Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm hoping to buy it at my LCS in a couple hours!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Anyone know if a digital version will come out next week as well?
    Unfortunately, it appears not.

Well I thought this was pretty terrific. Even the several pages of exposition from the antagonist. They did that part very well, I thought.

The art was excellent, and Stewart did a great job of coloring the art without overpowering the delicate line work.

Surprised at how uneven the reviews seem for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Surprised at how uneven the reviews seem for this.
    Yeah, me too. I loved it.

I think it's just taste.

I saw one that said Mignola and Gianni have been excellent on their recent Hellboy books, so clearly not someone who's opinion I'm worried about.

Another said the ending was an awful cop out. I didn't think so at all. I thought it fit the story.

I thought this was a fun short story, that didn't need to be anything more than what it was.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I think it's just taste.

I saw one that said Mignola and Gianni have been excellent on their recent Hellboy books, so clearly not someone who's opinion I'm worried about.

Another said the ending was an awful cop out. I didn't think so at all. I thought it fit the story.

I thought this was a fun short story, that didn't need to be anything more than what it was.
    I think it has to do with not only knowing Hellboy but also the works that informed them, in this case William Hope Hodgson whose supernatural stories are heavy on mood but short on answers.

Well that's what I'm saying. I thought it fit the story, given its points of inspiration.

I'm also surprised there's been so little conversation about this on here.

I'm also surprised there's been so little conversation about this on here.

I had to order mine from Amazon. Still almost a week to go before it's in my hands...

Fantastic Member

I'm done reading this thing, but I'm not done studying it. Boy oh boy there is a lot of art.

Amazon says I get my copy tomorrow.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Yes, apparently those of us who ordered from amazon have experienced a delay. Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Mighty Member

Picked up mine a while ago. Drank a beer and read it loud while taking a hot bath. Had a really nice time doing so, even if the story wasn't the happiest I'v read

I really like smaller Hellboy stories like this one and the others. I certainly wouldn't mind if they got collected one day in a library ed. with the remaining drunk in Mexico stuff.

Mine arrived yesterday, looked through it and the art was fantastic. Waiting for a quiet afternoon to sit and slowly read it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!