Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Leto Joker

I thought Leto was good, interesting to see he kind of talked like Heath Ledger, but I didn't like how he appeared so little in the movie.
    I also wasn't really satisfied with how the movie portrayed Harley and Joker's relationship. In the cartoon series, Harley genuinely loved Joker, but Mr. J, not so much, he constantly abused her, hit her and mainly used her for his own gains, he just sometimes pretended to love her so that she can easily follow his orders.
    The reason why that relationship worked was because of how toxic it is. Very appropriate for 2 very unstable people, with Joker being much more mentally ill and cruel.
    Still, from the brief time I saw the Joker in the movie, he was alright, but I'll need to see more to have a true final verdict.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

He was distinctly passable. The trailers and Leto's behavior led me to expect something almost breath-takingly insufferable, but he was a perfectly competent Diet Heath Ledger, mixed with a little of Brian Azzarello's tepid take on the character. I could believe Affleck might be able to draw something truly worthwhile out of him in the Batman solo movie.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

I liked him. I think he had an interesting take on the Joker and was very invested, he just needed more screen time and over the top moments. He felt like the kind of psychopath who could just explode with rage at any moment, he should have had a moment like that in the film. I'm definitely interested to see more of him in the extended cut, especially his relationship with Harley.