Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The interviews I saw, they stated she was an alternate Mary Marvel and Olympia was an alternate Diana.
    I saw the same interview that you did and understand that Superwoman was the female star of the Super Family, as is Mary with her Marvels. They clearly play similar positions.

The system of Syndicate crime families was explained very thoroughly in JLCOTE, and it was clearly shown that Superwoman headed the Super (Shazam) Family, just as Owl Man headed an evil version of the Outsiders. In fact, ..most of the lower-ranking family members, referred to as 'made-men', were characters, with their own unique powers and costumes. While Superwoman, like Mary with the Marvels, was clearly the most prominent female in the Super Family, she wasn't one of the Supers. She was their 'boss', and they were outfitted to reflect her standard.

JLC' character designer, Jerome K. Moore, identified the film's alternate version of Mary Marvel (a blond, who appeared on a computer in the movie), as 'Mary Mayhem'. He was the character designer.

As for Donna in TITANS #2, she's apparently ..just plain 'Donna Troy'. No exciting, new codename...
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 08-27-2016 at 02:59 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

They called her TROY 17-20 times (ok, maybe less) in this TITANS issue...I feel like they were driving a point home. haha

Other than the name, I LOVE Donna so far!!!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Troia maybe.. I remembered Troian Bellisario, an American Actress said her name "Troian" was a surname that meant "Woman of Troy". I think that might fit for Donna.

Incredible Member

Going to have to think on that one!

I vote for Troy. Recognisable by the older fans and simple for the newbies.
    Please Remain Calm

I think she should be called Donna Troy, like Jean Grey she doesn't need a code name.

BANNED

Donna Troy is just fine.

Codenames are so 1940's, especially for characters without a secret identity.

I think Donna Troy taking up the mantle of Fury, perhaps to honor a fallen friend of the Amazons, would be okay, with most fans. Just the same, why not simply call her 'Troy', which, having a legendary association with combat, fits the character, ..instead of the sillier Troia?

She doesn't need a codename, so much as a handle.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I think Donna Troy taking up the mantle of Fury, perhaps to honor a fallen friend of the Amazons, would be okay, with most fans. Just the same, why not simply call her 'Troy', which, having a legendary association with combat, fits the character, ..instead of the sillier Troia?

She doesn't need a codename, so much as a handle.
    So basically do as her Earth-2 counterpart. (Note: Fury only just revealed that her actual name is Donna.)
    But I agree, she does need something other than her last name.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    So basically do as her Earth-2 counterpart. (Note: Fury only just revealed that her actual name is Donna.)
    But I agree, she does need something other than her last name.
    Does she? Like Carabas said, she doesn't even have a secret i.d so what would be the point?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Does she? Like Carabas said, she doesn't even have a secret i.d so what would be the point?
    Well... lets just say that Diana is in the same situation, she has a code name, but no mask.

But in more practical terms, it does help that every random weirdo can't look up her address in a phonebook. Like, a face is a face after all, and not everyone has Batman-levels of surveilance equipment and facial recognition software. Kinda like, if you didn't know the names of someone like Trump or Bill Gates, could you find out where they live?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Donna Troy is just fine.

Codenames are so 1940's, especially for characters without a secret identity.
    Do we know if she has a secret ID though? We haven't seen anything of their personal lives...except Wally..speaking of, I hope this story MOVES ON SOON.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Well... lets just say that Diana is in the same situation, she has a code name, but no mask.

But in more practical terms, it does help that every random weirdo can't look up her address in a phonebook. Like, a face is a face after all, and not everyone has Batman-levels of surveilance equipment and facial recognition software. Kinda like, if you didn't know the names of someone like Trump or Bill Gates, could you find out where they live?
    I'm pretty sure any address Diana ever heard was a matter of public record since the Perez run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Do we know if she has a secret ID though? We haven't seen anything of their personal lives...except Wally..speaking of, I hope this story MOVES ON SOON.
    Has she ever had one before?

Retired

Donna Troy, Wonder who that Girl is.