Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Could The Bronze Tiger Make A Good Re-occuring Antagonist For Batman?

In addition to having martial arts skills to match him, Ben's backstory contrasts very well with Bruce:

>Ben grew up in a middle class neighbourhood. Bruce grew up as one of Gotham's elite.
    >While both are victims of crime, the way they are is in different ways. Bruce lost his family to a mugger, whereas Ben killed the man who tried to rob and (possibly) kill his parents when he was ten years old (this is often the age Bruce was when he his parents died).
    >Bruce became Batman to bring justice to those the law could not reach. Ben became the Bronze Tiger to act out his rage and eventually turned to crime.
    >Bruce while an accomplished fighter, is not above using pragmatic methods to win. Ben seems to favor the more 'honorable' approach.

In addition to these differences, both men have showed to struggle with their violent sides on many occasions, and I think that one thing they have in common sets up an interesting dynamic between the two. Maybe Bruce sees a chance for Ben to turn his life around (this doesn't have to actually happen, but the possibility could be there).

Also, both their names begin with a b

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

As long isn't Tynion's furry, absolutely.

Astonishing Member

Yeah hopefully they sweep Bronze Tygra under the rug.

I don't really want Ben to be an antagonist (again). In fact, I really like the idea of him being part of a new Batman and the Outsiders.

BANNED

He could, but being closer to a hero type than a villain, he really shouldn't.

I think he works best as a honorable villain. He shouldn't be more than a anti-hero imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I think he works best as a honorable villain. He shouldn't be more than a anti-hero imo.
    I think the exact term was antagonist. Which is not the same as villain.

A sophisticated approach would use him as an agent of a competing interest. His motives are solidly valid, but they conflict with Batman's.

I'd prefer Bronze Tiger led a new version of the Suicide Squad, myself. At least keep him a hero.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    I think the exact term was antagonist. Which is not the same as villain.

A sophisticated approach would use him as an agent of a competing interest. His motives are solidly valid, but they conflict with Batman's.
    I agree. My grasp on english is not that solid, so sometimes I'm not sure what word would express the best my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    I don't really want Ben to be an antagonist (again). In fact, I really like the idea of him being part of a new Batman and the Outsiders.
    I like this idea

Since Richard Dragon has been used in Green Arrow recently I would rather see Bronze Tiger be a part if Green Arrow. GA needs good villains more than Batman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    Since Richard Dragon has been used in Green Arrow recently I would rather see Bronze Tiger be a part if Green Arrow. GA needs good villains more than Batman.

Bronze Tiger first apparence in the New 52 was in Red Hood and the Outlaws 21. He is a Bat family villian now. Sorry.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Hum it could work. If I remember well, Red Hood worked with him in the New 52 but with different goals in mind of course.

Astonishing Member

In a way I don't think so ... because Ben's scope is more global, and the guy almost has no reason to ever go to Gotham - he's got no personal ties to the place. And for being an assassin, supposedly, he's not really off assassinating people much. Even in his recent Red Hood appearances it seems more like he's been acting as an instructor for the League of Assassins, training combatants.

That said - his martial arts skills are definitely equal to Batman. They always have been, it's a big part of his personal mythology. So Batman's next run-in with Ra's al Ghul (which totally should be a Bat Family/Green Arrow crossover), if it happens, I think we should at least get a rematch (... "First New 52 Match"). Ben would just be like "sorry Batman" (growly voice), "but I can't let you get to my boss."

Queue kung-fu.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Bronze Tiger first apparence in the New 52 was in Red Hood and the Outlaws 21. He is a Bat family villian now. Sorry.
    Hardly make him a Batman villain. If a writer come up with a good idea to connect him with Green Arrow DC would be fine with it. Especially if it doesn't conflict with plans they already have with Bronze Tiger (if any). In this issue BT fought with Richard Dragon the connection can easily be made in new 52. Since BT has also appeared in the Arrow series it is likely he will be used in the comics. Especially since the Arrow writers Kreisberg and Sokolowski is going to write the GA comic book.

Ben Sokolowski: Without giving away too much … yes, some of our favorite “Arrow” characters will feature prominently in the comic. Though they may not necessarily be clones of their TV personas. I think our goal with this comic is to make it an echo of the TV series. It’s a way to bridge the two universes. That being said, we’re not trying to make this “Arrow: The Comic.” That’s what the digital tie-ins are for.
    Last edited by Tupiaz; 07-22-2014 at 05:42 PM.