Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    I do not feel anything from X-Men in Uncanny X-Men. Sabretooth, Magneto and Psylocke attack and threat. This X-Men? No.
    So true. UXM roster is not an xmen roster.

Mutant and Proud Uncanny Madman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    So true. UXM roster is not an xmen roster.
    Nor has it been for years as I've already stated. Namor, Danger, Emma, Science Club, Bendis rejects. Why is everyone giving those incredibly non-X-Men rosters a pass just because Psycho-clops was leading the team?

Archangel is an original X-Man. Psylocke is far more X-woman than Emma Frost ever was or ever will be. M is to Gen X what Magik is to the New Mutants these days. Magneto has been an X-Man for years - he's just not playing second fiddle to Scott anymore - and he and Sabretooth and Mystique are far more integral to the mutant story than most of the above mentioned characters.

The Uncanny team is more an X-Men team than it has been for years.
    Last edited by Uncanny Madman; 08-02-2016 at 06:53 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Stop looking at numbers. They're pretty meaningless.
    You're response is pretty meaningless. Maybe you missed the point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Good article. Spot-on in many aspects, particularly the hopelessness that marks the titles.

The main titles of the biggest guns at Marvel and DC rarely sell below a certain number due to loyal fans. You'll never see, say, Amazing Spider-Man selling 30k a month even if they put Chuck Austen in it.
    Just because someone's dumb enough to buy a comic solely because of the title doesn't mean they shouldn't count.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Lemire started his run by admitting he's not good on team books. He might be good on solos, but he himself admits he struggles with team books. Perhaps they should've started him out on with lower profile team where he could learn before handing him the X-book flagship.
    Maybe it's just not his bag. Sometimes you don't know until you try. Think Marvel was in a bit of a scramble after Remender suddenly bounced. Maybe Soule would've been the better fit with X-Men.

Ultimate Member

The Uncanny X-men team should be called Uncanny X-Force, as that's what they are in everything but name...Magneto has called himself an X-man for awhile now but like pretty much the rest of the time he makes up the meaning of that term as he goes along...

Way back in Avengers: Kree-Skrull War, all fictional americans hated the Kree and Inhumans. Now, humans are turning into inhumans but the inhuman opposition is not as big compared to mutant opposition. We need another Kree invasion or Kree-Skrull war to spark the alien hate.

All-New Member

I wish Marvel would come up with better storylines for the X-Men..elaborate more on what happened to Hope and the five lights, the students of Old Cyclops or whatever happened to Cable and X-Force..anything that would explain whatever happened to the previously known mutants.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Honestly I think once we get over this hurdle with the mist, the X-Men will return to some bright stories with mutants and Inhuman co-existing. Yo can't get rid of the X-Men because they sell. And you damn sure can't replace that with a B-Team like the Inhumans. They might as well profit off the potential comic sales the XMCU will give them by relaunching New Mutants, and X-Force along with EXM and UXM (if they don't cancel one and merge them together).

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I haven't bought an X-Men title since... Spurriers legacy, ended? Well bought all of Asmus Gambit solo but got bored of ANXF towards the end. It's not some grand boycott. It's just nothing currently in their catalog interests me. It's all fairly "meh".
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tog View Post
    I wish Marvel would come up with better storylines for the X-Men..elaborate more on what happened to Hope and the five lights, the students of Old Cyclops or whatever happened to Cable and X-Force..anything that would explain whatever happened to the previously known mutants.
    Cable is in Uncanny Avengers. Scratch that one off your list.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Based Stickler View Post
    We've already covered this. All 3 X-titles have solid sales. They're not going to drop a comic franchise that sells. The biggest difference the conspiracy theorists don't like to recognize is the Fantastic Four DIDN'T SELL. I wish I knew why this is so hard for some to understand. And it's all contrived. It's comic books. They're not documentaries.
    Let's put an end to this myth perpetuated by Marvel Drones once and for all: the FF sold better than half of Marvel's current publishing line.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Madman View Post
    Nor has it been for years as I've already stated. Namor, Danger, Emma, Science Club, Bendis rejects. Why is everyone giving those incredibly non-X-Men rosters a pass just because Psycho-clops was leading the team?

Archangel is an original X-Man. Psylocke is far more X-woman than Emma Frost ever was or ever will be. M is to Gen X what Magik is to the New Mutants these days. Magneto has been an X-Man for years - he's just not playing second fiddle to Scott anymore - and he and Sabretooth and Mystique are far more integral to the mutant story than most of the above mentioned characters.

The Uncanny team is more an X-Men team than it has been for years.
    The Science club were always just supporting characters not active teammembers, Namor was part of a package that included Storm, Colossus and Psylocke. Before Schism you had Kitty and Wolverine too. The Science Club heavy issues also had Beast. Emma is WAY more of an X-Men then Mystique, Sabretooth or Fantomex. I agree with you about the Bendis years but the Cyclops, Emma, Magneto, Magik lineup had been built up over multiple writers. Whereas we still have no idea what fresh new insanity has grabbed hold of Magneto that he places any amount of faith in Mystique and even M is kinda leftfield.
    Last edited by DurararaFTW; 08-03-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Have not read through the majority of this thread, so if I am repeating what others have said, my apologies...

I think the main issue with the X-Men books right now is restriction.

I believe Lemire, Bunn, & Hopeless were pretty much told where the X-men would be heading & for lack of a better phrase, told them to "keep the wheels spinning" until that time came to pass. So during this wheel spinning phase, there really has not been any progression or excitement in the line as a whole.

While some of the stories have been interesting at points, they have not really been all the memorable. It is like the X-Men are at a stand-still until "Death of X" is over & hopefully there is a new direction for the mutants after "Inhumans vs. X-Men".

Another issue is how repetitive the overall theme is.

It felt like only yesterday Wanda uttered "No More Mutants" and the X-Men found themselves at an all new low. However, that turned around during AVX when The Phoenix sparked more mutant births. But now we find ourselves back in the same situation with the terrigen mists killing & sterilizing the mutant population.

I mean, you can only be the under dog for so long before you are just considered a loser.

Overall, I think the X-Men as a whole needs a change of theme after "Inhumans vs. X-Men"

How about a few years where the X-Men are the most popular heroes who are saving a world who adores them? The X-Men who are more trusted than the Avengers & S.H.I.E.L.D? The X-Men, the go-to-team who saves the world from the biggest threats?

I want to see the X-Men being mobbed in public by overenthusiastic fans who want autographs & selfies! I want to see kids dressing up like their favorite X-men & going to X-Men themed shops & restaurants. I want to see fun! I want to see the X-Men in a positive light for once!

BANNED

Andru:
    You can always read something like All New Wolverine or Uncanny Avengers if You want positive light