Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Default JLA & Super-Sons Delayed until 2017.

From BleedingCool.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/...ca-until-2017/

While I understand the reasoning behind the delays. Sad to know I'll have to wait till next year to read Super-Sons.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    From BleedingCool.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/...ca-until-2017/

While I understand the reasoning behind the delays. Sad to know I'll have to wait till next year to read Super-Sons.
    Well at least that's some news on those books, which is good to hear nonetheless. I'm a bit disappointed but I'm also glad that they are taking time with them instead of rushing to get them out before they are really ready to be.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Hopefully it's early 2017. If they're out by April then I'm okay with this. Or maybe they'll combine them with the Wave 2 books whenever those start coming out. The Rebirth books are popular enough to hold people's interest until then.

Who's writing Supersons?

That stinks on the delay for Supersons. I am looking forward to that book.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    That stinks on the delay for Supersons. I am looking forward to that book.
    I feel the same way.

At least, we know something now and 2016 is over halfway done.

The delay for Super Sons will benefit it more than anything. It never really made sense to publish it while at the same time Jon was still in the process of being established as Superboy in the Super books. Hell he hasn't even publicly debuted yet with the name. Get him established first.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I just hope that the JLA book gets an A-list creative team and is a separate group from Hitch's JL team. I'm hoping to see roster consisting of something along the lines of:

Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Atom
    Hawkman
    Zatanna
    Firestorm
    Vixen
    Dr. Light
    Black Lightning
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Spectacular Member ComicBookNoob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I just hope that the JLA book gets an A-list creative team and is a separate group from Hitch's JL team. I'm hoping to see roster consisting of something along the lines of:

Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Atom
    Hawkman
    Zatanna
    Firestorm
    Vixen
    Dr. Light
    Black Lightning
    I wouldn't mind these team, plus it'll be close to the heroes they have teaming up in the DC tv shows so it'd make sense from a promotional standpoint. I'd like to see Green Arrow take the leadership role, he's one of my favorite characters out right now with Rebirth and as part of him rebuilding himself after losing everything it'd be cool to see him want to step up as a leader.

I'm really upset with Supersons being on hold, but like Sacred Knight was saying, it'll help give more time to establish Jon as a hero. I mean his powers aren't even consistent yet, he doesn't always have invulnerability. I'm happy that they are doing super sons because Tim and Superboy was an amazing pair and friendship so it'll be really cool to see the same with Jon and Damian
    Check out my blog: http://comicbuffet.blogspot.com/

Favorite DC Heroes: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Green Arrow, The Ray
    Favorite Marvel Heroes: Daredevil, Spider-man, X-23, Iron Man, Iron Heart
    Currently Reading: Robin Vol 4, Iron Man, Teen Titans, Titans, Justice League of America Vol 5, Champions Vol 2, Invincible Iron Man Vol 3, Frank Miller's Daredevil

BANNED

Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Atom
    Hawkman
    Zatanna
    Firestorm
    Vixen
    Dr. Light
    Black Lightning
    I think Wally West needs to be on the JLA. He's a hugely important character right now but he only appears in 1 monthly book. 1 Wally appearance a month isn't enough.

A positive to delaying Super-Sons is that, yeah, it does give more time to establish Jon as a character and as Superboy as well as establishing Damian's new role in the DCU as a Teen Titan. Though, with the delay, I wonder if that also delays Jon and Damian meeting each other?

It would be nice to know a little more about what we can expect from JLA (roster, mission statement, creative team, etc.) other then that it's delayed .

Spectacular Member

Very happy to hear this news...let the teams work on them so there are no delays and nothing is rushed. Jon Kent & Justice League already have books I can enjoy for now.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Atom
    Hawkman
    Zatanna
    Firestorm
    Vixen
    Dr. Light
    Black Lightning

I agree I hope they make it a different team then the main Justice League book for the most part. Although I would be ok with one member being the same, maybe act as a liason between the 2 teams. Aquaman would make sense given he's trying to improve relations between Atlantis and the Surface World.

But yea I would love to see Vixen, Zantana, Firestorm & Atom on a team again.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

The art is pretty great on Super Sons promo so I hope we get a good 12 issues strait of it at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I think Wally West needs to be on the JLA. He's a hugely important character right now but he only appears in 1 monthly book. 1 Wally appearance a month isn't enough.
    I say put Wally West and John Stewart on the team. And about Wally, yeah, he's a key character in Rebirth, which he should be in more than one series. Vixen has always seemed to me to be a good team player in JLA. Green Arrow (cause he has a show), Dr. Light, Firestorm (Jason Rusch) are also good additions.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 08-04-2016 at 03:34 AM.