• an average comic book.

3 10.71%
  • a bad comic book.

2 7.14%
  • a terrible comic book.

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor-Comics View Post
    I am a classic MK fan moving back into his modern stories.

I feel a bit cheated right now. I'd like to have some sense of what's real, even if MK doesn't.
    I feel somewhat similar but for different reasons, I'm fine with the confusion of what's real and what isn't. It helps me connect with the character a little better. The reason I felt cheated was because that twist was so obvious. On the page before the reveal I just kept saying "Please don't be Khonshu" and bam there he was. 5 issue of buildup to what was suppose to be a huge twist, but a twist that only Moon Knight didn't see coming. It was a pretty disappointing ending to what had been a stellar first arc, it just didn't go anywhere interesting with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeBeherit View Post
    I feel somewhat similar but for different reasons, I'm fine with the confusion of what's real and what isn't. It helps me connect with the character a little better. The reason I felt cheated was because that twist was so obvious. On the page before the reveal I just kept saying "Please don't be Khonshu" and bam there he was. 5 issue of buildup to what was suppose to be a huge twist, but a twist that only Moon Knight didn't see coming. It was a pretty disappointing ending to what had been a stellar first arc, it just didn't go anywhere interesting with it.
    Yeah. I get what you mean. I wasn't expecting the twist because I had read Moon Knight vs. Seth fights before in series and was actually anticipating such a battle as it would have brought a lot of old issues home with it. So for me rather than being expected it was a drop off a cliff into something else.

One thought though. About getting to what's real. That really is what happened with each character in Moon Knights supporting cast for reasons I touched on. Like Marlene. Then there is Geena. The truth of her was she got swept up in the romance of heroics but always really knew she wanted to be with her boys and the dinner and maybe hear about it from Marc over breakfast once in a while.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Personally what I was hoping for, knowing the upcoming solicits, that instead of Konshu it was the Stephen Grant personality asserting itself over Marc, and that the 2nd arc would be half Stephen in the real world and Marc in his head trying to take back over.

I appreciated how Khonshu suddenly became the villain. For me, that was unexpected, especially considering how much of a source of strength he was throughout the preceding issues. But I do agree with sentiments in regards to payoff. I was hoping for a revealing and decisive conclusion and I think I only got part of that.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I appreciated how Khonshu suddenly became the villain. For me, that was unexpected, especially considering how much of a source of strength he was throughout the preceding issues. But I do agree with sentiments in regards to payoff. I was hoping for a revealing and decisive conclusion and I think I only got part of that.
    Hey Tien Long. Good to see you here another month. I was curious if they sell Moon Knight on comic book shelves in Hong Kong and if they are in English or translated?
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Mighty Member

Khonshu is always "secretly" the villain. It's to the point where it's to be expected, and it's not a revelation that's going to explore anything new. If this is the basis of Lemire's run, Marc denouncing Khonshu/Khonshu taking advantage of Marc (whether he be real or not), he has been done in literally every run since Huston's. I might...miiiight, be wrong about Vengeance of Moon Knight because I don't entirely remember if Moon Knight's brother was representing Khonshu, but Khonshu was doing his usual, "oh look, a replacement" thing so it hardly matters. The only thing that set these issues apart from anything that came before it was the execution, which is divisive as of the moment. It's not like Lemire can change this at this point either, this looks to be the major plotline, one that is well worn. Whatever comes of it, it's probably up to the next writer to finally see whether Marc is actually done with Khonshu or not, and usually the next writer just does the same thing as the last writer, and so the cycle of marc being the abused house wife to khonshu's supernatural backhand becomes and endless cycle.

I'm really beginning to think I don't have too many Moon Knight runs left in me. I'm beginning to feel like I've seen it all before, and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Hey Tien Long. Good to see you here another month. I was curious if they sell Moon Knight on comic book shelves in Hong Kong and if they are in English or translated?
    Ha, thanks for the question. I apologize for not changing my location, but I'm back in the U.S. and not in Hong Kong anymore. Additionally, I don't buy paper comics, but purchase them online on Comixology. That's how I was able to read them in Hong Kong and how I do so now.

That being said, I've heard of a number of different comic book stores in Hong Kong which sell Marvel and DC issues, all in English. (Indeed, being a former British colony, Hong Kong doesn't need translated copies of American comic books). I've heard said that these comic stores sell Marvel, DC, Image, and some other companies as well. Moon Knight might well be a title. In some of the more popular bookstores, like Page One, TPB's were sold. Though some of my students informed me that they were able to get a lot of American comics via torrents . One of my kids read all of AvX that way.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

I could be proved wrong, but I read this arc as a farewell to the characters that made the old MK who he was. This is a new Marvel, and it looks like they've only kept a skeleton cast. Didn't like it that much.

Quote Originally Posted by nose norton View Post
    I could be proved wrong, but I read this arc as a farewell to the characters that made the old MK who he was. This is a new Marvel, and it looks like they've only kept a skeleton cast. Didn't like it that much.
    I am waiting for them to redevelop a supporting cast and rogue gallery to get things going again as you need some variety to keep things interesting. You just can't fight voices in the head all day every day. It has me wondering about the second arc coming up.

I really enjoyed the arc, now throw in some superheroing in to the mix, and i will enjoy it even more.

The art is wonderful.

Showing an interesting spread I didn't expect on the poll and that's how many folks considered this a great comic book.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've been behind on my reads, just getting caught up and got to Moon Knight #5.
    A dream, Jeff, really the last 4.8 issues were a dream....none of it happened. Like a temporal loop in a Star Trek episode...nothing mattered.
    What are you driving at Mr.Lemire with that last page? I suddenly felt like this was some epilogue to the Bendis series where Marc is playing Hollywood Producer in that 12 issue run. Are you tying back to that? If so I can get behind that as Marc/Stephen set up in LA as a movie producer was about the only solid story angle Bendis came up with but never fully developed. But that leads me to this question, if and only IF, Marc/Stephen has been asleep this whole time since the Bendis run. Was all of the prior 18 issues ALSO a dream? Echo died in that Bendis run, unceremoniously and perhaps Marc has been dealing with that and the prior series + this arc are resolutions of him shunting Konoshu and ordering his own psyche so as to once again be able to be the man&hero as MK he's meant to be. Plus, Echo is back in the DD annual as I understand it and no explanation is given....she's just back, cause...reasons(Secret Wars/Battlworld would be my guess).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I finally got around to reading this issue because my LCS ordered it late.

I really wanted to like it, but I really didn't.

Everything that's happened thus far hinged on the conclusion of this issue and it just didn't deliver for me. It felt like much of it was for nothing. A lot of it didn't make sense and had no explanation and I feel regarding fiction in general, the "it was all a dream" angle is among the laziest ways to cop out of a decent conclusion. What was the point? I'm actually kind of angry. And now we have to endure movie producer Steven Grant, a concept borrowed from one of the worst runs on Moon Knight ever. I would've had faith in it if not for the lackluster conclusion of this arc. Not so much now.

Like I said, I really wanted to like this story arc as Moon Knight's one of my favourites, but I hated this ending. It made the previous issues less enjoyable looking back on it and left a LOT to be desired.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I think this title is going to make or break on what Lemire does with issue #6.
    Even then some may have decided to drop it and this series has 12 issues written all over it. I mean, it's Marvel, does anyone think issue #25 was happening??
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've been behind on my reads, just getting caught up and got to Moon Knight #5.
    A dream, Jeff, really the last 4.8 issues were a dream....none of it happened. Like a temporal loop in a Star Trek episode...nothing mattered.
    What are you driving at Mr.Lemire with that last page? I suddenly felt like this was some epilogue to the Bendis series where Marc is playing Hollywood Producer in that 12 issue run. Are you tying back to that? If so I can get behind that as Marc/Stephen set up in LA as a movie producer was about the only solid story angle Bendis came up with but never fully developed. But that leads me to this question, if and only IF, Marc/Stephen has been asleep this whole time since the Bendis run. Was all of the prior 18 issues ALSO a dream? Echo died in that Bendis run, unceremoniously and perhaps Marc has been dealing with that and the prior series + this arc are resolutions of him shunting Konoshu and ordering his own psyche so as to once again be able to be the man&hero as MK he's meant to be. Plus, Echo is back in the DD annual as I understand it and no explanation is given....she's just back, cause...reasons(Secret Wars/Battlworld would be my guess).
    With fan feelings lately, your conjuration of Bendis feels like some one went and called up the devil in that grave yard behind the church. I will write that I hope it wasn't just a dream, that this really mattered. Or the entire first arc was a waste in my mind. I don't want that to happen. Like another poster mentioned I am tired of seeing Marc slapped around by Khonshu like an abused house wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I think this title is going to make or break on what Lemire does with issue #6.
    Even then some may have decided to drop it and this series has 12 issues written all over it. I mean, it's Marvel, does anyone think issue #25 was happening??
    I sure want issue 100 to happen. Too many relaunches, renumbers, reboots by any pother name and no where near enough ongoing continuity for comic reading month to month to matter any more. Another big relaunch of the marvel line could kill me as a reader. I want to see my character grow and progress through hero life like in Invincible by Kirkman. It's nice when reading means something rather than being wiped away by the next sweeping event. Its like they want to sell #1 issues and then sweep the mess under a rug somewhere. No more.

Get it right Marvel. Not even a good writer can save a company from itself.