Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member

You're insane... This thread is insane....

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    I understand your point, and people who are paying close attention may notice that I'm starting to post less and less here, and drifting away for days at a time. Eventually, I may not be here at all- like you said. And while I was willing to give the Rebirth Action Comics book a chance issue by issue for the first 2-3 issues just to make sure, that chance is over and I did not buy the last issue. I mean, to some degree, yeah, I'm not going to spend the next decade here wasting my time with what the idiots at DC Comics are trying to pass off as Superman if they still with SuperDad and SuperJon- I'll find other things to do with my time. I'm already finding other things to do with my money.

However, for people to just tell me to go away like the second I stop enjoying what DC Comics is doing, I don't have a right to come here and state my opinion about Superman, who's comics I used to love, is to me wrong. Dissenters shouldn't just have to clear out so everyone can talk about how adorable they think Jon is and how SuperDad should win father of the year and how happy they are that the real Superman is dead. This isn't Soviet Russia where people with dissenting views are supposed to be purged at all costs. I can stay and have my say for as long as I want to. Eventually, I probably won't want to. But right now this still ticks me off. And I still have things to say about it from time to time.

And the more people trash me, the more I want to take a Superboy-Prime kind of attitude with it.

If people were nicer about it, I'd probably be more diplomatic.
    As my mother, God rest her soul, would say: It's not what you say but how you say it. No one here is saying you should leave or that you don't have a right to your opinion but other people should be given the same courtesy for their opinions as you are expecting to get for yours. As someone said already it works both ways. Belittling people who happen to like this direction and worse belittling those who actually liked N52 Superman but who also are enjoying the current direction is just making you come off as a jerk. Sorry if that offends you but I call 'em like I see 'em.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    You're insane... This thread is insane....

Well this is the internet afterall. XD

But yea, this thread is pretty crazy & pointless.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

I love Super Dad and Super Mom and there son.

I'm pretty much at the acceptance stage myself. Is there still some bitterness? Of course. But I'm at least at a place where I can read a story if at the very least is written decent (which, sorry, right now is only Superman). I'm sorry for the opportunities lost and botched, but I can only be disappointed and a stick in the mud for so long. Too exhausting. I'll never love it, not until the next round of massive status quo changes at least, but I can check out what reads well now if the spirit moves me. Nothing is must-buy anymore, but I think that's a good enough place to be in.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member BeefBourguignon's Avatar

Curiously this subforum is like a safe haven for New 52 Superman fans. Other places I visit pro-New 52 fans are substantial minority. So I think one would have to work extra hard to alienate fellow fans here to this extent. This should tell you something about your behaviors, Super Crab.

Whoops, misread, irrelevant!
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-06-2016 at 08:47 PM. Reason: oops
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

With regards to Super-Sons being delayed...

If you read between the lines of some things that have been said around the industry...? This one was getting special attention from editorial just before the Rebirth announcement and the pushback of the launch was decided on, from what I gather based on limited info, back in May just before Wondercon. (You've heard about creators being pulled from books while en route to Wondercon? I THINK this is one of those books.)

The pushback seems to be in some part because Rebirth's response in the Superman books has been stronger than expected, which has led to Super-Sons being retooled for a splashier launch later. It really sucks for the original creative teams.

I've worked with Dennis Culver before (briefly; he did a cover for my comic). The man is a genius; just read Edison Rex or Secret Wars: E is For Extinction. I love his work as a reader. It's a shame that he doesn't appear to be on Super-Sons anymore. I think what happened was that this book clearly became the domain of higher profile talent once the potential became apparent.

I hope somebody at DC has Culver's number on speed dial. He really should be on one of the Young Animal books. My gut says he'd be a natural on a weirder and more optimistic Animal Man revival, more in the vein of the early Morrison issues.

Again, a haphazard bunch of ill-informed guesses.

BANNED

I also dont understand why the op is fixated on New-52 Superman, why not just ask for a Superman book without the wife and the son? it's this clinging on to some specific version that annoys the hell out to me. Yes Post Crisis Superman fan are also guilty of this, DC should attempt to reconcile the different versions and eras' of Superman like the Bat office has done with Batman. Everything should count as far as I'm concerned.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    With regards to Super-Sons being delayed...

If you read between the lines of some things that have been said around the industry...? This one was getting special attention from editorial just before the Rebirth announcement and the pushback of the launch was decided on, from what I gather based on limited info, back in May just before Wondercon. (You've heard about creators being pulled from books while en route to Wondercon? I THINK this is one of those books.)

The pushback seems to be in some part because Rebirth's response in the Superman books has been stronger than expected, which has led to Super-Sons being retooled for a splashier launch later. It really sucks for the original creative teams.

I've worked with Dennis Culver before (briefly; he did a cover for my comic). The man is a genius; just read Edison Rex or Secret Wars: E is For Extinction. I love his work as a reader. It's a shame that he doesn't appear to be on Super-Sons anymore. I think what happened was that this book clearly became the domain of higher profile talent once the potential became apparent.

I hope somebody at DC has Culver's number on speed dial. He really should be on one of the Young Animal books. My gut says he'd be a natural on a weirder and more optimistic Animal Man revival, more in the vein of the early Morrison issues.

Again, a haphazard bunch of ill-informed guesses.
    I think you might be spot on about the books rise in status and Culver's departure because of it. It's really a shame because Edison Rex is one of the comics I look forward to. If I'm not mistaken Chris Roberson made the base for that book and Culver does the writing and art, correct? I hope Culver finds his way onto a Superman book at some point as a writer, because he seems to do well in that environment. Let him inject some much needed weird into the Superman world.

But this does make me wonder who they'll be getting to kick off Super Sons with the big bang they seem to now want? My mind instantly goes to Johnathan Hickman. Long shot I imagine. He's got this new independent book coming out, and he said he was taking a break from capes for a bit. But his Fantastic Four and FF run make him probably one of the best guys out there to do a book like this. Just look at the way he writes the charming Franklin and the cunning Val. In fact all of the kids in those books are a joy, and never come off as annoying. Hell if I'm honest Hickman should be writing one of the main books. Now more than ever his FF work is relevant to Superman. Also Sun-god.

But honestly, I can't think of anyone who is both high profile AND well suited to the task. Can you?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I think you might be spot on about the books rise in status and Culver's departure because of it. It's really a shame because Edison Rex is one of the comics I look forward to. If I'm not mistaken Chris Roberson made the base for that book and Culver does the writing and art, correct? I hope Culver finds his way onto a Superman book at some point as a writer, because he seems to do well in that environment. Let him inject some much needed weird into the Superman world.

But this does make me wonder who they'll be getting to kick off Super Sons with the big bang they seem to now want? My mind instantly goes to Johnathan Hickman. Long shot I imagine. He's got this new independent book coming out, and he said he was taking a break from capes for a bit. But his Fantastic Four and FF run make him probably one of the best guys out there to do a book like this. Just look at the way he writes the charming Franklin and the cunning Val. In fact all of the kids in those books are a joy, and never come off as annoying. Hell if I'm honest Hickman should be writing one of the main books. Now more than ever his FF work is relevant to Superman. Also Sun-god.

But honestly, I can't think of anyone who is both high profile AND well suited to the task. Can you?
    I can't think of anyone and he at least was rumored to have something to do with Rebirth via a message he posted on twitter. Thus far we've yet to see his name attached to any Rebirth title. I think it's a plausible guess anyway.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by BeefBourguignon View Post
    Curiously this subforum is like a safe haven for New 52 Superman fans. Other places I visit pro-New 52 fans are substantial minority. So I think one would have to work extra hard to alienate fellow fans here to this extent. This should tell you something about your behaviors, Super Crab.
    Supercrab try to accept this time ago:

http://community.comicbookresources....-and-if-so-How

One attempt to alienate fans and the things has gotten worse.. Everything was better when superdad appeared and superman was here... It seemed RIDICULOUS think that this could happen... Now one eliminate the other.

Anyway .. I understand that this thread should be closed.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-07-2016 at 06:45 AM.

Incredible Member

Since I think "The Plan" is to ultimately merge both Supes into " The Same Guy" this thread and others like it seem especially pointless. Everybody ends up getting their ten years or so back, with Nu52 essentially becoming an augmented Pre52 (Or if you prefer, it's the other way around... Timey-Wimey and all that). In other words plenty of time for Superman and WW to have been a thing, T-shirt and jeans Superboy, erm Man, the Kents living (and dying ) of old age and finally date, marry and have a kid by Lois. Why not have it all?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Since I think "The Plan" is to ultimately merge both Supes into " The Same Guy" this thread and others like it seem especially pointless. Everybody ends up getting their ten years or so back, with Nu52 essentially becoming an augmented Pre52 (Or if you prefer, it's the other way around... Timey-Wimey and all that). In other words plenty of time for Superman and WW to have been a thing, T-shirt and jeans Superboy, erm Man, the Kents living (and dying ) of old age and finally date, marry and have a kid by Lois. Why not have it all?
    That's where they are going. I am almost willing to bet money on it.

I do think eventually an Adventures of Superman type anthology book that's free of the family angle (and mostly non continuity dependant) has a place. Just let the current status quo find its footing first.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I hope and pray if Jonathan Hickman has plans for D C Comics in his future it
    is for a giant over haul and up dating of Legion Of Super Heroes.