Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

What about Gravitas?
    It has multiple meanings and is a nod to her character, her Greek connections and her powers/presence.
    Plus it wouldn't be a generic name as I've never seen any hero take it.

Astonishing Member

Donna is one of those characters who doesn't need a codename or secret identity.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

What about Harbinger? I doubt the original is coming back for any serious length of time, and it is as good a name as any. Just put in place her Infinite Crisis origin with her Wolfman era origin as the most recent iteration, then leave it alone. Harbinger would fit, then.

I don't think Donna has to be one of the Fury-created 'Fury' heroines to use the name, Fury. The Amazons took in an injured Golden Age superheroine, named Fury, who might have been a friend or mentress of Donna, before she left the island. The name has a history, with the Amazons. At this point, the other names (Darkstar, etc.) seem rather contrived.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Fury just doesn't fit Donna for me... despite loving it for Lyta Trevor-Hall.

Lately, I've been leaning toward Asteria, star goddess, but it lacks the panache of something that works symbolically with Wonder Woman... another option I've been playing with in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee is "Prima" = first among equals, and a play against "Prima Donna," of which Donna Troy clearly is not.

Was wrong with Troia?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Fury just doesn't fit Donna for me... despite loving it for Lyta Trevor-Hall.

Lately, I've been leaning toward Asteria, star goddess, but it lacks the panache of something that works symbolically with Wonder Woman... another option I've been playing with in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee is "Prima" = first among equals, and a play against "Prima Donna," of which Donna Troy clearly is not.
    We're Mexican American. 'Prima' just means cousin to us. I favored naming her 'Revolution', back when she was wearing black and red.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-02-2019 at 04:23 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Ah, good tries everyone, really. But none of these names are right for Donna.

As I have said many times, next to Jean Grey, the next hardest codename is for Donna Troy.

To me, "Amazon" is still the best, yet I am not sure even that is really right for Donna.

I agree Phoenixx9. Despite my creative capabilities I haven’t hit on anything that reflects Donna’s character and personality in a way that speaks to her and makes sense in the Wonder mythos.

I agree Phoenixx9. Despite my creative capabilities I haven’t hit on anything that reflects Donna’s character and personality in a way that speaks to her and makes sense in the Wonder mythos.
    I don't know that I think a code name has to do that. Nightwing has little to do with Batman mythos, doesn't have any real-world meaning, and yet I think it works well. It sounds cool. Impulse has more speed-meaning and does describe character, and it works well, too, though. I'd shy away from the "Wonder' aspect, as I like the second-generation growing into their own, not keeping identities as off-shoots of the first-gen heroes. Unsurprisingly, I find "Scion" too much of that for Kon, too. And one day Cassie will need her own name, too. But Donna's already reached that point, which is why she's a priority. Like so many others, I find "Troia" to be really weak as as a name. But I lack the creativity to really some up with anything myself.

I guess one place to go is figuring out what aspects we think define her enough that they should be expressed in her code name.

Last edited by CRaymond; 07-02-2019 at 05:45 AM.

Well I don't know what a Troia is so I look it up on Google and Google Translate told me its Pig in Italian so i don't like that name so how about she goes by Myth because of her connection to the Titans of Myth and theres so many origins to her that shes even a myth to her fellow heroes and many villains. I also like Sparkle or Light Angel as an counterpart to Dark Angel

I'd say Donna is one of those characters whose name sounds so good she doesn't need a code name.

I think one issue with Donna is that she has become far too defined by her backstory—which is a mess. If she is to take a superhero name after not being Wonder Girl anymore, it should be something that she chooses for herself, and which distinguisher her from the past. Much like Nightwing or Oracle. Or if it connects with her past, I think a nickname that she gained from the Amazons would make most sense.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Well I don't know what a Troia is so I look it up on Google and Google Translate told me its Pig in Italian so i don't like that name so how about she goes by Myth because of her connection to the Titans of Myth and theres so many origins to her that shes even a myth to her fellow heroes and many villains. I also like Sparkle or Light Angel as an counterpart to Dark Angel
    Myth or Legend would mind of work. Sparkle sounds a bit too childish. Maybe Light Rider?