Default What happened to Morgan Edge?

The last time we saw him was when Clark left the Daily Planet. He simply dissappeared after that, the Daily planet even went back to looking like the old one that got demolished in Superman #1. Anyone else think that kind of strange? Another missing person is Jonathon Carroll, he hasn't shown up in a while ether. Two people that changed Superman/Clark's actions are strangely absent now that he's gone, were they even real? Apart of some now abandoned plot against New52 Superman?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    The last time we saw him was when Clark left the Daily Planet. He simply dissappeared after that, the Daily planet even went back to looking like the old one that got demolished in Superman #1. Anyone else think that kind of strange? Another missing person is Jonathon Carroll, he hasn't shown up in a while ether. Two people that changed Superman/Clark's actions are strangely absent now that he's gone, were they even real? Apart of some now abandoned plot against New52 Superman?
    Honestly in the case of Edge,i think George Perez had plans for him, but he left and everyone sort of forgot. Same with Jon Carrol.

As for the Planet building,that stuck around until Superman Annual #1, because I remember that the artist in the issue drew the old Daily Planet and I remember pointing that fact out on the previous incarnation of this very forum. For the next while it seemed to go back and forth until eventually the old DP design won out and by then I didn't notice.

I don't think it's directly related to the current state of things though. It was just the usual phenomenon where over time,certain bits of continuity just fall into the cracks into limbo.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

The same as Shay Veritas ... They forgot this character ..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    The same as Shay Veritas ... They forgot this character ..
    agreed, as the new(old) status quo becomes more solid over timo, so do those characters become irrelevant to the mythos

i will even dare to say that only Nuperman fans kinda care about them (if they still care, that is). otherwise nobody else misses them, they are not classic so, whatever

Dropped plot points are always kinda irksome, but he got so little development that its really hard to care that much. Someone else can always bring him back later on to do something else. Shay's disappearance bothers me a whole lot more. She was probably the best new supporting character for Superman the New 52 created, and she just got dumped in the Zone never to be mentioned again. I hope at some point she comes back.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Geoff Johns kind of pushed all the supporting characters Lobdell had beefed up under the rug.

Edge, Cat Grant, Shay, Lois's boring boyfriend, etc. All got pushed away for nostalgia.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Edge, Cat Grant, Shay, Lois's boring boyfriend, etc. All got pushed away for nostalgia.
    Not sure I follow. Given they were introduced three to four decades ago, wouldn't Morgan Edge and Cat Grant--plus Steve Lombard--all qualify as nostalgia, too?