Super Moderator

Default "Suicide Squad": The Biggest Revelations from the Latest DC Film

"Suicide Squad" is already a major box office success, and here are the ways the movie makes a major impact on WB's DC Films franchise.

Full article here.

Amazing Member

Not a big fan of Flash's blue lightning still, but his short cameo scene was pretty sweet.

Fantastic Member

Got to say that most of this I already gleaned from the trailers and the other stuff is relatively minor. I think that the more important question is whether or not the movie is any good. I have rarely seen such terrible reviews for a film, especially from comic book people (with a few notable exceptions). Having a good first weekend is just a testament to the marketing campaign, not the quality of the film or whether or not DC can continue to make movies that don't have much appeal behind hardcore fans (and maybe not even them).

One thing: the trailers make clear that the SS is meant to deal with superhuman and paranormal threats, including Superman. But, with the possible exception of Enchantress and, maybe, Diablo (both because they are supernatural) it's hard to see how such a street-level team would pose any threat to a Superman-level threat at all. Superman, moving at superspeed, would eliminate all of these guys in a millisecond, including the mystical characters. The team just doesn't seem to measure up to its supposed purpose.
    Last edited by ShaunN; 08-07-2016 at 11:39 AM.

It was pretty boring for the most part, but it was a much better Batman movie than Batman v Superman.

BANNED

If I had a nickel for every time an article spells Rick Flag's name wrong, I could watch a free movie every weekend.

Spectacular Member

Loved the movie (didn't care for the Enchantress in the comics OR the movie) and looking forward to WW & JL.

Great movie. Ignore the critics and go see it. Critics apparently don't read the books...

Quote Originally Posted by knawimean? View Post
    Great movie. Ignore the critics and go see it. Critics apparently don't read the books...
    Of course they don't. Most of the general viewing audience doesn't either. I haven't seen it yet, but a movie should be able to be good without having to read additional stories/info about the movie. Reading the books can make the movie better for viewers, but it shouldn't be a prerequisite/required reading.

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    I haven't seen it yet, but a movie should be able to be good without having to read additional stories/info about the movie. Reading the books can make the movie better for viewers, but it shouldn't be a prerequisite/required reading.
    Agreed 100%. Whatever the opinion of the movie, it should be independent of the books. The books should be a good source of material, but it doesn't mean the movies must adhere to them (the Dark Knight Trilogy, i think, is a great example of a movie not adhering to the comics and still coming out as a quality product).

Also relevant

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    One thing: the trailers make clear that the SS is meant to deal with superhuman and paranormal threats, including Superman. But, with the possible exception of Enchantress and, maybe, Diablo (both because they are supernatural) it's hard to see how such a street-level team would pose any threat to a Superman-level threat at all. Superman, moving at superspeed, would eliminate all of these guys in a millisecond, including the mystical characters. The team just doesn't seem to measure up to its supposed purpose.
    LOL! That's Superman written correctly. Unfortunately, it's likely that Superman is going to either move at normal speed or stand there and get hit with supernatural attacks that could actually hurt him. It's why the second Kryptonite grenade hit him in BvS.

I think Waller used the heroes that she had access to at that point in time, which was a better defense than nothing. I'm thinking that if the idea was a proven success with other threats AND if they found other Metahumans, then Task Force X could expand beyond the current roster.