Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ooh ohhhh I didn't catch that. Hoping the batfleck solo will be Jason's death with Leto joker and harley. I think they are setting that up tbh.

But has anyone noticed that in this current DCEU they always refer to him as "The Bat", even in Jared Leto interviews "the bat, the bat" idk why it bugs me but it does that they rarely, if ever, say Batman (title aside)
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I liked him. Nice teaser to what we will be getting in his solo film.

That would be an interesting twist. What easter egg was that?
    It's in her little stylized text profile they do over each member early on in the movie(like the Captain Boomerangs pink unicorn fetish one), unfortunately I can't remember exactly what was there though.

I think the Batfleck solo might be the Red Hood story: Robin's murder was implied In BVS and now it's been outright stated. Th actual murder would probably be in a flashback, I'd imagine.

Affleck did good in this film. Was his mask changed to hide his mole?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ekrolo2 View Post
    He was fine.

I know some people have a problem with him apparently "using" Deadshot's daughter to win the fight before it starts but if Batman just beat the **** out of him in front of the kid then everyone would cry foul about Batman being cruel in front of children so meh.

I'm assuming these flashbacks of Joker and Harley being captured are after BvS since 1) pre-BvS Batman would've mauled Deadshot and let Harley drown, especially if she killed Jason like an easter egg implies that she did and 2) it doesn't seem like they've been in prison for that long.
    People have a problem with Batman killing. People have a problem with Batman not bothering about collateral damage.

Okay, I can sorta buy those (even though the whole POINT of BvS was that this was a pissed off, world-weary, out of control Batman).

Now, people have a problem with Batman emotionally blackmailing criminals or Batman possibly beating up a criminal in front of his daughter?

What exactly CAN Batman do that is 'morally' right according to these people?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I think the Batfleck solo might be the Red Hood story: Robin's murder was implied In BVS and now it's been outright stated. Th actual murder would probably be in a flashback, I'd imagine.

Affleck did good in this film. Was his mask changed to hide his mole?
    I don't recall, but the mole thing makes his identity pretty obvious.

Also, does Waller outright know he is Batman at the end scene? It felt that way to me, which was suprising
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

If his solo is the Red Hood story, fucking kill this universe right now. After Arkham Knight, I'd prefer getting my legs cut off with a barb wired chainsaw than watch that fucking story lin happen again.

If his solo is the Red Hood story, fucking kill this universe right now. After Arkham Knight, I'd prefer getting my legs cut off with a barb wired chainsaw than watch that fucking story lin happen again.
    For as bad as that game did it, I'd be way more into it then another 100% Joker is the main villain movie again(also thanks to Arkham Knight, thought we were finally done with that but NOPE).

i guess that means I should def not play Arkham Knight, haha

It's a pretty weak game in terms of features added. There weren't many improvements to combat aside from a few extra gadgets and multiple stealth takedown chains. The Batmobile fights get really old and annoying.
    Superhero shows are trash

The city is nice and it still plays well, batmobile is fine even if it is the solution to a puzzle a bit to much. Story is pretty dang bad though(easily the worst of the Arkham games).

No, you shouldn't. The games story oozes with trite Batman tropes that have gotten well past the point of being worn. It doesn't even use the sheer genericness of itself to maybe hide a few genuine surprises the same way Telltale's recent Batman game does by giving you a very familiar setup but just enough alterations to leave you going "Woah! I can't believe we're doing this!".

Everything awful and appallingly annoying about post-TAS DCAU Batman is perfectly exemplified and magnified in AK.
    Last edited by ekrolo2; 08-07-2016 at 02:26 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottsummer View Post
    During her introduction in the flashback , one of the text said : "Murderer of Robin" or "Co-murderer of Robin"
    Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    It's in her little stylized text profile they do over each member early on in the movie(like the Captain Boomerangs pink unicorn fetish one), unfortunately I can't remember exactly what was there though.
    Ooh, interesting. Guess that went by too fast for me to notice.

Preach. Leave Jason in the ground please. It would kill my excitement for the Batfleck movie if I know he's going to be in it.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I liked him showing up in it, but not over shadowing the film. DC did a good job with it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

No, you shouldn't. The games story oozes with trite Batman tropes that have gotten well past the point of being worn. It doesn't even use the sheer genericness of itself to maybe hide a few genuine surprises the same way Telltale's recent Batman game does by giving you a very familiar setup but just enough alterations to leave you going "Woah! I can't believe we're doing this!".

Everything awful and appallingly annoying about post-TAS DCAU Batman is perfectly exemplified and magnified in AK.
    Arkham Knight is awesome I don't know what you're talking about. Even if you don't like the story the gameplay is amazing.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

As much as I love Ben Affleck as Batman and his suit, his cowl kinda makes his face look fat when he's standing still. Which is pretty much all he did in his fight with Deadshot, so it looked kinda weird. Oh well, can't be to picky. This is the best live action Batman we've ever gotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Arkham Knight is awesome I don't know what you're talking about. Even if you don't like the story the gameplay is amazing.
    I almost thought that Arkham Knight was too easy. I was a bad player in both Asylum and City (mighta 3 starred 1 combat map of City during its prime) and I easily 3 starred every map in Knight (except the Batmobile ones.) Too be fair, I went through the first two games without knowing how to do knife-takedowns or crit-strikes.

I played the crap out of AK, and enjoyed most of it, but the combination of Origins and Knight made me question if the Arkham games were ever really something special, or just another franchise to be milked. Asylum and City had great stories, Origins felt like a cash grab by conception, and though it had an overall good story it made a misstep by making it all about spoilers:
    Joker
    end of spoilers (plus I dislike nearly all prequels by concept,) Knight had a crappy story, no getting around it. And then there are the mobile games and new VR installment...

Edit: I also was dissapointed by the decision to remove the Arkhamverse from the comicverse. Asylum felt like it could have easily happened in the comics, but City made the universes branch their seperate ways with spoilers:
    the death of the Joker
    end of spoilers and then Origins and Knight retconned it so that it was never like the comics and an entirely seperate, different, and inferior (Tim/Babs) universe.

Edit 2: It may sound like I don't like the Arkham games, but the first two are easily my favorite games ever, I was just very dissapointed by the later installments.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 08-07-2016 at 08:35 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)