Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Actually... I can see that. Yeah just scrap Donna and Cassie's original appearances in the New 52 and give those origins to their anti matter counterparts.
    Actually I dont think i would have minded that explanation all that much... and over in Marvel, under Robinson, this was actually the plot surrounding Warrior Woman, who turned out to be the Squadron Sinister (bad) version hiding among Squadron Supreme (good) versions of her colleagues... untill she turned on them, and is now being stalked by her good counterpart.

I dont know if it's just me, but why do I keep thinking of the E-3 versions of the Wonder Family of characters as stuff of parents nightmares? Like 'we' (me) have this image that every parent would be proud to have girls like Diana, Donna and Cassandra... but that their E-3 versions would be these horrid brats in Harley Quinn's movie wardrobe?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Actually I dont think i would have minded that explanation all that much... and over in Marvel, under Robinson, this was actually the plot surrounding Warrior Woman, who turned out to be the Squadron Sinister (bad) version hiding among Squadron Supreme (good) versions of her colleagues... untill she turned on them, and is now being stalked by her good counterpart.

I dont know if it's just me, but why do I keep thinking of the E-3 versions of the Wonder Family of characters as stuff of parents nightmares? Like 'we' (me) have this image that every parent would be proud to have girls like Diana, Donna and Cassandra... but that their E-3 versions would be these horrid brats in Harley Quinn's movie wardrobe?
    Well the E3 versions are basically the main heroes of the DCU if they were mustache twirlingly evil. That's the Morrison version anyway. I kind of like the original Crime Syndicate who, while still evil, were at least friends. Somewhat.

Actually, why haven't we gotten any anti matter Titans?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well the E3 versions are basically the main heroes of the DCU if they were mustache twirlingly evil. That's the Morrison version anyway. I kind of like the original Crime Syndicate who, while still evil, were at least friends. Somewhat.

Actually, why haven't we gotten any anti matter Titans?
    Preferred Morrison's due to how they weren't just 'mustache twirlingly evil', they were opposites of the heroes... like Superman we know as gentle superpowered champion for justice and freedom while Ultraman was an irrational buffoon that just overpowered everything that got in his way (save Owlman ofc). Also their world was the opposite of the real Earth, so however nasty they seemed, they were actually being their form of nice.

Not sure, but I guess it has to do with the usual CSA set-up of them being the only superpowered beings thats left and everyone else is dead because they'd be a challenge, if not now then eventually. (which I think was the major change the cartoon made). Question is if it was Morrison's version we are going by is what kind of state Donna and Cassandra would be in if they were associated with Superwoman... who had thing for repeated public humiliation (at least with Jimmy Olsen).

Olympia
    Fate
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Sprite
    Nereid (Greek for "Nymph of the Mediterranean")
    Aura (divine personification of the breeze), or Aurai ("Nymph of the Breeze")

Miss Take.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    why not troia?
    Yes I agree with troia.but alot if people didn't like that code name.me personally loved it.and to me that's what I still call her.but I feel that she needs one cause.as a super hero.how would it sound to say."look here comes bruce wyne or kal-el" kinda corny right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaffrey View Post
    War anything is a horrible, horrible choice. Not at all right for the character, and definitely not for the peace-loving Amazons being restored currently in the pages of Wonder Woman.

Amazing Amazon is WW's moniker, so I would strike that. I think you're right to look into names starting with the letter A, given the shapes on her new belt and shield. I wonder if they're going to revive an idea a former TT writer batted around publicly (don't know if they ever used it): Avatar. That would be consistent with both her awesomeness and the mirror twin origin, assuming that gets revived.

Ms. Miracle sounds a tad too much like a sidekick for Mr. Miracle (maybe for a Shyla Norman or somesuch). I would have saved it in case someone wanted to retcon the Peter David Supergirl minus the S-shield.

I'm guessing the Rebirth Year 1 story will have to play out a bit before we learn more about the new Donna Troy origin. I hope it works out that the post-Infinite Crisis version comes back -- a mirror twin but with young Donna being raised on Paradise Island.
    With all due respect.if the Amazon's were so peace and loving they would be Pacifist not warriors trained from.birth.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    With all due respect.if the Amazon's were so peace and loving they would be Pacifist not warriors trained from.birth.
    well they use to be. now a days they are more martial but they still tend to side with peace over war

Compiling and pondering options...pulling in from some wonder counterparts where appropriate
    WONDER GIRL
    WONDER CHICK
    PRINCESS WONDER
    SISTER WONDER
    TROIA- unfortunately translates to "whore" in Italian slang
    TROY
    DARKSTAR - I agree has the 90s kewlness factor that many of the secondary names that her generation of heroes has taken on (Arsenal, Nightwing, Tempest) and fits into the Wonder milieu because of the "star" part
    FURY
    HARBINGER - from that New52 moment where she was positioned as a Monitor-counterpart
    FATE
    HUNTRESS - when I read the proposal of Donna bring a Huntress, a number of things clicked - fits with Diana and creates the cross-pollination of the legacies of the generation of former side-kicks ala Dick taking the name Nightwing from Superman's franchise. Doesn't work on as many levels in the condensed timeline.
    AMAZON
    AMAZONIA
    AMAZE
    VICTORY
    OLYMPIA - guilt by association with the Ian Churchill design for Donna that used that name.

GLORY
    PANDORA
    REGINE

I'm putting GLORY and FURY at the top of my list of preference given their prior association with the Wonder franchise - with Fury being Diana's daughter in other continuities and Glory being the Wonder counterpart from another company - she had a great run by Alan Moore where put some shine on the Liefeld creation.
    http://comicvine.gamespot.com/glory/4050-19886/

Donna Troy is an iconic name and only "codename" she should ever need is Troia. It means Troy in Italian, Greek etc. It's ICONIC.

BANNED

Considering the Byrne origin, could they name her Soul Sister without making her black?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Compiling and pondering options...pulling in from some wonder counterparts where appropriate
    WONDER GIRL
    WONDER CHICK
    PRINCESS WONDER
    SISTER WONDER
    TROIA- unfortunately translates to "whore" in Italian slang
    TROY
    DARKSTAR - I agree has the 90s kewlness factor that many of the secondary names that her generation of heroes has taken on (Arsenal, Nightwing, Tempest) and fits into the Wonder milieu because of the "star" part
    FURY
    HARBINGER - from that New52 moment where she was positioned as a Monitor-counterpart
    FATE
    HUNTRESS - when I read the proposal of Donna bring a Huntress, a number of things clicked - fits with Diana and creates the cross-pollination of the legacies of the generation of former side-kicks ala Dick taking the name Nightwing from Superman's franchise. Doesn't work on as many levels in the condensed timeline.
    AMAZON
    AMAZONIA
    AMAZE
    VICTORY
    OLYMPIA - guilt by association with the Ian Churchill design for Donna that used that name.

GLORY
    PANDORA
    REGINE

I'm putting GLORY and FURY at the top of my list of preference given their prior association with the Wonder franchise - with Fury being Diana's daughter in other continuities and Glory being the Wonder counterpart from another company - she had a great run by Alan Moore where put some shine on the Liefeld creation.
    http://comicvine.gamespot.com/glory/4050-19886/
    That costume is just as awful as her first troia costume.

Mighty Member

Donna as Fate connection:

Atropos - eldest of the three Moirai (also known as The Fates). Atropos chose the mechanism of death and ended the life of each mortal by cutting their thread.

Donna/Titans of Myth connection:

Asteria - goddess of nocturnal oracles and falling stars; daughter of the Titans Coeus and Phoebe.

Eos - Titaness and the goddess of the dawn.

Donna/star (costume) connection:

Astraea - goddess of innocence and purity; known as the “Star Maiden” or "Star Goddess, daughter of Astraeus and Eos.

Other:

Alala - personification of the war cry in Greek mythology.

Nyx - goddess of the night.

BATTLESTAR - to underscore the emphasis on Warrior Culture