Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Wasn't Earth 2 Fury technically their version of Donna Troy? Bam.
    Fury was WW's daughter.I'm not really familiar with her but from what little I know, she and Donna were nothing alike. I think that Fury would work better as a codename for Cassie instead of Donna.

Donna Troy is an American Amazon, so why not just AMAZON?
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Phenom are simply Warrior it worked for Guy Gardner for years or even Alan Scott's old code name of Sentinel. Americana but that one may be copy righted. Warrioress.

No. She had nothing to do with Donna Troy. Fury Lyta was E-2 WW's daughter. There was no E-2 Donna analog.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Amerizan.

/10char

The original Earth Two? Fury wasn't really their version of her (not in the same way there were versions of Diana, Kal, and Bruce on both Earths one and two)

They were more counterpoints? They both were that "next generation" of heroes, much like how Power Girl and Supergirl both held the same place, but were very different people. So Lyta (Fury) and DOnna (WG) both held that place, but as very different people.

Now if you're talking the Nu52 Earth two, that's it;s own thing....

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    it's too generic for me.... it's like my code name being Californian, or Caucasian ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Phenom are simply Warrior it worked for Guy Gardner for years or even Alan Scott's old code name of Sentinel. Americana but that one may be copy righted. Warrioress.
    but they've both been used... so why give her a name associated with someone else? Warrioress is generic and kind of awkward to say. Americana means something different.....

This is why I like either keeping it Troia (or Troian) or having her reuse the Darkstar mantle.

Creators have a rare opportunity with Donna Troy. With Paradise Island existing outside of space-time, she could literally be 'Donna of Troy'. Is she Helen of Troy's niece or cousin? Maybe...and, if so, how exciting! A four thousand years old infant becomes an Amazon princess?! Perhaps, even before Steve crashed near the island, Diana and the Amazons rescued Donna from a burning, Trojan ship, sailing a stormy sea, ..lost in time. In this way, her name becomes her origin ..or vice versa!

Her codename: Troy, ..inspired by the legendary embattled city-state!

It's the original origin...but, better. Let's see the Bat-editors try to shoehorn Nightwing into her backstory, this time!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-10-2019 at 02:27 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I just looked it up and Crisis on Two Earths didn't have an analogue of Troia. It has a character named Olympiad, but that's apparently an alternate WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    It's the original origin...but, better. Let's see the Bat-editors try to shoehorn Nightwing into her backstory, this time!
    I still find it hilarious that the original Nightwing was a Kryptonian.

Pretty sure it was explained in NTT that Dick was "inspired" by Superman and him taking the name Nightwing from the Kryptonian hero was a nod to that. As for Olympian, the character Olympia appearing on "Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths" cartoon was supposed to be an amalgamation of Olympian and Wonder Girl (Donna Troy). Additionally, there was a Donna Troy redesign done by Ian Churchill who used the name "Olympia". The design was way too busy and never appeared in the comic but, it does show that creators were attempting to give Donna a code name at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I just looked it up and Crisis on Two Earths didn't have an analogue of Troia. It has a character named Olympiad, but that's apparently an alternate WW.
    Right. As I stated, there is no E-2 Donna Troy analog.

In the animated series Crisis on Two Earths, Olympiad is supposedly WW's counterpart, because they made Superwoman the counterpart to Mary Marvel, instead of WW. However, that is Earth 3, not Earth 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Right. As I stated, there is no E-2 Donna Troy analog.

In the animated series Crisis on Two Earths, Olympiad is supposedly WW's counterpart, because they made Superwoman the counterpart to Mary Marvel, instead of WW. However, that is Earth 3, not Earth 2.
    I have seen alternate information on this issue that establishes Olympiad, as Donna Troy's counterpart, ..and Superwoman, as Wonder Woman's. Superwoman is also the head of the Marvel crime family, who wear her standard and are referred to as 'made men' in the film. Superwoman is one of several Syndicators, who have corralled other super-crims into their own crime families, and understanding this is essential to understanding the function of the Crime Syndicate, as a whole, ..and Diana's role in it.

Mary Marvel's counterpart is shown to be an entirely and distinctly other individual, in a very brief cameo-flash on the screen.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I like Olympia.