Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Knives
    X- fans are loyal but you always have to attract new readers and with due respect to those who disagree believe Marvel has made little effort in the case of mutants.
    You're right. But still Marvel sold more and more copies each year. Terrible.
    They were using good strategy. It looks like they used this strategy too long (this year is weak)
    but there is a possibility that Death of X will be good for mutants

Should they make good books? That's stupid idea
    People talk about great or shocking things and they need advertisement.
    And You should remember that it is easier to create great stories if there is drama and good explanation later

Askani's Flame:
    I didn't know he said that, but here's my thing:
    Avengers 0 . That's where he said that.
    No matter what happened in Death of X, why is Captain America or ANYONE ELSE being complicit in the unintentional genocide of a group of humans while another prospers and acts above reproach? Even if Cyclops did start a war with the Inhumans over the T-Mist situation, regardless of how it ended you still have innocent lives (who weren't part of the conflict) being decimated and cut short because you don't want to get involved/ step on the toes of the seemingly oppressive group? Nah, sounds like Red Skull is less of the problem than the Royal Family....
    That's perfect then. They want You to be angry.
    Of course the story will be good when You will say something like that(after reading death of X):
    "Now i understand why they did this. that was logical"

I can give You few possibilities:
    - broken Avengers don't want to kill one nation to save other nation? Is this really ok?
    Avengers gave people and money to help mutants. They created safe heaven for them and they try to create cure. Terrible.
    Magneto strategy is as always better - kill them and hope that mist will magically disappear
    Sorry i forgot it wont help. No matter how many inhumans Youwill kill, the mist will be still in the air

Cool, I'm glad the mutants that were pilfered from the X-Line get to have moments with their "family" who act complicit in their sickness and death of those they called "friends/family" over the years. Me? I'd rather see the seasoned X-Men act like a family or a semi-unified group rather than what we got.
    That was mostly a joke.
    I can understand Your point.
    Last edited by Xelossik; 08-02-2016 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    EXM and UXM are fine,
    This. Despite all the magical fart clouds both books have been really good, imo. I think both Bunn and Lemire have done a great job making a not-so-wanted storyline interesting. I look forward to both books.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I don't think the books are terrible. They lack direction,focus and passion. I can honestly say i can't understand how the X-books can be so dull and bland with so much going on. Maybe it's the tired lazy dull rehashed extinction plots that have been going on for the past 10 years now.I look at this entire year as just a placeholder for the IvX event coming. While the rest of the Marvel U has been able to move past the 9 month gap. The X-men are basically still stuck in it.

We have had to sit back and be patient for a entire year before they reveal how the new status quo came about. I find it hard to care about any of the recent story arcs since it feels like i have walked into the middle of a movie.

The one thing that excites me is seeing more of the missing mutants and what happened to them, at this point it is why i read the books.Marvel stated that the best X-men stories have been with their backs against the wall. These stories have not been horrible but far from the best. I wish X-men 92 had a more serious tone story and art wise.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Based Stickler View Post
    I read some of this earlier and it's a big load of crap. A lot of comic fans seem to have a problem separating their perception from reality. I happen to like Uncanny but I understand that doesn't mean much to anyone. According just to Diamond's numbers though, all 3 X-titles average around a pretty solid 50K a month so they can't be THAT bad.
    Stop looking at numbers. They're pretty meaningless.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

MyriVerse:
    For Marvel? They are important for them

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    New Uncanny X-Men is either X-Force, or Brotherhood of Magneto. The Extraordinary X-Men is more like a team of X-Men.
    Honestly, Uncanny has more of the X-Men feel than Extraordinary does, except being more willing to kill (which X-Men really hasn't had a big deal with for ages). Extraordinary seems like a bunch of novices pretending to be X-Men. And Nightcrawler is just all sorts of horrible.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    MyriVerse:
    For Marvel? They are important for them
    But not for anyone else. And it's never, ever how you judge "terrible" or not.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

BANNED

Then don't buy them.
    They will change strategy when sales will go down.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

X-books sales only look good in the world of lowered expectations. There are fewer books with lower sales. The X-franchise is basically now higher middle tier in terms of sales. They're not blockbusters. Within the first year of a huge re-launch, they're in the mid-40's. Apocalypse War didn't provide a huge boost.

Avengers and inhuman books doing worse isn't a proof point that X-books are doing well.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I don't think the books are terrible.
    They lack direction,focus and passion.
    I can honestly say i can't understand how the X-books can be so dull and bland with so much going on.
    Maybe it's the tired lazy dull rehashed extinction plots that have been going on for the past 10 years now.
    I look at this entire year as just a placeholder for the IvX event coming.
    Er...that sounds terrible to me.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    X-books sales only look good in the world of lowered expectations. There are fewer books with lower sales. The X-franchise is basically now higher middle tier in terms of sales. They're not blockbusters. Within the first year of a huge re-launch, they're in the mid-40's. Apocalypse War didn't provide a huge boost.

Avengers and inhuman books doing worse isn't a proof point that X-books are doing well.
    Yep.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Totally missed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Of course the story will be good when You will say something like that(after reading death of X):
    Disappointed, not angry. I highly doubt I'll have that lightbulb moment, but if I do you will be the first to know

- broken Avengers don't want to kill one nation to save other nation? Is this really ok?
    Avengers gave people and money to help mutants. They created safe heaven for them and they try to create cure. Terrible.
    Magneto strategy is as always better - kill them and hope that mist will magically disappear
    Sorry i forgot it wont help. No matter how many inhumans Youwill kill, the mist will be still in the air
    I've never said/asked that the Inhumans be killed off. Didn't even imply that. It's just odd that somehow the world is complicit in this and not making and working with the Inhumans do more to solve this. It feels like they are almost blackmailing the world to back off from holding the Royal Family accountable lol.
    I don't read anything other than UA so I don't remember hearing or reading about money being spent to treat M-Pox, considering they had to sell off the Avengers mansion to stay afloat. We saw some of the mystical Avengers help with moving the mansion, but what other help are they providing other than the temporary sanctuary of Limbo?
    And you're right, killing the Inhumans does nothing to solve the issue of the cloud (again I'm not asking for their heads).

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    A team of X-Men that hides and works for the Inhumans? Yes..the EXtra team is the most X-Men team we've ever seen. It's like a mockery of a true X-Men team from the 90s but without the intrigue, soap opera, or good villains or storytelling. It's a joke.
    I may not like how the EXM team is being written most of the time anymore than you probably do, but the bold is kind of a reach. It comes off as if you're saying they're Medusa's lackeys when in truth the only reason they're working with(not for) the New Attilan is to help Mutants as best they can at the moment.

I mean

and you saw whose side the EXM were on in the IvX preview snap. . . .

So uh. . .put your X up please

And just hope that we soon get to see some Blackbolt teeth on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post

Actually, the X-men books are still ones of the best selling books; because half of the ANAD line is already in the 20k or less line.

Knives

You're right. But still Marvel sold more and more copies each year. Terrible.
    They were using good strategy. It looks like they used this strategy too long (this year is weak)
    but there is a possibility that Death of X will be good for mutants

Should they make good books? That's stupid idea
    People talk about great or shocking things and they need advertisement.
    And You should remember that it is easier to create great stories if there is drama and good explanation later

Askani's Flame:

That was mostly a joke.
    I can understand Your point.
    Do you have proof of that ?, or are you just making it up ?.

And like i said in other thread; if you are going down anyways, why not invoke "taking you with me"?.

BANNED

Askani's Flame:
    Disappointed, not angry. I highly doubt I'll have that lightbulb moment, but if I do you will be the first to know
    Well then they failed.
    I'll be waiting then. I have hope.
    I don't read anything other than UA so I don't remember hearing or reading about money being spent to treat M-Pox, considering they had to sell off the Avengers mansion to stay afloat. We saw some of the mystical Avengers help with moving the mansion, but what other help are they providing other than the temporary sanctuary of Limbo?
    They steal (sorry) rescued Terrigen sample from some bad guys who could use this terrigen to kill mutants.
    It is important because most of Terrigen was used to create bomb.
    This sample was used to create cure or at least they tried (plus they created shots for Rogue )
    cash - deadpool cash for medical equipment and cash needed by Tony and Beast to create cure
    Magicans helped with limbo

We saw some of the mystical Avengers help with moving the mansion, but what other help are they providing other than the temporary sanctuary of Limbo?
    Probably nothing. But for me it is still more than Storm and Magneto did.

dragonmp93:
    Avengers 0 and UA
    read this post about details about help
    also:
    help of magicans was in one of X men books I've read about it. I can look if You want.

I will read inhumans books but from what i know from inhuman forum plus net no one had ability to remove Terrigen Mist right now

Well this is made up by me. Of course i believe that he will have good plan.
    Last edited by Xelossik; 08-02-2016 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Honestly, Uncanny has more of the X-Men feel than Extraordinary does
    I do not feel anything from X-Men in Uncanny X-Men. Sabretooth, Magneto and Psylocke attack and threat. This X-Men? No.