Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

They're not. Equating your forte with what is a good comic is naive.

Uncanny X-Men is one of the best comics written in quite some time.

Get with it.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Good article. Spot-on in many aspects, particularly the hopelessness that marks the titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Based Stickler View Post
    According just to Diamond's numbers though, all 3 X-titles average around a pretty solid 50K a month so they can't be THAT bad.
    The main titles of the biggest guns at Marvel and DC rarely sell below a certain number due to loyal fans. You'll never see, say, Amazing Spider-Man selling 30k a month even if they put Chuck Austen in it.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Based Stickler View Post
    Nobody should blindly buy anything. Too many of you seem to confuse loyalty with stupidity. EXM didn't do it for me either but that doesn't mean Lemire isn't "high-caliber talent". Old Man Logan & Moon Knight beg to differ (and every other title he's writing at other publishers).
    Lemire started his run by admitting he's not good on team books. He might be good on solos, but he himself admits he struggles with team books. Perhaps they should've started him out on with lower profile team where he could learn before handing him the X-book flagship.

BANNED

I think most people have adopted Uncanny as being the Flagship, not only is it the better book but the name "Uncanny X-Men" carries a hell of a lot more than the new "Extraordinary X-Men". Those that classed the original Uncanny as the X-Men flagship probably still do.

Lemire's Storm could stand to feel more big league like adult Cyclops, other then that people are just looking through rosecoloured glasses at the past.

I agree and disagree with stuff said in the article. I do think the books are missing something nowadays and I do find the lack of caring about the t-mist problem from the other heroes to be something that is a detriment to my full acceptance of this plot. As far as the three main books I've been sticking to Uncanny, just cause the other two have just not brought much interest to me.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I don't view any of these books as a "flagship" at the moment. That's part of my problem with the line right now, it has no perceived direction (other than down) and no sense of togetherness. Extraordinary seems to be dealing with saving mutants from the Mist, but it feels utterly disconnected from the world and themselves at times. They are more connected in Civil War (Bendis of all things) than in their own book, even as wallpaper. Uncanny is the group that is trying to make moves to prevent the extinction of the mutant race, and being the hand that strikes against enemies (kinda X-Force style). All New has that family sense to it, but I don't really care for the time-displaced X-Men anymore and the fact that they have be traipsing around the globe and have even really addressed the T-Mist problem in their book feels flawed. OML and ANW are essentially separate books from the line but are written quite well and have a direction. Maybe that will change after IvX (doubtful), but right now it feels like it's every mutant for themselves which, for me, goes against the idea of the X-Men.

Both inside and outside of the X-books, the fact that there is a lack of discussion or addressing the T-Mist situation/mutant plight is another part of my issues. Why is it that no other team is allowed to criticize or address the T-Mist issue? Why are any advancements of cures or help being shown in non X-books and seemingly no one knows about (i.e. Rogue getting treatments from Beast, Hellion receiving care, etc)? #mutantlivesmatter
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 08-02-2016 at 08:25 AM.

BANNED

Askani's Flame:
    But they said their reasons, Captain America said:
    "We're trying to keep it quiet. We must avoid fanning the flames of conflict"
    it looks stupid right know but i will wait for "death of x" before judging.

but right now it feels like it's every mutant for themselves which, for me, goes against the idea of the X-Men.
    New Avengers had really cool family moment
    series with Rogue have family moments (UA vol 1 when she take powers of X men, AXIS Cyclops talk with X men who came to help, probably because Rogue steal Xavier powers but explanation? why bother .... well that was Remender) and even is UA vol 3 we had family scene with the mightest heroes after Captain Am. talk. they all felt like a family

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBansheeCassidy View Post
    I think most people have adopted Uncanny as being the Flagship, not only is it the better book but the name "Uncanny X-Men" carries a hell of a lot more than the new "Extraordinary X-Men". Those that classed the original Uncanny as the X-Men flagship probably still do.
    New Uncanny X-Men is either X-Force, or Brotherhood of Magneto. The Extraordinary X-Men is more like a team of X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    New Uncanny X-Men is either X-Force, or Brotherhood of Magneto. The Extraordinary X-Men is more like a team of X-Men.
    UXM = Sword and EXM = Shield.

X-Force = Fanto & Mystique for now.

Extraordinary Member

I only read an issue or two of EXM, but it felt more like the "Home Alone" of the X-Men. Like someone went to sleep wishing all the cooler mutants would disappear and woke up to find them gone and in over their head.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    How to summarize this article:
    "Old stories are better."
    The power of nostalgia... During Legacy Virus mutants were dying and no one cared, today we have information that at least some Avengers and some inhumans care and even help... terrible ...

Knives :

For many years... And for the most of this time X men was growing...
    And if you need to read about family You can always read nostalgia titles like stories about Rogue
    Let's be honest. They are less popular than main X men books. I wonder why?

alphabetic order?

If you believe that.

House of M and M day aimed to solve the prolema with the huge amount of mutants appearing around the world. But this has changed the dynamics of the X-mens and everything that was published after that perhaps with the exception of Bendis revolves around this topic even now with the Inhumans.

X- fans are loyal but you always have to attract new readers and with due respect to those who disagree believe Marvel has made little effort in the case of mutants.

BANNED

X Men 92? LOL. No..the Uncanny X-Men is the CLASS of the line. Not even close really.

BANNED

A team of X-Men that hides and works for the Inhumans? Yes..the EXtra team is the most X-Men team we've ever seen. It's like a mockery of a true X-Men team from the 90s but without the intrigue, soap opera, or good villains or storytelling. It's a joke.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Askani's Flame:
    But they said their reasons, Captain America said:
    "We're trying to keep it quiet. We must avoid fanning the flames of conflict"
    it looks stupid right know but i will wait for "death of x" before judging.
    I didn't know he said that, but here's my thing: No matter what happened in Death of X, why is Captain America or ANYONE ELSE being complicit in the unintentional genocide of a group of humans while another prospers and acts above reproach? Even if Cyclops did start a war with the Inhumans over the T-Mist situation, regardless of how it ended you still have innocent lives (who weren't part of the conflict) being decimated and cut short because you don't want to get involved/ step on the toes of the seemingly oppressive group? Nah, sounds like Red Skull is less of the problem than the Royal Family....

New Avengers had really cool family moment
    series with Rogue have family moments (UA vol 1 when she take powers of X men, AXIS Cyclops talk with X men who came to help, probably because Rogue steal Xavier powers but explanation? why bother .... well that was Remender) and even is UA vol 3 we had family scene with the mightest heroes after Captain Am. talk. they all felt like a family
    Cool, I'm glad the mutants that were pilfered from the X-Line get to have moments with their "family" who act complicit in their sickness and death of those they called "friends/family" over the years. Me? I'd rather see the seasoned X-Men act like a family or a semi-unified group rather than what we got.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    UXM = Sword and EXM = Shield.

X-Force = Fanto & Mystique for now.
    I can totally get behind those analogies.