Super Moderator

Default "Arrow" EP Talks New Vigilantes, Olicity & How Flashpoint Affects Season 5

Executive producer Wendy Mericle explains how the Russian mob, Mayor Queen, and the effects of "The Flash's" Flashpoint will unfold in Star City.

Full article here.

The Bertinelli's are going to be making a resurgence? I wonder if that's going to lead to Huntress coming back?

Pretty hard to see the chemistry between the two the way you kept writing the romance drama and anguish involved in their relationship .

Fantastic Member

I really hope that they don't go back to the heavy use of Flashbacks like they had in Season 1. That season has got to be the WORST season of all the DC shows combined! I made it through 4 episodes before I gave in the towel until halfway through season 5 when I went back and watched the prior seasons on Netflix. Season one still sucked even after having watched the whole season.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Death to Olicity, it soured me on a character I loved. Kill it, no shipping this season.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRain666 View Post
    I really hope that they don't go back to the heavy use of Flashbacks like they had in Season 1. That season has got to be the WORST season of all the DC shows combined! I made it through 4 episodes before I gave in the towel until halfway through season 5 when I went back and watched the prior seasons on Netflix. Season one still sucked even after having watched the whole season.
    Couldn't disagree more. I think Season 1 was, overall, the strongest season of the show so far. I still think they veered too quickly and suddenly away from the darker tone it set. The S1 flashbacks started out slowly, but picked up when Slade and Shado were introduced. And the flashbacks were easily the best part of Season 2. Since then, though, they've been pretty uniformly a waste of time.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

second half of season one the show found its footing. Season 2 was exceptional and a height the show has not reached or come close to reaching since.

I like to be optimistic at the start of a season, but this show has me so beaten down that I can't be. I just hope there are limited episodes with Oliver hung up on Felicity. I know the CW needs there drama and angst so those episodes are coming I just hope the episode count on those is low.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

OH MY GOD!!!!! WILD DOG!!!! FUCK! YES!

I was truly going to give up any hope of Arrow ever being any good again, but I am loving this news.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. I think Season 1 was, overall, the strongest season of the show so far. I still think they veered too quickly and suddenly away from the darker tone it set. The S1 flashbacks started out slowly, but picked up when Slade and Shado were introduced. And the flashbacks were easily the best part of Season 2. Since then, though, they've been pretty uniformly a waste of time.
    Exactly what I was about to say.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vericc View Post
    Exactly what I was about to say.
    lol..that's fine. There's a lot of people that think that season one was the best...that's fine I don't have a problem with that at all. However it doesn't change my thought. Season 1 sucked. a flashback here and there, fine, but it got to be over kill and just put me to sleep. On the other hand, I have enjoyed seeing the other parts of the DCU play out on the show and in the Arrowverse in general.

Amazing Member

End Olicity and get back on track. The show has paled and if they really want to get it back to what it once was they need to start with Felicity. If they want a strong character then making her a soppy love interest is not helping.

End Olicity and get back on track. The show has paled and if they really want to get it back to what it once was they need to start with Felicity. If they want a strong character then making her a soppy love interest is not helping.
    You know they wont give up their addiction on Felicity/Olicity, there is no hope for this show.

Better to focus our energies on those that still want to be superhero shows: The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl.