Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Donna Troy -code name

Donna needs a code name.so here are some suggestions.
    Warzon.
    Amazing Amazon.
    Olympia.
    War woman.
    Ms miracle

Mighty Member

why not troia?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    why not troia?

I alway thought that was a cheap code name. Imagine if the would have named Niightwing "Graysono" or Arsenal "Harpero". It just sound silly to me. I'd prefer she was called Olympia or Wonder Warrior.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I alway thought that was a cheap code name. Imagine if the would have named Niightwing "Graysono" or Arsenal "Harpero". It just sound silly to me. I'd prefer she was called Olympia or Wonder Warrior.
    Why not Captain Wonder.

Darkstar. It fits with Nightwing, Arsenal, Tempest, Starfire, etc.
    Richard Alexander

Incredible Member

It largely depends upon her origin, but I like "Amazon". Short and succinct.

But, from a "branding" point of view, it probably isn't great for DC since it's a common name / descriptor. Maybe Amazonia, although that might be too much of a mouthful. I kind of like it though. And I'd like her code name to be tied to Wonder Woman in some way.

Maybe Aegea after the Amazon Queen who fought at Troy? It would have a connection to both Donna's last name and her Amazon training.

Darkstar isn't too bad, although it's a little foreboding and ominous for her character (although, that really depends upon how she's written).

I'd probably go with Amazonia.

Astonishing Member

I'd just go with Troy. I'm not a fan of Troia as a code name.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'd just go with Troy. I'm not a fan of Troia as a code name.
    I'm certainly with you on hating 'Troia', as a codename. It's like an editor naming a character, based on me...DYERIA! It feels artistically and unforgivably lazy to me, and I hate it. I'm not saying that it was inherently lazy of Marv Wolfman or George Perez, both of whom I love (as artists), to name her that - just saying it's always felt like a lazy thing to name her, to me.

Like naming your baby, ..Babby. "Meet my kid, Babby the Baby! Idn't that neat? Just came up with it! Tz'how I roll. Yep."

As unimaginative and boring, as it sounds to me, and the fact that I hate it, almost as much, because it feels like creators don't care about this character, ..I'll settle for Troy, now. The Fury brand, while related, is really a different thing, and I think Donna should be her own thing or part of the Wonder-brand.

I can't believe there isn't one [Not ONE?] writer/editor, who can just assign her a decent superheroine codename, like Nightwing or Steel. Think about it, for a sec - we went from the moderately enigmatic Nightwing for renaming Robin ..to Troia for Donna Troy. I find that very, very hard to accept. Furthermore, Stan Lee, Dick Giordano or Len Wein would have fixed this, by now.

Go! Go! Fly, Dyeria! The fate of the multiverse [Ahem.] ..depends [Coff'coff.] ..on you! Go!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-19-2019 at 08:24 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I alway thought that was a cheap code name. Imagine if the would have named Niightwing "Graysono" or Arsenal "Harpero". It just sound silly to me.
    This is why I think it's a better name for Cassie.

Miss Wonder or Ms Wonder
    Too derivative. Too much of copying Diana and not being unique or distinctive or something that just Donna. It's still sidekick name (if there's already someone with "Wonder", and there is). It'd be like Dick calling himself "Mr. Bat."

I alway thought that was a cheap code name. Imagine if the would have named Niightwing "Graysono" or Arsenal "Harpero". It just sound silly to me.
    Agree.

I say again, just call her Donna Troy. It's way cooler than Wonder Girl or any other code name she could get. Really, she's one of those characters whose name sounds so good she doesn't need a code name.
    But I like secret identities.

Donna deserves a heroic name that befits her mantle at this point in time. Sadly, Donna is way past "Wonder Girl" these days. The correct name is so hard to find. It still escapes us.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    why not troia?
    Yes I agree with troia.but alot if people didn't like that code name.me personally loved it.and to me that's what I still call her.but I feel that she needs one cause.as a super hero.how would it sound to say."look here comes bruce wyne or kal-el" kinda corny right.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Donna needs a code name.so here are some suggestions.
    Warzon.
    Amazing Amazon.
    Olympia.
    War woman.
    Ms miracle
    War anything is a horrible, horrible choice. Not at all right for the character, and definitely not for the peace-loving Amazons being restored currently in the pages of Wonder Woman.

Amazing Amazon is WW's moniker, so I would strike that. I think you're right to look into names starting with the letter A, given the shapes on her new belt and shield. I wonder if they're going to revive an idea a former TT writer batted around publicly (don't know if they ever used it): Avatar. That would be consistent with both her awesomeness and the mirror twin origin, assuming that gets revived.

Ms. Miracle sounds a tad too much like a sidekick for Mr. Miracle (maybe for a Shyla Norman or somesuch). I would have saved it in case someone wanted to retcon the Peter David Supergirl minus the S-shield.

I'm guessing the Rebirth Year 1 story will have to play out a bit before we learn more about the new Donna Troy origin. I hope it works out that the post-Infinite Crisis version comes back -- a mirror twin but with young Donna being raised on Paradise Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaffrey View Post
    War anything is a horrible, horrible choice. Not at all right for the character, and definitely not for the peace-loving Amazons being restored currently in the pages of Wonder Woman.

Amazing Amazon is WW's moniker, so I would strike that. I think you're right to look into names starting with the letter A, given the shapes on her new belt and shield. I wonder if they're going to revive an idea a former TT writer batted around publicly (don't know if they ever used it): Avatar. That would be consistent with both her awesomeness and the mirror twin origin, assuming that gets revived.

Ms. Miracle sounds a tad too much like a sidekick for Mr. Miracle (maybe for a Shyla Norman or somesuch). I would have saved it in case someone wanted to retcon the Peter David Supergirl minus the S-shield.

I'm guessing the Rebirth Year 1 story will have to play out a bit before we learn more about the new Donna Troy origin. I hope it works out that the post-Infinite Crisis version comes back -- a mirror twin but with young Donna being raised on Paradise Island.
    With all due respect.if the Amazon's were so peace and loving they would be Pacifist not warriors trained from.birth.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    With all due respect.if the Amazon's were so peace and loving they would be Pacifist not warriors trained from.birth.
    well they use to be. now a days they are more martial but they still tend to side with peace over war

Compiling and pondering options...pulling in from some wonder counterparts where appropriate
    WONDER GIRL
    WONDER CHICK
    PRINCESS WONDER
    SISTER WONDER
    TROIA- unfortunately translates to "whore" in Italian slang
    TROY
    DARKSTAR - I agree has the 90s kewlness factor that many of the secondary names that her generation of heroes has taken on (Arsenal, Nightwing, Tempest) and fits into the Wonder milieu because of the "star" part
    FURY
    HARBINGER - from that New52 moment where she was positioned as a Monitor-counterpart
    FATE
    HUNTRESS - when I read the proposal of Donna bring a Huntress, a number of things clicked - fits with Diana and creates the cross-pollination of the legacies of the generation of former side-kicks ala Dick taking the name Nightwing from Superman's franchise. Doesn't work on as many levels in the condensed timeline.
    AMAZON
    AMAZONIA
    AMAZE
    VICTORY
    OLYMPIA - guilt by association with the Ian Churchill design for Donna that used that name.

GLORY
    PANDORA
    REGINE

I'm putting GLORY and FURY at the top of my list of preference given their prior association with the Wonder franchise - with Fury being Diana's daughter in other continuities and Glory being the Wonder counterpart from another company - she had a great run by Alan Moore where put some shine on the Liefeld creation.
    http://comicvine.gamespot.com/glory/4050-19886/