (her best friend) out of it; by sending her on these fact finding missions.

Jess doesn't want any part of it. Which is why Carol is asking her to do this. Jess can look at it impartially.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

This is a book I look forward to reading every month, more-so than any other I read (and it's a lot). I'm almost heartbroken, though, that Javier Rodriguez is moving on - I LOVE his art and storytelling.

A FORCE to be reckoned w/ Dazzler's Avatar

this is by far the best book on Marvel's current publishing slate...sad to see Rodriguez go, but THRILLED that the book isn't going with him. This one is truly unique in the world of comics and needs to keep going FOREVER AND EVER.

I agree with Mindyricked and Dazzler. I look forward to this book more than any others each month. I'm sad Rodriguez is leaving, but hopefully he and Hopeless will pair up again down the road. This book has been consistently fantastic even though it frequently gets interrupted by crossovers - but I think that really shows you what a talented writer Hopeless is that he still makes each issue so much fun.

Here's to a long run of Spider -Woman with Hopeless at the helm. Can't wait to see what Veronica Fish does with Jess too!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

In all my years of reading comics, I never thought I'd see the day that I'd be looking forward to the exploits of the Porcupine. They need to make a Legends figure with additional head to show off the beard

These days, 21 issues of anything is a pretty big milestone .

So it is going to be Kingsley as Hobgoblin who Jess tussles with, which should be interesting. Though even when you think you're dealing with Kingsley, more often then not you aren't...

I had given up on this book before Secret Wars. Hopeless seemed to have dumbed down Jess a la Fraction's Hawkeye and not a big fan of the art. (And GOD that costume is fugly!). Still don't like art or costume but this volume's Jess is the experienced kick ass character she should be and I'm looking forward to anything Hopeless throws our way!

Jessica Drew has never been in a Civil War before, (because she was replaced by a Skrull the whole time). So how many others have never been in a super hero vs super hero conflict?

I'll start with

Bruce Banner
    The Inhumans
    Clint Barton
    Dr Strange stood CWI out, but now is in.
    Jane Thor
    Sam, Miles, and Kamala
    Vision

Any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    actually, I think she's kind of keeping Jessica (her best friend) out of it; by sending her on these fact finding missions.
    I hope one of those missions entails watching a vision come to pass with no interference, because we really need to find out how much Ulysses angst affects a visions outcome. If the prediction is that some installation blows, because of a super hero mistake killing 100 people, them evacuate the building before hand and watch what happens. If the building still blows and the hero rushes in to see what happens, he can be met by Spiderwoman who tells him he just did a stupid thing.

If Jess can monitor predictions results a few times, then it would certainly go a long way to proving predictions are worth acting upon.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-01-2016 at 10:11 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Jessica Drew has never been in a Civil War before, (because she was replaced by a Skrull the whole time). So how many others have never been in a super hero vs super hero conflict?

I'll start with

Bruce Banner
    The Inhumans
    Clint Barton
    Dr Strange stood CWI out, but now is in.
    Jane Thor
    Sam, Miles, and Kamala
    Vision

Any more?
    Actually Jane Foster was involved in the original Civil War. She sided with Captain America and helped treat Spider-Man after he switched sides along with any other injured heroes.

I'm sad Javier Rodriguez is leaving. I'm not familiar with Veronica Fish but I quickly googled her work and I think she's a good fit for a book like Spider-Woman. I'm also quite pleased the book will be continuing to at least issue 21 and I hope it keeps going. It's one of the few consistently good ongoing books I read every month other that Uncanny X-Men and Ms. Marvel.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

So I'm guessing Jess will fight Hobgoblin due to one of the visions.