Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default 11 Marvel Villains More Dangerous Than Thanos

Thanos is a world-shattering threat in comics and soon on the big screen, but how tough is he really? These Marvel evildoers might be even worse.

Full article here.

Looks more like a popularity contest.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Thanos is a world-shattering threat in comics and soon on the big screen, but how tough is he really? These Marvel evildoers might be even worse.

Full article here.
    Green Goblin and Mystique more dangerous than Thanos? Seriously?

Sise-Neg, Abraxas, Dark Phoenix, The Other (Silver Surfer's foe), Magus, The Goddess (Adam Warlock's female side), Amatsu-Mikaboshi, the Death Celestials, Mad Jim Jasper, Entropy, Genis-vell while insane, the Nth Man (Joseph Lightner), are all up there with Thanos as existential threats... but none of the people in that list (besides Doom during Time Runs Out) has come close to do as much damage as Thanos. Dormammu is the one who is closer, but still comes up short.
    Last edited by Habis; 08-03-2016 at 02:36 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I wish Marvel Studios did have the rights to Doom. He has far more connections to the various characters like Doctor Strange, Tony Stark. He has faced just about everyone in the comics divisions at one time or another. It would make a fun story if both Thanos and Doom were going after the Infinity stones and the heroes were caught in the middle.

Niffleheim

Someone needs to try harder. I can see the potential of Doom, Kang and Ultron but too much of them kind of numbs the mind. I'm sure the same can be said about Thanos fortunately i haven't reached that stage

Its good list though I would have not put Doom or Goblin so high and kang and Ultron or way to low on it.

BANNED

I'm sorry, but...what?

All-New Member

Oh boy.
    What a load of tosh.
    Firstly, Thanos is in love with death, physically in love with death. Saying that he does not have personal stake in his motivations is a just wrong.
    Secondly even without the infinity gems Thanos has been shown to be able to battle Thor and the Thing simultaneously. He beat Warlock to death with two blows .
    Thirdly and lastly he is a villain first and foremost and thus of course he wont win. Remember in most of his appearances up to the Infinity Gauntlet he was trying to kill everything that lives so allowing him to win would make for a very short and depressing comic. For a most of the characters that you list if they win we'll still have conflict bar maybe Mephisto and even then he deals with a soul at a time. If Thanos gets his way, as Hickman would put it, "Everything dies". Can't go very far from there can you?

TLDR version...This is a stupid list.

Yeah, I can really see Mystique or the Goblin punching a hole through War Machine's chest.

Weak.

So how many of those characters can Marvel use in a film even if the list was 100% legitimate?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Sorry, but i think they wrote the wrong title for this on accident.
    Because there's no way this isn't just a "Top 11 list of Villains I like more than Thanos" that got mixed up.
    Everything Lives!

Ok, I'm going to play devil's advocate here. I loved the cinematic portrayal of Ultron, to me he was a newborn thrown without warning and was overwhelmed by the evil humanity had done over the years. And he wanted to fulfill his mission in the most radical way, like any kid or young person would, just like Vision said, he was in pain.

Now, he felt simpathy for Wanda and Pietro because he saw them as victim of what he wanted to get rid off, thus truly caring for them. I finished my rant, I'm not saying you all should agree with me, but this potrayal of Ultron isn't that bad that's all and is the inspiration I will take for my own Ultron in my Marvel project.
    Last edited by Uncle Yetibacca; 08-02-2016 at 03:42 PM.

Fantastic Member

Dracula was iffy, but plausible.

I didn't read this list past Mystique.
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Teek View Post
    Dracula was iffy, but plausible.

I didn't read this list past Mystique.

My thoughts exactly. How is Mystique even in the same league? I can't wait for Warrior Woman.
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-02-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Looks more like a popularity contest.
    ^ This. Exactly this.

Why didn't Apocalypse, Annihulus, Surtur, and Master Mold make the list?