Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The book is just delayed. Happens all the time. They maybe had a scheduling conflict, or a creative team change.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    So just to make sure I understand the OP, critical and fan praise, high sales, new characters that are widely accepted and taking time to creatively develop characters that are quickly becoming popular are all indications of failure? Man, I should fail like this. I'd be failing all the way to the bank. It's a shame some people are being so close-minded that they aren't giving these stories a chance. This is the best Superman has been in years. Some really fun and interesting storytelling is happening.
    It's really sad. I actually feel sorry for the OP. He's letting his irrational hatred over a relatively small aspect close himself off to some good comics. It's as bad as the people who were (and still likely are) refusing to read Superman comics because he doesn't have his trunks anymore. I absolutely disliked the initial Jim Lee design for the New 52 Superman costume,but that didn't stop me from buying and enjoying Grant Morrison's run and various Superman comics over the last 5 years. I didn't care for the Superman/Wonder Woman 'ship',but that didn't stop me from reading that title and appreciating the good parts of it when the book was genuinely well written. When it got to the point where the material didn't appeal to me anymore or made me upset. (TRUTH) I stated my displeasure rationally in a few posts, and quietly just dropped the books and did what most rational adults do in such a situation. I moved on. I didn't go on a 6 month long temper tantrum. I didn't gloat over the dipping sales and go out of my way to antagonize those who disagreed. I just didn't read or directly comment on the books I had no interest in and lived my life.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Threads like this confuse me. Before Rebirth, all you read on these boards was how terrible New 52 Superman was and how they needed to bring the REAL Superman back. So now they have gotten rid of New 52 Superman and brought the prior one back, and now all you hear about on here is how he is a "fake" Superman and how much people want the "real" (previously hated New 52) Superman back. WTF?!?

That opening post is just... ugh, so sour.

As long as Jorge Jimenez is still doing the art when Super Sons finally comes out, then I will be happy.

My hope is that DC just wanted to give him more time to get more pages in the can.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    It's really sad. I actually feel sorry for the OP. He's letting his irrational hatred over a relatively small aspect close himself off to some good comics. It's as bad as the people who were (and still likely are) refusing to read Superman comics because he doesn't have his trunks anymore. I absolutely disliked the initial Jim Lee design for the New 52 Superman costume,but that didn't stop me from buying and enjoying Grant Morrison's run and various Superman comics over the last 5 years. I didn't care for the Superman/Wonder Woman 'ship',but that didn't stop me from reading that title and appreciating the good parts of it when the book was genuinely well written. When it got to the point where the material didn't appeal to me anymore or made me upset. (TRUTH) I stated my displeasure rationally in a few posts, and quietly just dropped the books and did what most rational adults do in such a situation. I moved on. I didn't go on a 6 month long temper tantrum. I didn't gloat over the dipping sales and go out of my way to antagonize those who disagreed. I just didn't read or directly comment on the books I had no interest in and lived my life.
    I agree. I freely admit that I was not happy about the New 52 and the reboot to Superman. Though I decided to give New 52 Superman a shot and I'm glad I did. There were things I didn't like about it, like the WW ship or look of the new suit. Though I'm glad I gave it a chance as there are some good stories in there. Morrison's origin is one example. I would have missed out on that if I hadn't given the relaunch a fair shot. I enjoyed reading Superman both before and after the New 52 started. People are always complaining about getting the same old thing over and over again. Now we have some new ideas in the books and some really good storytelling and some people are still complaining. We have Superman as a father, a new take on the outsider concept, a Superboy with a direct legacy that come from Superman, Lex trying to be Superman and it's all fun. Yet I constantly have to read about how Superman comics are just retreading old ground now that the New 52 Superman is gone. He's a harsh truth, New 52 Superman was just a rehash too. We got a retelling of his origin, a reversion to Pre-Crisis Kents being dead, the first time he met X,Y and Z villains and so on. There are some new ideas in there, but New 52 Superman was simply more of the same old Superman we've had for decades. That's ok. It's one of the reasons I like the guy, he's still Superman. There is a lot to be said for that. Really though, read the books and decide if you like them, not the other way around. If you give them a fair shot and don't like them, cool. You gave it an honest chance. If you do like them, enjoy them. Routing for one version to fail and constantly ranting about it is juvenile though. This new direction for Superman didn't ruin the character or disrespect what came before it.

Like you, if I loose interest in a book I just stop reading it. I don't bash other people for enjoying it or hope it fails. Plenty of other things to read. This is entertainment after all. It's supposed to be fun.

Kal-L (Earth-Two) of DC WIKI:

SupermanKalL.jpg

As long as men thrill to daring deeds...as long as they dream of high adventure and the throwing-off of the shackles of mortal limitations...the original Superman who burst upon a startled world in 1938 will live. And that, hopefully, will be a very long time indeed.
    -- Encyclopedia Galactica, 30th Century Edition src

The worst of superdad is that, the opinions of this fans... the original, the true, the real superman, back
    ... is impossible hold this if you're a fan of N52 Superman, is appalling hear this, after this character has deleted your superman.....However ... even those people wrong. Only exist one ORIGINAL superman... The man of this description...

Poor man, his wife dies, he has no sons..
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-04-2016 at 08:02 AM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

There is a difference between "delayed until 2017" and "cancelled". Nothing in that announcement indicates the book is cancelled at all. I believe you are seeing only what you want to see here because of your professed hatred for Jon and family. I find that sad and your rants are only making you look like a child having a tantrum because a favorite toy was taken away. I sympathise with you because I've felt the same in the past about certain characters but with every post you make that becomes more difficult to do and it reflects badly on the other N52 Superman fans as well. I'm sure that's not your intent but there it is. Give it a rest. Find something else to enjoy for now until the Superman books are more to your liking again. That's really all anyone can do.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-04-2016 at 10:28 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Look I as well as many other understand what the OP is going through. I'm a big Nuperman fan. The whole situation has left me really bitter so I dropped the Super titles altogether. I thought I could continue with the new rebirth titles and tried some, but I just couldn't deal with it. I suggest you do the same if you haven't already. You only make you and the rest of us Nuperman fans seem blind, stubborn, and petulant. What are you trying to achieve here? You're angry. I am too. You conveyed your frustration. Fine. But to continue going on this path is pointless. People will continue reading, ignore you, life goes on. There are better things to do than this. Why not be productive? Check out some other titles. Create some stories of your own or some art. You can share that with some us here. Just let it go man.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Super sons hasn't been canceled, people actually like Jon, and as said on the last page, stop acting like a spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum, it doesn't do you anything good.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I do have opinions on posts I read but I don't see why anyone has to make an insulting remark.

This book has pretty solid hype and in general the line is about as steady as it gets. Sorry Crab.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Kal-L (Earth-Two) of DC WIKI:

SupermanKalL.jpg

As long as men thrill to daring deeds...as long as they dream of high adventure and the throwing-off of the shackles of mortal limitations...the original Superman who burst upon a startled world in 1938 will live. And that, hopefully, will be a very long time indeed.
    -- Encyclopedia Galactica, 30th Century Edition src

The worst of superdad is that, the opinions of this fans... the original, the true, the real superman, back
    ... is impossible hold this if you're a fan of N52 Superman, is appalling hear this, after this character has deleted your superman.....However ... even those people wrong. Only exist one ORIGINAL superman... The man of this description...

Poor man, his wife dies, he has no sons..
    I so want to see this Superman back in the JSA. Anybody fancy my chances? Me either, but I continue to hope

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    I so want to see this Superman back in the JSA. Anybody fancy my chances? Me either, but I continue to hope
    He appears in convergence.... But,we have the original character in convergence.. and DC not use him for stop the first crisis(something that erase his world) and the antimonitor?
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-04-2016 at 11:52 AM.

Get over it. New 52 Superman is dead and he is not coming back.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

That thread title is just plain trolling. C'mon SuperCrab, I used to like your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    SuperSons has been cancelled for 2016! They now say they plan to do it in 2017, but 2017 is a long time away. A lot can change. This may be the first brick in the wall of bringing down SuperDad and his annoying SuperSon. They've basically cancelled or delayed a book before it's begun that was supposed to be a tentpole for them.

How long till we get new52 Superman back in place on one of the two main Superman books? Action Comics' sales are starting to take a tumble...

Dan Jurgens was just recently crowing on Twitter that "Everybody loves Jon". Guess not.

Think they'll let Dan keep Action Comics when they hand it back over to new52 Superman?

Who should they get to right the real new52 universe Superman's new adventures? Any hot free agents out there in the comic book world who'd like to write the Man of Steel?

I'm not so confident that this'll happen that I am going to start picking up books in anticipation. In fact, a while back, I dropped the one SuperDad book I was buying issue by issue to give it a chance, because I don't like SuperDad, I don't like SuperJon, and I never will.

I will not be buying another Superman book until the real Superman returns or they reboot to a third entirely new Superman with no SuperSon....

So, probably Octoberish.

I'm in an optimistic mood tonight.
    Is this meant to be taken seriously? I griped a bit when Superman was replaced with the New 52 version, but I didn't deny reality. I gave the books a chance and dropped both when they didn't suit me. I didn't pretend they were failing when they weren't.