Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Ozymandias sure likes his expositional dialogue, even when it isn't needed at all.

Its entered the realm of annoying now. Have him do something or stop showing him till you're ready to. He just says a variation of the same thing over and over.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The writing is painful AND it features Doomsday. Can't get worse than this.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-05-2016 at 09:20 PM.

A Podcast interview about Superwoman:

https://twitter.com/Philjimeneznyc/s...40533906976768

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    A Podcast interview about Superwoman:

https://twitter.com/Philjimeneznyc/s...40533906976768
    Nice find. This should probably be it's own thread, though, so more people can see.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Nice find. This should probably be it's own thread, though, so more people can see.
    Yeah, but... this topic speak about one cameo of this character.... and is more easy that found his topic..

It occurred to me that in some ways we're seeing what we should have seen with the original Doomsday fight, and that is when a major threat arrives, the most powerful heroes get called out to deal with it. Not Ice, Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner and Maxima, with Superman as the only real competent powerhouse on that team, but characters like Wonder Woman or now Superwoman. If Superman had better backup the first time, he could have lived through the fight (and I know the whole point of the story was the drama of killing him and the results, so in theory.) So yeah, interested to see how this round of Superman vs. Doomsday goes now that he's got much stronger help with the fight, assuming Superwoman does join it.
    Last edited by andersonh1; 08-08-2016 at 06:30 PM.

To be fair though Maxima was a powerhouse. She was the only one of the JL B-squad that wasn't taken down nearly instantaneously. She was in the mix for quite some time.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

About the whole backup thing: Martian Manhuter and Orion once took on Doomsday and failed, and both are Superman-level.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    To be fair though Maxima was a powerhouse. She was the only one of the JL B-squad that wasn't taken down nearly instantaneously. She was in the mix for quite some time.
    And Guy was powerful too. And Ice is just badly-used - freezing things is a more powerful power than some think, and her modern showings are quite good, especially considering that most people remember is a goddess nowdays.

There's a theory in the Superman from 86 to 99 tumblr that Maxima and Superman could have taken Doomsday out - but Maxima started doing dumb stuff because Superman was there, by herself she was doing quite well.

Poor Blue Beetle got it the worst. When reading it the first time as a kid I had no idea who these other characters were so from what happened simply assumed that Ted was murdered, lol.

BANNED

The art was good...yeah.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    It occurred to me that in some ways we're seeing what we should have seen with the original Doomsday fight, and that is when a major threat arrives, the most powerful heroes get called out to deal with it. Not Ice, Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner and Maxima, with Superman as the only real competent powerhouse on that team, but characters like Wonder Woman or now Superwoman. If Superman had better backup the first time, he could have lived through the fight (and I know the whole point of the story was the drama of killing him and the results, so in theory.) So yeah, interested to see how this round of Superman vs. Doomsday goes now that he's got much stronger help with the fight, assuming Superwoman does join it.
    I've never actually looked into it, but it's always bugged me-- What were the reasons (both in real life and in the context of the universe) for keeping the rest of the A-Lister's out of that fight exactly?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    I've never actually looked into it, but it's always bugged me-- What were the reasons (both in real life and in the context of the universe) for keeping the rest of the A-Lister's out of that fight exactly?
    Part of it was, if memory serves (keeping in mind that books published in the same month are not contemporaneous), that:

Hal was in space
    Diana was, well, working a job in fast food
    Bruce was dealing with Bane's release of all the Arkham Inmates
    Wally was dealing with what he believed to be the return of Barry Allen
    Martian Manhunter WAS present; he was Bloodwynd

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    Part of it was, if memory serves (keeping in mind that books published in the same month are not contemporaneous), that:

Hal was in space
    Diana was, well, working a job in fast food
    Bruce was dealing with Bane's release of all the Arkham Inmates
    Wally was dealing with what he believed to be the return of Barry Allen
    Martian Manhunter WAS present; he was Bloodwynd
    I remember that Jurgens sort of remedied this disparity by making it a point to have the big guns take on Doomsday in his Doomsday Wars series and subsequently get their butts handed to them. It came off as his way of saying " even if they were around then,they wouldn't have fared better than the second tier heroes in the first fight " which if you think about it doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 08-10-2016 at 06:21 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I remember that Jurgens sort of remedied this disparity by making it a point to have the big guns take on Doomsday in his Doomsday Wars series and subsequently get their butts handed to them. It came off as his way of saying " even if they were around then,they wouldn't have fared better than the second tier heroes in the first fight "
    Was it also Jurgens that had Cyborg Superman remarking on the various ways League members could have defeated Doomsday?