Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
Why can't people enjoy the new legacy heroes AND be dissatisfied with the way the classic heroes are treated? I love almost all of the new legacy characters (I think TA Hulk and Miles Morales are the only ones I dislike, and the latter is most due to bendis' obsession with his pet and trying to put over the character on the real spiderman).

However, that's not to say I don't have my issues with them. Jane Foster as Thor is probably in my top 5 if not top 3 books right now, but it does kind of bother me that she is "Thor". I don't care what you tell me, his name is THOR Odinson, not just the odinson, just like loki is called lok, and angela is called angela, not odindotter.

Miles Morales could be cool, but I don't like that bendis writes him like he's the second coming of Christ and that he is called spiderman. The two names thing works for some charcaters (hawkeye, because kate took over while he was gone, and just didn't wanna stop when he came back, Captain America, because he is more of a symbol, and the two current captain America's are two different representations for a country that is a giant melting pot), but its kind of lame in the sense of spiderman. It made sense for him to be spiderman in the UU but we have a spiderman. I get that he is supposed to be telling "classic" spiderman style stories, but I'm still not a fan.

Theres this huge divide between marvel fans growing where if you hate the new characters, you're a racist, or if you advocate for all the new characters and want the old ones gone you're a PC SJW. Like I said, I'm loving a lot of these new characters and stories, but despite that, I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel at least a bit forced. But just because I have zero interest in reading about RiRi Williams, doesn't mean I hate black people or women. I don't care if you was a gay transgender middle easter cripple, that's not why I don't wanna read about her. I don't want to read about her because she's been around for, what, 5 issues? Why is she all of the sudden so important? She isn't really, she is part of an agenda.
Errrr... can we edit this to be less offensive?