View Poll Results: Happy with All New Marvel?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

99 46.05%
  • No

116 53.95%
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Huh? No I dropped the book, so far I've been enjoying the series and thought that Sam has made an interesting captain America but I'm just not interested in the big Hail Hydra story at the moment that will no doubt be some big crossover event, not mad at it just have no interest in it what's so ever. So when I redid my pull list I just dropped him, maybe I'll add him again afterwords.
    I'm pulling your leg.

BANNED

sifighter:
    Huh? No I dropped the book, so far I've been enjoying the series and thought that Sam has made an interesting captain America but I'm just not interested in the big Hail Hydra story at the moment that will no doubt be some big crossover event, not mad at it just have no interest in it what's so ever. So when I redid my pull list I just dropped him, maybe I'll add him again afterwords.
    Looking at Civil War 2 Oath ... There is a possibility that Captain America will be Hydra Agent for the next months or even year.... We have Civil War 2 then Inhumans vs X men then we need some time between events and only then we will have crossover event about Red Skull / Captain America...
    Or at least i think that way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Past View Post
    No one likes to see their favorite characters sidelined just to make way for someone else. I myself am fine with most of the changes (Robbie Reyes, Kamala Khan, Miles Morales, Sam Wilson) while others seem illogical, (Jane Foster, Riri Williams). I have nothing against the characters themselves but some of the narrative leaps that were made to explain their taking of an established mantle bothered me. Did they need to kill Bruce Banner and Jennifer Walters? Absolutely not. Did they need to make Thor Unworthy with no explanation? Absolutely not. Some of these decisions imo were clear attempts to get rid of established characters so that the new heroes could shine. Theoretically this isn't a bad tactic but when it's done numerous times in he span of a couple of months/years people will start noticing and they will get mad. Some will get mad because they simply don't like change while others just don't like Marvels attempts to manipulate them. Either way a part of the fan base feels jaded and that can hurt sales lower general interest in the brand itself. The key to this whole thing is communication between the fans and Marvel to let them know what we want and also to buy the books if and when they give us what we want. I hope we can get to a point where all or most of the characters we love are respected and represented in some form that way all parties are happy.
    Jennifer is still alive.

The story behind Thor being unworthy will be told in The Unworthy Thor. Probably good to wait and see how it unfolds before claiming to be either good or bad.

Making all parties happy, according to the sentiments expressed on these boards, would involve the most banal fan service possible and one tepid storyline after another. No one's favorite character would ever encounter adversity, experience defeat or suffer in any extraordinary way. Because any time they do, the cries go out that writers and editors are punishing a character, disrespecting the fans, and are only serving an agenda. In order to be happy, I think some fans are just going to have to accept the fact that serialized storytelling frequently involves writers putting characters through some rough sh*t in order to test their mettle.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Jennifer is still alive.

The story behind Thor being unworthy will be told in The Unworthy Thor. Probably good to wait and see how it unfolds before claiming to be either good or bad.

Making all parties happy, according to the sentiments expressed on these boards, would involve the most banal fan service possible and one tepid storyline after another. No one's favorite character would ever encounter adversity, experience defeat or suffer in any extraordinary way. Because any time they do, the cries go out that writers and editors are punishing a character, disrespecting the fans, and are only serving an agenda. In order to be happy, I think some fans are just going to have to accept the fact that serialized storytelling frequently involves writers putting characters through some rough sh*t in order to test their mettle.
    So tell me what good thing has happened to the X-men in the last decade ?.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    What part of either the post I responded to or my reply had anything to do with The X-Men?

But if we're talking X-Men, I don't have the time or the inclination to go through what the last ten years (!) have entailed for the X-Men and all the related mutant teams and solo titles but if you think the last decade has been a complete loss for mutants at Marvel, I doubt if Marvel can do much to please you. I mean, Remender's X-Force alone strikes me as one of the all-time great highlights of the X-line.

What part of either the post I responded to or my reply had anything to do with The X-Men?

But if we're talking X-Men, I don't have the time or the inclination to go through what the last ten years (!) have entailed for the X-Men and all the related mutant teams and solo titles but if you think the last decade has been a complete loss for mutants at Marvel, I doubt if Marvel can do much to please you. I mean, Remender's X-Force alone strikes me as one of the all-time great highlights of the X-line.
    Well, you were talking about that some fans dont want that never ever anything bad happens to their favorite characters.

And im not talking about good written books; im talking about that X-men winning something, or something good happening to them, because how long i know, this decade amounts to a genocide, AvX, a second genocide, and IvX.

BANNED

Well, you were talking about that some fans dont want that never ever anything bad happens to their favorite characters.

And im not talking about good written books; im talking about that X-men winning something, or something good happening to them, because how long i know, this decade amounts to a genocide, AvX, a second genocide, and IvX.
    Yes, bad things tend to happen to the X-Men and some fans do tend to complain about that.

Just like many fans like to complain that their favorite character isn't being treated "right" whenever a writer throws a lot of difficult sh*t their way. Being a comic book hero tends to involve being through the wringer on a regular basis.

Ultimate Member

New X-Men Academy

The last X-Men series I bought.

Yes, bad things tend to happen to the X-Men and some fans do tend to complain about that.

Just like many fans like to complain that their favorite character isn't being treated "right" whenever a writer throws a lot of difficult sh*t their way. Being a comic book hero tends to involve being through the wringer on a regular basis.
    But good things should happen once in a while too, right ?.

Off the top of my head...

In Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, they saved the world from the Breakworld bullet.

In Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia, they beat Osborn's Avengers and set up their own island nation.

In Second Coming, they defeated Bastion and his army of Nimrod sentinels.

Those were pretty good things!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    I'm pulling your leg.
    Oh sorry, I couldn't tell.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post

In Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia, they beat Osborn's Avengers and set up their own island nation.

In Second Coming, they defeated Bastion and his army of Nimrod sentinels.

Those were pretty good things!
    Kitty Pryde sacrificed herself to get rid of that bullet; and to be sincere, the X-men have been destroying sentinels' armies since the 60's.

On the other hand, creating Utopia was nice.

BANNED

Kitty Pryde sacrificed herself to get rid of that bullet; and to be sincere, the X-men have been destroying sentinels' armies since the 60's.

On the other hand, creating Utopia was nice.
    Yet you still go back every month for more of the same. How many years have you been doing that? That's a common theme with a
    lot of X-fans; They go years and years buying a book they haven't liked since the 90's or before. No other fan subset I know of would
    continue buying a title that had it's heyday 20 years ago and been in a downward spiral ever since (Unless maybe they secretly like
    complaining or claiming victimization?). I get continuing through a rough patch for a few months, or even an entire run, but not like
    some I've seen complaining that they haven't enjoyed the books since Morrison left, but for some reason think the next issue will be
    different. No wonder that board is so miserable.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post

Sucked for Kitty though.

That really wasn't a victory. They were basically exiled from their rightful home to a dead rock in the water, after which they were forced to survive by making supply raids to the mainland. Utopia was a disaster.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

The whole make everyone happy thing isn't going to work because it doesn't matter how poc legacy characters are handled you're going to have people complain that they're "piggy backing" on another hero, don't deserve a book in favor of {Insert Character Here}, or that the character was only created to pander or that they were agenda driven.