Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Misty Knight Confirmed For Netflix's "Iron Fist"

Following "Luke Cage, Simone Missick will reprise her role as the fan-favorite Misty Knight in Netflix's next Marvel series.

Full article here.

More Misty for me is always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    More Misty for me is always good.
    Agreed. I don't think I've ever seen the actress in anything, but looking forward to both Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

But will she have her Antarctic Vibranium Arm?

Social Injustice Warrior lolgaxe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    But will she have her Antarctic Vibranium Arm?
    That's the only question that matters.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

So, what's wrong with becoming the Marvel channel on Netflix??
    I mean Agents is not doing as great as Daredevil or Jessica Jones..
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    So, what's wrong with becoming the Marvel channel on Netflix??
    I mean Agents is not doing as great as Daredevil or Jessica Jones..
    DD, JJ, and soon Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Defenders likely cost a lot to produce. DD season 3 and JJ season 2 have both been pushed back to 2018.

Also, all the Netflix shows film in NYC. Which is very expensive. Every Spider-Man movie has had to pay a significant cost for filming in NYC. Spider-Man Homecoming is filming in Georgia and will digitally insert buildings from the NYC skyline to give it the look and feel of NYC. Supergirl season 1 filmed in Los Angeles and that was expensive. Season 2 is moving to Canada. The Dark Knight Trilogy, MOS, and all the CW shows film in Canada to reduce costs. TDK also filmed in Australia.

Money talks, and I don't think the Netflix shows make the kind of money to keep up with normal season demand for TV. Without advertisements/commercials, of course.

All-New Member

But who gives her her arm? Tony Stark? T`Challa? Fitz via Coulson? ...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    DD, JJ, and soon Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Defenders likely cost a lot to produce. DD season 3 and JJ season 2 have both been pushed back to 2018.

Also, all the Netflix shows film in NYC. Which is very expensive. Every Spider-Man movie has had to pay a significant cost for filming in NYC. Spider-Man Homecoming is filming in Georgia and will digitally insert buildings from the NYC skyline to give it the look and feel of NYC. Supergirl season 1 filmed in Los Angeles and that was expensive. Season 2 is moving to Canada. The Dark Knight Trilogy, MOS, and all the CW shows film in Canada to reduce costs. TDK also filmed in Australia.

Money talks, and I don't think the Netflix shows make the kind of money to keep up with normal season demand for TV. Without advertisements/commercials, of course.
    Spider-Man In Georgia? i don't exactly see adding digital new york buildings to Georgia working out all that well

Fantastic. I am sure there will be some sort of relationship between her and Danny like the comics.

Though what I am looking forward to is her and Colleen working together! Long live the Daughters of the Dragon!!
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Spider-Man In Georgia? i don't exactly see adding digital new york buildings to Georgia working out all that well
    Doubling for a more expensive city is an insanely common tactic in films and TV. They shoot in another city to keep costs down and then do second unit and exterior shots of the actual New York.

Avengers takes place in New York and The Winter Soldier in Washington, D.C. but they were both shot in Cleveland. Ant-Man is in San Francisco and it was shot in Atlanta. Before American cities started offering up tax breaks to try and lure film productions, there used to be a joke about everything being shot in Vancouver.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Doubling for a more expensive city is an insanely common tactic in films and TV. They shoot in another city to keep costs down and then do second unit and exterior shots of the actual New York.

Avengers takes place in New York and The Winter Soldier in Washington, D.C. but they were both shot in Cleveland. Ant-Man is in San Francisco and it was shot in Atlanta. Before American cities started offering up tax breaks to try and lure film productions, there used to be a joke about everything being shot in Vancouver.
    There's a great Youtube video that demonstrates the Vancouver thing. If that type of thing interest you hit up Youtube to find it...you will be really surprised by how much of the USA is in Canada lol

I expected this to be the case and definitely happy to have it confirmed .

Looking forward to more Misty, developing her relationship with Danny, and seeing her meet Colleen so we can get the Daughters of the Dragon .

I wonder if they're saving Luke meeting Danny for Defenders?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I expected this to be the case and definitely happy to have it confirmed .

Looking forward to more Misty, developing her relationship with Danny, and seeing her meet Colleen so we can get the Daughters of the Dragon .m

I wonder if they're saving Luke meeting Danny for Defenders?
    As much as I can't wait for these series, part of me wants a Black Dynamite-esque '70s version with '70s Versions of everybody...I'd contribute to a GoFundMe if all the actors did like a 10 min short in afro wigs, bell-bottoms and all...

Ultimate Member

This makes sense. Marvel has shown that they're at least going to do a variation of the traditional pairings from the comics (even if it's not exactly the same). They've done versions of Matt/Elektra, Matt/Karen, and Luke/Jessica already. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if we get a variation of Danny/Misty as well. Plus with Colleen Wing confirmed to appear on IF as well, that's a great chance to start building her and Misty's friendship to.