Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Lobster Johnson: Metal Monsters of Midtown

Written by Mike Mignola and John Arcudi
    Art by Tonci Zonjic
    Colours by Dave Stewart
    Cover by Tonci Zonjic

On sale May 25, 2016

A trio of skyscraping robots crash into a Manhattan bank and leave Lobster Johnson with two mysteries to solve: what is behind the massive machines, and why would the robots pull a heist without taking a penny?

Spectacular Member

Awesome cover

Amazing Member

Great news! So is it three-issues arc or five - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ca7DoPvWAAAVmW4.jpg?

The Claw of Justice!

Oh, awesome! I can't wait! This is going to be amazing! What an awesome cover!
    Can you tell that I'm excited?

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by Shargor View Post
    Great news! So is it three-issues arc or five - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ca7DoPvWAAAVmW4.jpg?
    I think it's a three issue arc.

March and May ( ) . . . I just hope that means the one after those two isn't going to be like six months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Shargor View Post
    That's just a mock-up. It's three issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    March and May ( ) . . . I just hope that means the one after those two isn't going to be like six months later.
    Definitely in May.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Definitely in May.
    What I meant was that it's great we have an issue scheduled for March (The Forgotten Man) and now May (Metal Monsters of Midtown), but how long after May's issue will it be until the next Lobster Johnson release?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What I meant was that it's great we have an issue scheduled for March (The Forgotten Man) and now May (Metal Monsters of Midtown), but how long after May's issue will it be until the next Lobster Johnson release?
    I should not reply to forum posts when I'm half asleep 9_9

There's a Kevin Nowlan one-shot coming this year too, so hopefully it'll arrive before November for you.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    I should not reply to forum posts when I'm half asleep 9_9

There's a Kevin Nowlan one-shot coming this year too, so hopefully it'll arrive before November for you.
    I wonder how this will be organized for the trades. Will Metal Monsters of Midtown be put with an upcoming two-parter, and the one-shots will be put in their own trade?

I'm aware that I say this about every new cover, but I think the cover for this issue might be my favorite Lobster cover yet.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Man, this looks like the weird Lobster Johnson story I've been waiting for.

The Claw of Justice!

CbVEvqkXEAA1yUw.jpg-large.jpg
    This was posted on twitter today by Tonci Zonjic with the caption "i should write a one-shot where the lobster tries to make it through the night without his outfit getting destroyed".
    Y'know, he does go through a lot of goggles and jackets.

BANNED

I think I'll have to check this out. I'm sold on the title alone. I haven't gotten real deep into the Mignolaverse yet, I only got my feet wet with Abe Sapien.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I think I'll have to check this out. I'm sold on the title alone. I haven't gotten real deep into the Mignolaverse yet, I only got my feet wet with Abe Sapien.
    You won't regret it. Lobster Johnson is a fantastic series. Abe Sapien is good, but nothing beats Lobster Johnson.

The Claw of Justice!

On the Dark Horse website, John Arcudi is listed as the only writer for Metal Monsters of Midtown. That's interesting.