Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I'd just go with Troy. I'm not a fan of Troia as a code name.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'd just go with Troy. I'm not a fan of Troia as a code name.
    I'm certainly with you on hating 'Troia', as a codename. It's like an editor naming a character, based on me...DYERIA! It feels artistically and unforgivably lazy to me, and I hate it. I'm not saying that it was inherently lazy of Marv Wolfman or George Perez, both of whom I love (as artists), to name her that - just saying it's always felt like a lazy thing to name her, to me.

Like naming your baby, ..Babby. "Meet my kid, Babby the Baby! Idn't that neat? Just came up with it! Tz'how I roll. Yep."

As unimaginative and boring, as it sounds to me, and the fact that I hate it, almost as much, because it feels like creators don't care about this character, ..I'll settle for Troy, now. The Fury brand, while related, is really a different thing, and I think Donna should be her own thing or part of the Wonder-brand.

I can't believe there isn't one [Not ONE?] writer/editor, who can just assign her a decent superheroine codename, like Nightwing or Steel. Think about it, for a sec - we went from the moderately enigmatic Nightwing for renaming Robin ..to Troia for Donna Troy. I find that very, very hard to accept. Furthermore, Stan Lee, Dick Giordano or Len Wein would have fixed this, by now.

Go! Go! Fly, Dyeria! The fate of the multiverse [Ahem.] ..depends [Coff'coff.] ..on you! Go!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-19-2019 at 08:24 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I'm certainly with you on hating 'Troia', as a codename. It's like an editor naming a character, based on me...DYERIA! It feels artistically and unforgivably lazy to me, and I hate it. I'm not saying that it was inherently lazy of Marv Wolfman or George Perez, both of whom I love (as artists), to name her that - just saying it's always felt like a lazy thing to name her, to me.
    In the demi-Titan origin, the backstory is that Troia is her actual birth name. Donna Troy is actually an alias she uses to blend in with mortals. She doesn't know it's an alias until she's an adult, but it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    And who is truly the 'Captain' now, if the counterpart Marvels work for Superwoman? All that considered, assuming he was the Family's leader, it's even more likely Captain Super/whatever's role that Superwoman would be commandeering - not that of Mary Mayhem, the Captain's girl-ally. Would Superwoman, being the conqueror or master of the Marvel counterparts, not have stolen the power and office of the 'Captain', assuming he was the most powerful of the counterparts? Superwoman, as the film presents her, is the boss of this Family.

They're her made men, ..and not the other way around.
    It's an interesting question what her power source is.

It's worth noting that Mary Mayhem apparently has a different power source. I'm thinking one is an equivalent of Billy/Shazam, and the other Teth Adam, but which is which?

While Superwoman, since her Silver Age debut, has always been a dark mirror Wonder Woman, this one is also functioning as a usurper of Mary Marvel/Mayhem's role in the Super Family - Mary's role. That's not the same thing as being Mary Marvel's counterpart, Mary Mayhem, who is listed, in the picture, as one of this Superwoman's subordinate 'made men'. The 'made men' element adds a context to Superwoman that too many of us seem to be ignoring. Furthermore, given that Superwoman has taken over the Super Family, and that its listed female member is named 'Mary Mayhem', it is very likely that the Family, which now wears Superwoman's standard/insignia, might have once been a 'Mayhem Family'.
    Interesting idea, but the mafia analogy suggests that the leaders simply recruited people with power.

Also, why would Mary Mayhem work for someone who took her place? It seems more likely she'd have been killed as part of the hostile takeover.
    We're also ignoring that taking over the Marvel counterparts would require Superwoman to be more powerful or formidable, than ALL of them, in the first place. Superwoman, being capo and having the personality presented in JLCOTE film, isn't so likely to have adopted the standard and insignia of her made-men. Seriously...does ANY-one see that Superwoman changing one, single boot, let alone her name and costume, to match those of her terrorized subs, ..whom she likely strong-armed or beat into submission? I sure don't. She might, through some magical means, have stolen some or all of Mary's power to augment her own. Under that premise, ..she might be a de facto Mary Marvel counterpart.

I'll accept that. That makes sense.
    Mmm... except that the Supers wear the Super logo and Mary Mayhem doesn't. If Superwoman stole her power and forced her to be subservient, wouldn't she also wear the Super logo?

There's no reason that Wonder Woman, under unthinkable conditions, couldn't take command of the Marvel Family and be powerful enough to subordinate Captain Marvel and Mary Marvel. She would still be Diana of Themyscira, either way, ..and doing so would not make her Mary Marvel, Captain Marvel or any of them.
    Until Black Mary came about, Mary had the same power source as Billy. In this Captain Super and Mary Mayhem seem to use different power sources.

HEAR ME OUT...

Miss Wonder or Ms Wonder

It could start out as a flip comeback by Donna (something along the lines of bad guy says "You don't even have a name? What do we even call you? Wonder???' to which Donna replies something like "it's Miss/ Ms Wonder, to you [PUNCH])

...like Janet... Miss Jackson if you're nasty.

I mean, it's worked for Miss Martian, Miss America, Ms Marvel
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    HEAR ME OUT...

Miss Wonder or Ms Wonder

It could start out as a flip comeback by Donna (something along the lines of bad guy says "You don't even have a name? What do we even call you? Wonder???' to which Donna replies something like "it's Miss/ Ms Wonder, to you [PUNCH])

Great segue for Prince Jason's return, as Mister Wonder!
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    HEAR ME OUT...

Miss Wonder or Ms Wonder

I... actually really like this. Like, a lot. Especially because of Ms America and Ms Marvel.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Updated thoughts...

If not Wonder Girl or Troy than Ms Wonder sounds great for Donna's codename.
    I like your suggestion RealWonderman.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

DC missed out in this current re re re bot in bringing back the Darkstars (cuz we need another intergalactic police force) and just naming her Darkstar. It has the same tone as Nightwing, Tempest, or Arsenal.

"but I don't think of Donna as being dark...."...... she's wearing a dark costume with stars on it. Nuff said...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    Updated thoughts...

If not Wonder Girl or Troy than Ms Wonder sounds great for Donna's codename.
    I like your suggestion RealWonderman.
    It sounds like an odd, awkward throwback to comics tackling Women's Lib... it's also sort of clumsy (to me)

She could also be called Captain Wonder (I don't think thats being used right now) or Lady Wonder

Captain Wonder is the imagined male version of Wonder Woman, created by Dr Psycho who was even stronger than Diana back then.

Why not Wonder Girl?
    That's what I call her.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Why not Wonder Girl?
    That's what I call her.
    It's already taken and she's too old to be called Wonder Girl anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Captain Wonder is the imagined male version of Wonder Woman, created by Dr Psycho who was even stronger than Diana back then.
    I know but I said right now/currently. I mean the name could be used by anyone whether another hero, sidekick, villain

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's already taken and she's too old to be called Wonder Girl anyway.
    Yeah it is already taken; by her.
    Her age does not matter. When she started out she was age appropriate for the name, that's what matters.