Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    OK, but why fire?
    Because she almost died in a fire, inspired by that origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Because she almost died in a fire, inspired by that origin.
    Hmm that'd need a lot of time to explain in a book, but it could work I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Of all the arguments against "Troia" this is the weirdest one. It's the original Greek word for Troy. Saying that it's no good because it's a slang word for "whore" in one language is silly and borderline offensive.

I'm not very fond of this codename myself but it's still better than any other suggestion I've seen so far.
    This. If it's that offensive in Italian (which, BTW there's a town named Troia in Italy, so) then just rename her in Italian reprints or something....

Quote Originally Posted by mkeeler View Post
    I've been trying to figure out different ways to keep a WW initialism. After looking over the alternate Wonder Women list and seeing the genderbent Wonderous Man, why not have Donna use Wonderous Woman or Wondrous Woman? Keeps the WW, very connected to Diana, but a unique modifier.

It's also why I would like Artemis to be Warrior Woman or Wonder Warrior.
    It;s just too derivative, imo. Wonder Girl? sure. But everyone else should have their own code name that isn't so directly tied to WW. Even in the bat family we have characters that aren't Bat-related in name...

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Well, apparently the name Ambrosia means “food of the gods”. I wouldn’t want Donna to refer to herself with a name that’s a god appetizer. That’s where the “Ember” part comes in, to change the meaning to something like fire, or flame of the gods.
    Also, it's a fairly common picnic "salad" made with fruit, sour cream, marshmallows.... so, hard pass on the use as a code name