Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Donna Troy -code name

Donna needs a code name.so here are some suggestions.
    Warzon.
    Amazing Amazon.
    Olympia.
    War woman.
    Ms miracle

Mighty Member

why not troia?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    why not troia?

I alway thought that was a cheap code name. Imagine if the would have named Niightwing "Graysono" or Arsenal "Harpero". It just sound silly to me. I'd prefer she was called Olympia or Wonder Warrior.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Donna needs a code name.so here are some suggestions.
    Warzon.
    Amazing Amazon.
    Olympia.
    War woman.
    Ms miracle
    War anything is a horrible, horrible choice. Not at all right for the character, and definitely not for the peace-loving Amazons being restored currently in the pages of Wonder Woman.

Amazing Amazon is WW's moniker, so I would strike that. I think you're right to look into names starting with the letter A, given the shapes on her new belt and shield. I wonder if they're going to revive an idea a former TT writer batted around publicly (don't know if they ever used it): Avatar. That would be consistent with both her awesomeness and the mirror twin origin, assuming that gets revived.

Ms. Miracle sounds a tad too much like a sidekick for Mr. Miracle (maybe for a Shyla Norman or somesuch). I would have saved it in case someone wanted to retcon the Peter David Supergirl minus the S-shield.

I'm guessing the Rebirth Year 1 story will have to play out a bit before we learn more about the new Donna Troy origin. I hope it works out that the post-Infinite Crisis version comes back -- a mirror twin but with young Donna being raised on Paradise Island.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I alway thought that was a cheap code name. Imagine if the would have named Niightwing "Graysono" or Arsenal "Harpero". It just sound silly to me. I'd prefer she was called Olympia or Wonder Warrior.
    Why not Captain Wonder.

Darkstar. It fits with Nightwing, Arsenal, Tempest, Starfire, etc.
    Richard Alexander

Incredible Member

It largely depends upon her origin, but I like "Amazon". Short and succinct.

But, from a "branding" point of view, it probably isn't great for DC since it's a common name / descriptor. Maybe Amazonia, although that might be too much of a mouthful. I kind of like it though. And I'd like her code name to be tied to Wonder Woman in some way.

Maybe Aegea after the Amazon Queen who fought at Troy? It would have a connection to both Donna's last name and her Amazon training.

Darkstar isn't too bad, although it's a little foreboding and ominous for her character (although, that really depends upon how she's written).

I'd probably go with Amazonia.

BANNED

Prefer it being independent since she hasn't been Wonder Girl for several decades now.

So, top picks:
    -Olympia (which was her Earth-3 counterpart in the Crisis of Two Worlds cartoon)
    -Troy (nice and simple)
    -Darkstar (very 90'ties, but still cool... doesn't really match anymore though)

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Prefer it being independent since she hasn't been Wonder Girl for several decades now.

So, top picks:
    -Olympia (which was her Earth-3 counterpart in the Crisis of Two Worlds cartoon)
    -Troy (nice and simple)
    -Darkstar (very 90'ties, but still cool... doesn't really match anymore though)
    Actually Olympia was Diana's counterpart. Superwoman was Mary Marvel's counterpart.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Actually Olympia was Diana's counterpart. Superwoman was Mary Marvel's counterpart.
    I would disagree with that since she never used the lightning powers her Marvel Family underlings used (she even orders them to call the thunder at one point), Superwoman had Diana's power-set, but not the skills... plus I would point to how much younger Olympia looked when compared to Diana.

I would disagree with that since she never used the lightning powers her Marvel Family underlings used (she even orders them to call the thunder at one point), Superwoman had Diana's power-set, but not the skills... plus I would point to how much younger Olympia looked when compared to Diana.
    Superwoman is Diana's counterpart according to the creators. Her color scheme is similar to the evil Marvel family and like you said she clearly does not have Diana's fighting skills. Her not using the lightning, I can't explain. But then again, Superwoman's character was just as odd in the comics where she's an evil superpowered Lois Lane.

BANNED

Superwoman is Diana's counterpart according to the creators. Her color scheme is similar to the evil Marvel family and like you said she clearly does not have Diana's fighting skills. Her not using the lightning, I can't explain. But then again, Superwoman's character was just as odd in the comics where she's an evil superpowered Lois Lane.
    in most versions Superwoman that I'm aware of she is Diana, but 'Lois Lane' is her civilian identity... which often leads to the assumption Superwoman killed and replaced the real Lois Lane. Also, quite often Superwoman is said to hail from Damnation Island and have occasionally killed all of the other Amazons and everyone who knows about it.

I wouldn't put so much into how her attire bears some resemblance to the three Marvels, since her's is still distinct from theirs (it's only really that they were dark thats connecting them) and how none of the 'made men' wore colors or symbols that defined which member of the Syndicate they ultimately belonged to. Like if I am not getting it wrong, they actually specify that the drug warehouse/production where they fight Olympia was actually one of Power Ring's.

But that said, a definitive version would be nice to see one day... hopefully not handled by Johns. (actually wouldn't that be a good WW story: Diana and her Amazons vs 'Lois' and her 'Amazons'?)

in most versions Superwoman that I'm aware of she is Diana, but 'Lois Lane' is her civilian identity... which often leads to the assumption Superwoman killed and replaced the real Lois Lane. Also, quite often Superwoman is said to hail from Damnation Island and have occasionally killed all of the other Amazons and everyone who knows about it.

I wouldn't put so much into how her attire bears some resemblance to the three Marvels, since her's is still distinct from theirs (it's only really that they were dark thats connecting them) and how none of the 'made men' wore colors or symbols that defined which member of the Syndicate they ultimately belonged to. Like if I am not getting it wrong, they actually specify that the drug warehouse/production where they fight Olympia was actually one of Power Ring's.

But that said, a definitive version would be nice to see one day... hopefully not handled by Johns. (actually wouldn't that be a good WW story: Diana and her Amazons vs 'Lois' and her 'Amazons'?)
    Hopefully Lois didn't kill her Amazons in your possible version.

Though I do wonder what the anti matter versions of Donna and Cassie would be like.

BANNED

Hopefully Lois didn't kill her Amazons in your possible version.

Though I do wonder what the anti matter versions of Donna and Cassie would be like.
    Very much like as if Lobdell and Finch wrote the real ones... oh wait...

Very much like as if Lobdell and Finch wrote the real ones... oh wait...
    Actually... I can see that. Yeah just scrap Donna and Cassie's original appearances in the New 52 and give those origins to their anti matter counterparts.