Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Default Udon Gen vs Mercenary Tao

They both wear qipaos. They both make extensive use of pressure-points. They both have feats of blitzing and defeating some of the most powerful people in their franchise (Akuma and Goku), who later came back for rematches and won.

And since there will be doubters, here's why I think Gen has what it takes to make this an actual fight:

-No-selling a hit from Akuma
    -Ryu's Shoryuken does no visible damage
    -Taking down a superhuman with pressure points
    -Demolishing a small building with two fingers
    -Blitzing someone who was about to shoot him in the back
    -Last but far from least, blitzing Akuma
    (For reference, Akuma is fast enough to blitz Ryu and Ken, and the superhuman Seth.)

So, fellow Rumblers, I ask you - does Udon Comics' version of Gen have what it takes to defeat the infamous Tao? Or will he be just another person Tao doesn't have to fight twice?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Tao, since he killed a superhuman with his tongue and moves at high-hypersonic speeds. Gen would be a statue to him and would be paste with one tongue jab.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Gen is one of my SF characters, but he has no chance against Tao. He effortlessly thrashed Goku and ignored his KMHMH without taking any damage.

Also, Dodonpa>Zanei

I guess I fell victim to (ironically) DBZ-style power scaling. Chun Li dodges bullets and leaves afterimages; Ryu's faster than her, Akuma's faster than Ryu, Gen's faster than Akuma. Still not fast enough, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    I guess I fell victim to (ironically) DBZ-style power scaling. Chun Li dodges bullets and leaves afterimages; Ryu's faster than her, Akuma's faster than Ryu, Gen's faster than Akuma. Still not fast enough, it seems.
    Pretty sure Tao is the dude who hurls pillars as a means of transportation. Like, from one city to the next or something.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Pretty sure Tao is the dude who hurls pillars as a means of transportation. Like, from one city to the next or something.
    Yeah, that's him. I even re-watched his fights with Goku before posting this; Upa saw them moving as blurs, but still saw them moving. Since Gen blitzed a guy who treated bullet-timers like jokes, I thought maybe the speed would be close enough for it not to be a curbstomp.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Yeah, Tao easily beats down a Goku who traded blows with Roshi, a man who casually grabbed every bullet fired from a machine gun at close range like it was nothing. I think at that point, speed in DB was already heading to a ridiculous point.