Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    thanks Kees, I think you are right about this book being special.
    Thank you too, edhopper.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Can't wait for this! Now that we will have 3 of these, I'm hoping that November/December 2018 is nice time for a Library Edition of all 3 together. Maybe some one-shots & DHP added too. The shelf must grow!

Fantastic Member

I've been thinking about this today, and it dawned on me that, if I'm not mistaken, this will be the first time that Mignola will be inserting a story in to Hellboy's post-Seed of Destruction timeline. His timeline has jumped all over the place, but anything from Hellboy's 1994 onwards has been released chronologically. The insertion of a story that takes place after The Island is a break from tradition.

That said, it kind of makes sense at this point. Hellboy died and went to Hell. All stories of his life are matters of the past now. Are we seeing the post SoD timeline become his past, and therefore subject to the same rules as the pre SoD stories? Will Into the Silent Sea recontextualise the stories that follow it chronologically?

I'm very excited.

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    I've been thinking about this today, and it dawned on me that, if I'm not mistaken, this will be the first time that Mignola will be inserting a story in to Hellboy's post-Seed of Destruction timeline. His timeline has jumped all over the place, but anything from Hellboy's 1994 onwards has been released chronologically. The insertion of a story that takes place after The Island is a break from tradition.

That said, it kind of makes sense at this point. Hellboy died and went to Hell. All stories of his life are matters of the past now. Are we seeing the post SoD timeline become his past, and therefore subject to the same rules as the pre SoD stories? Will Into the Silent Sea recontextualise the stories that follow it chronologically?

I'm very excited.
    Actually, it's happened once before with the short story The Mole. But yeah, this is the first time a major story has done it. Probably won't be the last either...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Actually, it's happened once before with the short story The Mole. But yeah, this is the first time a major story has done it. Probably won't be the last either...
    Actually, it's happened twice with Being Human one-shot as well.
    And that story was pretty major. That's why is hurts even more, that it's not collected with other stories from that period.

Quote Originally Posted by Shargor View Post
    And that story was pretty major. That's why is hurts even more, that it's not collected with other stories from that period.
    Maybe they'll consider a big annotated collection someday and place stories in the order they chronologically occurred for Hellboy.
    (Aren't there a few short stories set in 1954 that could be fit in with the coming Hellboy & the B.P.R.D. 1954 series that starts soon?)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe they'll consider a big annotated collection someday and place stories in the order they chronologically occurred for Hellboy.
    (Aren't there a few short stories set in 1954 that could be fit in with the coming Hellboy & the B.P.R.D. 1954 series that starts soon?)
    There is - Nature of the Beast. I don't think, that they will rerelease all stories in other order. That's major double dipping for all Hellboy fans.
    Though, if they had a chance to rearrange the content of all Hellboyverse volumes, I'm sure, they would make lots of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shargor View Post
    That's right. I always forget that originally came out as a Hellboy title.

Fantastic Member

Ah, The Mole came out so soon after Darkness Calls that I kinda see it as a prologue and Being Human is really a Roger story even if it was published as a Hellboy story. This one is significant because of the amount of time that's passed since The Island and how significant the a story set between The Island and Darkness Calls is likely to be.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This sounds like a blast! I can't wait to see this.

So, this is going to be in full color. I like it. Dave Stewart killing it once again.

http://dailydead.com/exclusive-previ...graphic-novel/

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    So, this is going to be in full color. I like it. Dave Stewart killing it once again.

http://dailydead.com/exclusive-previ...graphic-novel/
    Man, both of those look amazing and I'm so excited to see the aliens back!

Incredible Member

Anyone know if a digital version will come out next week as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Anyone know if a digital version will come out next week as well?
    I hope so!

It is finally upon us. Very excited to pick this up today. Sadly, I won't have a chance to read it today, though.