Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    The Friday numbers included Thursday previews. Saturday only dropped 5m less then Friday. As always misleading statistics.
    Actually, SS dropped over $6 million from Friday to Saturday once you remove the Thursday preview numbers. By percentage and raw dollars, it's the highest true Friday to Saturday drop of the year for a CBM. That by itself just suggests most people went to see it on Thursday and Friday. Those were your die hard fans. If the movie drops between 55% and 60% for its second weekend, that won't be a bad drop. But since it actually lost more Friday to Saturday than BvS did, a drop above 65% could happen as well. There were people who sat out opening weekend and word of mouth for this one is better than BvS. We'll see.

Why can't people just like both Marvel and DC films? I'm 47 and grew up reading both and have equal love for both. Marvel fans are assholes and DC fans feel the need to constantly defend themselves. Stop. Both of you, and just appreciate what we have been given. Original story lines paired with great actors, bringing our favorite characters to life. Stop making dumb-ass comparisons and just ENJOY these movies. Geez, you people freaking kill me...
    Or is it that you just want Hollywood to keep remaking the same old movies over and over and over? I'm talking to you Ghostbusters and you Ben-Hur and etc, etc, etc, ad nausium.
    Last edited by knawimean?; 08-08-2016 at 08:42 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    Actually WB is way more involved in publishing than Disneycorp. because you know... WB used to be called TimeWarner. They own Entertainment Weekly, Time Magazine, Sports Illustrated and so forth. They also had a HUGE presence on the internet much due to them owning until very recently Time Warner Cable that was one of the world's largest ISP's.

They also own a significant part of Rottentomatoes.com. Now I know better than to argue with conspiracy theorists but your ideas are just silly IMHO.

p.s. I'm not a Lizard person, a member of the Illuminati or the Bilderberg group or a part of the Rothchild coterie.

Warner Bros still is Time Warner.

Time and Warner merged into Time Warner a multinational media and entertainment conglomerate with 3 current divisions HBO, Turner and WB(DC here). Time publishing was spun off into an independent company but the conglomerate kept the Time Warner name even though all the Time parts are gone,

Quote Originally Posted by knawimean? View Post
    Why can't people just like both Marvel and DC films? I'm 47 and grew up reading both and have equal love for both. Marvel fans are assholes and DC fans feel the need to constantly defend themselves. Stop. Both of you, and just appreciate what we have been given. Original story lines paired with great actors, bringing our favorite characters to life. Stop making dumb-ass comparisons and just ENJOY these movies. Geez, you people freaking kill me...
    Or is it that you just want Hollywood to keep remaking the same old movies over and over and over? I'm talking to you Ghostbusters and you Ben-Hur and etc, etc, etc, ad nausium.
    I'm 46 and like both companies as well, but should we really just sit back and accept what DC has been giving us lately? Seriously, we havent gotten anything really good from DC since Nolans Batman. Marvel has their share of clunkers too, but they deliver the goods a lot of the times also. I guess what i'm saying is that WB/DC so far have offered nothing more than bad to mediocre offerings and the majority of the fans and viewers arent happy with the direction the DC Universe is heading and for people to be berated for calling them on this is just silly. They need to be held accountable. Instead of fixing the issues they have, WB/DC is full steam ahead with Snyder at the helm again for JL because BvS was just good enough. Thats BS. I'm tired of movies that are just good enough. Fans and critics have spoken up about the issues the movies have and they refuse to do anything about it, so why should we just happily accept what they give us? If the movies are going to continue to be average at best, whats the use?

Seriously, how many people have any confidence in Zach Snyder at this point with the JL? I know i'm not expecting much.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    I'm 46 and like both companies as well, but should we really just sit back and accept what DC has been giving us lately? Seriously, we havent gotten anything really good from DC since Nolans Batman. Marvel has their share of clunkers too, but they deliver the goods a lot of the times also. I guess what i'm saying is that WB/DC so far have offered nothing more than bad to mediocre offerings and the majority of the fans and viewers arent happy with the direction the DC Universe is heading and for people to be berated for calling them on this is just silly. They need to be held accountable. Instead of fixing the issues they have, WB/DC is full steam ahead with Snyder at the helm again for JL because BvS was just good enough. Thats BS. I'm tired of movies that are just good enough. Fans and critics have spoken up about the issues the movies have and they refuse to do anything about it, so why should we just happily accept what they give us? If the movies are going to continue to be average at best, whats the use?

Seriously, how many people have any confidence in Zach Snyder at this point with the JL? I know i'm not expecting much.
    A: Refuse to do anything about it? They frickin' went through backstage drama to try and course correct. The only reason Snyder is still there is because there wasn't time to find another director.

B: They (the executives at WB) are greedy and that has cost them. This is not a DC problem, it is a WB problem.

Quote Originally Posted by eckesg1 View Post
    A: Refuse to do anything about it? They frickin' went through backstage drama to try and course correct. The only reason Snyder is still there is because there wasn't time to find another director.
    So they would rather chance losing millions of dollars due to yet another disappointing effort from Snyder than to take a step back and delay the project a bit? WB deserves whatever they get. I just feel the fans deserve better.