• Okay

35 20.11%
  • Not so good

33 18.97%
  • Terrible

22 12.64%
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Now that plenty of people have seen this, I have a plot question i'm confused about:

Why was Amanda Waller in Midway city? When we learn she's the person of interest in need of rescue, she compliments the Goons that Enchantress had created so was she in Midway city to see the weaponized Goons? Was that her interest to figure out how to make an army of Enchantress goons?
    I'm just thinking Waller was in Midway City when the Witch discovered her brother, and started making an army in the vicinity of Wallers building, so Waller was forced to ignite the SS to rescue her?

I definately have mixed feelings about the movie.

I liked the character, and I felt certain parts were a lot of fun.

But I also thought the plot was one big cluttered mess. This movie could have really been something special with proper direction and better writing. I guess you can say that about ANY mediocre movie... but I honestly thought they had something more from the trailers.

Overall I think this movie was a descent action flick and will make a lot of money. It's not a bomb. But I'm still waiting for this new era of DC films to knock it out of the part. This wasn't that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Although this wasn't quite as good as Ghostbusters, I liked most of it. The only part that irked me is that it's extremely schizophrenic about who the characters are. For most of the movie they are chilling, self-serving killers. Boomerang even gets to do the classic scene where he tricks Slipknot into getting decapitated just to confirm whether the explosives are a bluff. But then in the final battle they're spouting lines about friendship and family that would make Twilight Sparkle barf. Even Guardians of the Galaxy, which is literally a movie about "The Power of Friendship" didn't get that cloying. If that 180 is supposed to be character development it didn't feel earned. These people spent a couple of hours together and had one drink.
    So you are saying the ending was very Fant4stick with shoehorned things, even down to the energy thing in the sky?

BANNED

I really enjoyed it!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I thought it was a good action movie romp. A few times the editing seemed weird, but otherwise, a solid movie to watch. El Diablo and the effects for his power were fantastic, by the way.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

yeah a bunch of people in my theater were like "whoa!!!" when el diablo went fire-god mode. it was very impressive to see. his control over flames throughout the movie was down tight artistic.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    yeah a bunch of people in my theater were like "whoa!!!" when el diablo went fire-god mode. it was very impressive to see. his control over flames throughout the movie was down tight artistic.
    Agreed.

On top of that, Deadshots' scene of accuracy when he's being tested was also pretty wicked.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I will commend Ayer and DC for making Headshot cool and making me care about Rick Flagg. I never thought I'd give two shits about those characters
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I will commend Ayer and DC for making Headshot cool and making me care about Rick Flagg. I never thought I'd give two shits about those characters
    I liked the movie but u cared about flagg? Him and enchantress were the worst parts of the movie. The squad actors were great and they made Deadshot likable AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I liked the movie but u cared about flagg? Him and enchantress were the worst parts on the movie. The squad actors were great and they made Deadshot likable AF.
    really? i loved enchantress. her and her dancing hips were amazing. nice throwback to the ghostbusters OG in some ways.

and i like the dual struggle between june and enchantress. just wish june herself had gotten a little more time to shine.

Ultimate Member

I liked the movie but u cared about flagg? Him and enchantress were the worst parts of the movie. The squad actors were great and they made Deadshot likable AF.
    I wish the writers remembered that Flagg was one of the most bad ass members of the freakin' team. Here he was just a crossing guard, especially compared to Deadshot.

yeah I didn't care for the dude in Robocop but in Suicide Squad he was likable. He was kind of a straight laced soldier but had some personality and was fairly likable I could kind of relate to him outside of the romance part.

I liked Enchantress when she was in witch mode. When she was the normal human doctor I was indifferent because she got no development.

I enjoyed the way Flagg and Deadshot played off each other.

The biggest let down was Captain Boomerang. They could have done more with him. I know he was suppose to be funnier but the unicorn and some other stuff didn't do it for me. I got the sense they either cut a lot of his stuff or didn't give him much to being with.

Oddly this didn't hurt Killer Croc tho.

El Diablo or Katana either needed more development or less. They gave Katana enough to get me interested but not enough to satisfy me, so it felt a little tacked an added on. Her character was interesting enough to have a Headshot or Harley Quinn arc but because she wasn't given that she felt kind of tacked on.

I'm kind of indifferent on El Diablo, but him going all monster at the end was a big WTF. At least give me some hints or foreshadowing prior to that. I'm a nerd so I can go with things but come on.
    The J-man

Saw it Saturday - the theater seemed to enjoy it. The group I was with (adults and our kids) seemed to all enjoy it. I liked it. I didn't love it. If they could have done a couple of things better, in my opinion, it would have been to make us care about Flag more (and his relationship). Waller was just like "Oh I sent Flag to help her and just like I planned it, they fell in love, so now he'll do anything for her."

I would've liked a little more Joker.

They could've spent 10 or 15 minutes on more with Flag and Joker (give 'em each another 5 minutes or so) and cut out some of the march through the city to their objective, in my opinion. I got bored with that part of the movie, honestly.

I'd say the movie started off nicely...kept it going pretty well for a good chunk of it. Then it got a little bogged down/boring in - of all things - the action stuff that should have been exciting. Then it picked back up again a bit at the end....although like I said - spend an extra bit of time making me care about the people and then ending would've paid off more. I didn't particularly care if anyone died in the final battle, really, because I wasn't given the chance to get to know them all that much outside of Deadshot and Harley, and I guess Diablo. I didn't care about Boomerang or Katana or Croc, etc. They each had a cool or funny moment or two, sure, but it didn't make me care about them. Boomerangs best moments were comical. Croc was never a character I was interested in, really. Had a couple of funny moments, and it was cool to see him in action a bit, I suppose.

I did like that it featured both Batman and Joker (more JOker, of course) but didn't cram them down our throats either...it was cool to see them as very much supporting characters...cool to see that yes they exist, and yes all these people know who they are....but they weren't critical to the plot. What I came away with as far as those two was that I am more excited to see the history between them leading to the dejected Bruce Wayne at the beginning of BvS and the Robin suit with the "Haha Jokes on You" painted on it....I want to see their history and more importantly, where it leaves them TODAY, when they meet again. So far all the interaction between these two is all hinted at...but we have seen nothing....

All in all - I didn't love it. I didn't hate it. I liked it. I enjoyed a good bit of it. I also thought this was the first time I felt like a connected universe was happening...we haven't had many movies yet to build that, i know, but this one definitely did a good job of pulling in different pieces (Batman featured, Joker featured, Superman's funeral shown, Flash shows up, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    yeah I didn't care for the dude in Robocop but in Suicide Squad he was likable. He was kind of a straight laced soldier but had some personality and was fairly likable I could kind of relate to him outside of the romance part.

I liked Enchantress when she was in witch mode. When she was the normal human doctor I was indifferent because she got no development.

I enjoyed the way Flagg and Deadshot played off each other.

The biggest let down was Captain Boomerang. They could have done more with him. I know he was suppose to be funnier but the unicorn and some other stuff didn't do it for me. I got the sense they either cut a lot of his stuff or didn't give him much to being with.

Oddly this didn't hurt Killer Croc tho.

El Diablo or Katana either needed more development or less. They gave Katana enough to get me interested but not enough to satisfy me, so it felt a little tacked an added on. Her character was interesting enough to have a Headshot or Harley Quinn arc but because she wasn't given that she felt kind of tacked on.

I'm kind of indifferent on El Diablo, but him going all monster at the end was a big WTF. At least give me some hints or foreshadowing prior to that. I'm a nerd so I can go with things but come on.
    I kind of thought El Diablo was dropping hints along the way that there's more to him than meets the eye. He was too afraid of his power for it to have been something simple.

I do agree that Boomerang was a letdown. I got some laughs from him, but I was expecting him to do something cool with his boomerangs and nothing. I came out saying that as the guy who tangles with Flash I expected more, but with him just now discovering the Flash exists this can be his origin for how he gets to that point. He wants to become as dangerous with his weapon as Deadshot is with a gun or something like that.

Personally, I think the critics went overboard. This wasn't a perfect movie, there were plot holes and some over the top slo-mo that I'm sure some huge studio head insists the audiences need but I enjoyed it. So did most people in my theatre. Will Smith stole that movie tho. He, Waller and Harley were perfection. Waller's sh*t-eating grin was amazing. She owned that role. Diablo and Croc both surprised me with how much I cared for them. Katanna didn't get much to say, but the lines she got in told you who she was and what she was about so it was enough to want me to see more. In the sequel I'm hoping they expand on her and Rick's backstory, or even better have her meet Batman!

Watching Flagg I completely get why Tom Hardy would back out of this thing. No disrespect to anyone intended, but that role requires you to play second to Smith's character and I can see why he wouldn't want to do that. I do enough the Rick we got though, even if I'd have liked to see more of the badass they talked about.

Biggest complaint though: The Joker. I just didn't get it. I got no sense of menace from him, I didn't like the laugh. He was kind of just there. Maybe my expectations were too high or something but he was just so flat. And Harley was perfect so Joker being so off was a big let down. I went into this movie hoping that this Joker would carry over into the movie Batman movie, but now I just want a Deadshot/Batman rematch in the Affleck solo.

How many of your guys inadvertently laughed at Enchatress' inability to not dance as she's spouting menacing ****? God damn, my theater was dying because of how awkward it was. Lookin' like a Rio De Janeiro Carnival dancer and ****.
    Superhero shows are trash