Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

The digital version is now available from Dark Horse:

Hellboy: Into the Silent Sea

All-New Member

The character of the woman from the Heliopic Brotherhood was wonderful. I liked seeing both Mike's version of her on the cover, as well as Gianni's version in the story.

I finally read the story! Beautiful art and amazing mood... I liked the silent parts at the beginning, Mignolaverse need more of that those days. What do you guys think was the serpent? It definitely wasn't Hecate and in imo wasn't an Ogdru...
    All those short graphic novels until now are really good, I hope we have a Library Edition with them one day.

Fantastic Member

So I have this theory that Hecate is just another herald of Ereshigal. This giant unearthly tentacle could've been a physical manifestation of Ereshigal itself, much like the goddess figure we saw in the recent Black Flame series.

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    So I have this theory that Hecate is just another herald of Ereshigal. This giant unearthly tentacle could've been a physical manifestation of Ereshigal itself, much like the goddess figure we saw in the recent Black Flame series.
    Well, to be honest I had to google Ereshkigal!! Now I'm intrigued and want to read more about it... and your theory make sense!

Read it. Average Hellboy story with wonderful art. Now your average Hellboy story is very, very good, maybe not great, but still two notches above, so that is a compliment, not a complaint. But it is Gianni's art that drives the book, and that is great. Especially the pages with the sea monsters attack. And kudus to Stewart on color for letting Gianni's pen work shine through. This book did not disappoint.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I'm overjoyed with this one.

A perfect ball of Gianni, of Hope and Hodgson and whatnot. Reeking of rope and tar and salty seamonsterness.

A new favorite for me for sure. And I yelped at the crumbly oozy bit, such buffity.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

If anyone is interested, this is now available digitally on Comixology as well.

Hellboy: Into the Silent Sea

Jeez. It seems I forgot about this one. Just got around to picking it up, and - fantastic! Gianni's art was a perfect fit for the story, and the classical vibes his art exudes just made Hellboy's dry sense of humor stand out more. I was cackling ever time Hellboy said anything!

Gianni's art was perfect for the story, I have been a huge fan of his stuff for a while (I love his Solomon Kane art); he seems to be able to nail the old aquatic sailor stuff, probably from his work in 20,000 Leagues Under the Seas. Monstermen was awesome as well and I wish it would return again proper.