View Poll Results: Happy with All New Marvel?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

99 46.05%
  • No

116 53.95%
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I wish him luck on starting a comic book business when he's alienating a significant portion of his customers right out of the gate.
    LOL,um have you seen the sales of independent products in comics. If it's not walking dead, safe to say they are on the lower selling end of the spectrum. Now if I was doing a graphic novel, I would be fine. But as an independent publisher, my chance for success is VERY low if I only stuck with the comic book audience. Sadly independent publishers are largely ignored. So while I do attempt to attract those who are interested in trying new products (who I did not alienate in my posts, as my posts referred to the classic readers who have no interest in purchasing new characters, so they wouldn't buy my products to begin with.) my main goal is to reach non-traditional comic book readers. YA readers, Manga readers, book club readers, web comic readers, and the like.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Do you mean a street next to a comics convention? Because that's the only way you can find 7/10 people knowing who War Machine is.
    I can give you that he is a bit more popular than Nova because he appeared in some movies, but he's not that big.

Now are you seriously comparing a character who's dead 5 years ago to a character who died 2 monthes ago?
    How course right after Rhodey's death, Ryder's odd to be resurrected were higher.
    But If you go that way, Jericho Drumm died after Richard and was brought back before him.

LMAO, C'mon dude. War Machine was staring in almost every big major film that Marvel had. He played a huge role in Iron Man 2, decent size role in Iron Man 3, was in Civil War and more. I more than wager that if 7/10 people who saw the movies, they would know who War Machine is. Of course he's not as popular as the mainstream heroes but he's definitely still easily recognizable.

My point in bringing in Richard Ryder was to show that one doesn't have to be iconic to be brought back. The point was to show that War Machine is more popular than Richard Ryder and more Iconic, however Richard Ryder did come back. We don't know if Rhodey will come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I missed the part were Steve Rogers became black, Clint Barton a woman and Bruce Banner asian.
    An now Steve Rogers is a Hydra Agent, Clint's a murderer, and Bruce was killed off unceremoniously (like Rhodey).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    An now Steve Rogers is a Hydra Agent, Clint's a murderer, and Bruce was killed off unceremoniously (like Rhodey).
    Which isn't only besides the point of people taking over characternames when all they do is taking over Codenames that is also one good story, one terrible story and two that happen all the time and since they'll be back I fail to be offended by it.

I think I even admitted in this very thread that I am not cool with how some of the Veterans are portrayed dumber/weaker/worse/wrong/etc. while their newer counterparts mostly outshine them but that doesn't mean I am against the idea of legacy heroes. I'm actually quite okay with it all.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

BANNED

I promised myself i would never again post on this forums, but

The guidelines for the use of the forum openly states "if you wouldn’t say it as a guest in someone else’s home, don’t say it here."

What Leo619 and other users like him are doing is exactly attacking a select portion of the posters and having a behavior unbecoming of someone who's a guest in someone else's home.

Still, were we all guest in Jonah Weiland's home, i believe they would act the same and be the same kind of person. I also believe Jonah would tell them to simmer down or take the door.

At this moment in time i don't feel like being a guest in this home because of people unbecoming behavior.

Have a good time.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Dazzler is my main reason for investing any money into Marvel these days but they are really trying to come for my wallet by making Monet St. Croix a prominent X-woman. other than that, and i've done the reading, i could care less about anything happening in Marvel's curent lineup of books.
    Edit:
    MoonKnight is cool. So is Silver Surfer. Other than them, cancel my subscriptions. Over their issues.

What the heck is a "classic reader"?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    I haven't got a freaking clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    The whole country? Look it's normal to not agree with people and that doesn't mean you're rectionnary. Heck I'm a person of colour and Black Lives Matter is starting to make me feel uncomfortable...

Not at all. I didn't really enjoy Miles or Luke Cage's push but that's because I generally loathe everything Bendis has done at Marvel.

Marvel's main heroes have been around for over 50 years, how long do we minorities have to prop up your heroes? When can we shine? Do we have to wait until you're dead and buried so we won't assault your sensiblities with our different appearances and mores?

This makes me think of when Star Trek The Next Generation came out. We were all so excited to have new Trek back then that people, mostly, didn't complain. If TNG had come out nowadays the old guard would've raised a huge ruckus, there would've been dozens of petitions to bring back the original crew on Change.org and so forth.

Now comments like this kill me. For over three decades I've been mostly reading about White heroes and their adventures. I still love them too. My favourite heroes, in no particular order, Black Bolt, Batman, Thor, Captain America and Namor. Now you're saying you won't support these new titles because a handful of heroes have been switched up yet expect me to keep supporting your guys. Will it really kill you to read about someone that doesn't quite look like you? I've been doing it for decades.

Actually one of the major storylines I remember about Falcon was when he was on the hard-7 Avengers group. He kept doubting himself about his presence on the mandated 7 member crew. Was he just there because he was Cap's buddy? Had he arrived there on his own merits?

Now one thing that highly annoys me about Fal-Cap is that he's made to be the same thing as Rogers which he isn't. Steve was a leader, a captain but I've always felt that Sam was a different person altogether. He's a politician. I wanted him to be more mellow and happy like he was in his original appearances. I wanted him to be Cap-diplomat, a man of the people. Rogers is like a statue the crowd admires from afar, Wilson should be standing in the crowd, shoulder to shoulder with his fellow men.
    So what ?, im a latino reading about a bunch of Americans.
    And no, i believe that in this case "the survival of the fittest" truly applies; so no, i dont expect you to support a book that you are not interested in, just like you shouldnt expect me to do that; im only interested in mutants and the X-men, i dont like the Avengers or the Inhumans, so unless something is truly outstanding like Ms Marvel, im not interested, stop insisting.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

The bad guys apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Really? Every Marvel title last week was "all trash that was created with the intent of drumming up controversy"?

DOCTOR STRANGE?

DAREDEVIL ANNUAL?

DEADPOOL

DEADPOOL V GAMBIT?

MOON KNIGHT?

PUNISHER?

UNCANNY X-MEN?

I could go on with more titles but you get the picture. I'd say your characterization of current Marvel contains elements of exaggeration.
    Well, i would say that the X-books are pretty gimmick-y these days; after all, if you dont believe in the Complex, what is the other explanation for a second genocide ?.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Or actually read my words before you have a heart attack. I specifically referred to the classic reader group who doesn't support almost no new characters because it doesn't fit with their nostalgia paradigm.
    I have stated this numerous times already.
    Like if you have keep reading after "Im not racist but......"

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I'm sorry, but that's kinda nonsensical. If he made the specification in this thread beforehand and has carried on with the same discussion with no indication of diversion, there's no need for him to repeatedly reiterate that that is the case.

Trying to pull a snap shot and use it against him is on you and only you.

If in my first statement I say A.I.D.S. stands for Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, it's not on me to say that every other time I bring up A.I.D.S. in the same place just cause it's convenient for you who doesn't want to backtrack.
    And what that has to do with this ?, i wonder if you people have heard of the word "some".

You know, bitching just cause you couldn't take the time to understand the context of his post cause you felt attacked where it may well not have even applied to you doesn't make you look better.

Fuck my post wasn't even attacking you or saying he was right. I'm just stating you have no grounds to expect him to reiterate what he said when it's publicly observable

You came at him with a false understanding of his point and he rather pointedly showed that's not the case.

If you would have taken the time to read.
    Well, if i made a distinction between a Tumblr user and SWJ, and then i said The Tumblr users; you would have jumped on me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    And what that has to do with this ?, i wonder if you people have heard of the word "some".

Well, if i made a distinction between a Tumblr user and SWJ, and then i said The Tumblr users; you would have jumped on me.
    I'm sorry, Do you know me? You sure are acting damn well familiar to be so presumptuous as to what I would or would not have done.

Like christ. The point is the guy made his specification, he should not have to re-specify every time he says what he says. That's all there is to it.

I'm sorry, Do you know me? You sure are acting damn well familiar to be so presumptuous as to what I would or would not have done.

Like christ. The point is the guy made his specification, he should not have to re-specify every time he says what he says. That's all there is to it.
    And talking about being offended.
    I hate the English language; i was talking about the general you, not YOU specifically.

And like i said, the word "SOME" exist for a reason, you know.

BANNED

White guys that made the original characters icons by buying their books as kids and never quit, or came back after a hiatus. Apparently,
    we've been actively keeping minority books from setting the world on fire by guarding the doors of our lcs from anybody wanting to
    purchase them. It's been a conspiracy all along, but they finally figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    White guys that made the original characters icons by buying their books as kids and never quit, or came back after a hiatus. Apparently,
    we've been actively keeping minority books from setting the world on fire by guarding the doors of our lcs from anybody wanting to
    purchase them. It's been a conspiracy all along, but they finally figured it out.
    Hmm...
    ...why "white guys"?