Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default LOOK: Brie Larson Researches Her Captain Marvel Role

The actress, who'll debut as Carol Danvers in "Avengers: Infinity War," released a photo of the "Larson Industries R&D Dept."

Full article here.

BANNED

Eh. Shipp was shown with a pile of Storm comics, and look at what we got.

I suppose it's still better than not reading the comics.

In all fairness, X-Men Apocalypse was a team movie with a load of established characters whose stories were being continued in that film - there was never gonna be a lot of room for Storm. This is a Captain Marvel solo movie, so I'm 99.9% sure that there will be at least a tiny bit of focus on the lead character lol

Amazing Member

I completely missed that she was even cast. I have to admit I am not a fan and preferred a couple of other actresses that had been rumored.

That said...I hated the castings of Chris Evans as Cap and Mark Ruffalo as Banner/Hulk...and they turned out to be my two favorite Avengers in the MCU. So what do I know?

Social Injustice Warrior lolgaxe's Avatar

Wait till she discovers Avengers 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Eh. Shipp was shown with a pile of Storm comics, and look at what we got.
    How was Storm getting shafted by the writers again Shipp's fault?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lolgaxe View Post
    Wait till she discovers Avengers 200.
    I was literally just about to say the same thing. She should really go back and read Claremont's Ms. Marvel and other early Carol Danvers appearances and other Captain Marvel comics. Get a good feel for the whole history and the legacy. Someone grab Jim Starlin and Peter David's runs for reference.

BANNED

So? It's a staged promotional photo op. It has no bearing on anything having to do with how the film or her performance will turn out. Write a good script, get a good director, cast a good actor. Those are the things that matter.

It is a cool picture, though. Didn't know they made Captain Marvel pajamas.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

KSD and all the subsequent relaunches of Captain Marvel have bored me to tears. Nothing happens in the book. I wonder if Brie will get bored too?

Quote Originally Posted by davewire View Post
    I was literally just about to say the same thing. She should really go back and read Claremont's Ms. Marvel and other early Carol Danvers appearances and other Captain Marvel comics. Get a good feel for the whole history and the legacy. Someone grab Jim Starlin and Peter David's runs for reference.
    I concur. I actually just got the MMW Ms Marvel and the first vol of Brian Reed's run in the mail last month.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    So? It's a staged promotional photo op. It has no bearing on anything having to do with how the film or her performance will turn out. Write a good script, get a good director, cast a good actor. Those are the things that matter.

It is a cool picture, though. Didn't know they made Captain Marvel pajamas.

People seem to put weight in stuff like that. I mean, it isn't new. Every Star Trek actor for the past 30 years has claimed to have been a fan of the franchise, but people still like the "They're really one of us" feel. Even if it is staged.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    People seem to put weight in stuff like that. I mean, it isn't new. Every Star Trek actor for the past 30 years has claimed to have been a fan of the franchise, but people still like the "They're really one of us" feel. Even if it is staged.
    I know it's not new and wasn't suggesting that it was. But however old it is, it's still largely meaningless. After all, actors get paid to pretend to be things they're not, and that's not necessarily confined to what's on screen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    How was Storm getting shafted by the writers again Shipp's fault?
    I didn't say it was Shipp's fault?

I didn't say it was Shipp's fault?
    Then I'm not sure what the implication of the post was.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Then I'm not sure what the implication of the post was.
    That an actor reading comic books which heavily feature the character(s) they are playing doesn't always translate to a comic book accurate, or even good, live action portrayal.

Was that really that muddled? My apologies, I guess... I'm getting hints of being hyper-defensive, though.

That an actor reading comic books which heavily feature the character(s) they are playing doesn't always translate to a comic book accurate, or even good, live action portrayal.
    True, but I can't imagine Captain Marvel is gonna end up sidelined or poorly portrayed in her own film.