Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 199
  1. #31
    long time member Herowatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,628

    Default

    At this point I'm all for Donna reclaiming the Wonder Girl moniker.

    I don't know what Cassie is all about these days. She should probably be called Olympia IMHO.

    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

  2. #32
    The Comixeur Mel Dyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Actually Olympia was Diana's counterpart. Superwoman was Mary Marvel's counterpart.
    Look at the movie, again, and you'll see...

    Superwoman was, indeed, Diana's counterpart. She strong-armed and took over the Marvel Family, a crime family, ..becoming its boss, as the other Syndicators presided over crime families of their own making. She was not costumed, like the Marvels; they wore her standard. She didn't need to adopt their magic thunder, having conquered them with powers of her own. That's how powerful this Diana was.

    Olympia, younger than Superwoman ..and being Donna Troy's counterpart, was not in Diana's Marvel crime family.

    Look at the interviews and literature, released with CRISIS, and you will see that all of this is true.
    Look alive, Kangaliers!

  3. #33
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,378

    Default

    What's wrong with Troia? It's awesome!
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  4. #34
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,788

    Default

    Fury.

    It's not in use and it's connected to Wonder Woman mytho. Plus, if Donna is somehow connected to the Furies of Myth...writer can add a new dimension to Donna's powers
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  5. #35
    Fantastic Member wonder39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Darkstar or Troia..... Fury is straight up Lyta Trevor to me (yes I go back that far) and doesn't really go with Donna's personality...

  6. #36
    The Comixeur Mel Dyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Darkstar or Troia..... Fury is straight up Lyta Trevor to me (yes I go back that far) and doesn't really go with Donna's personality...
    I agree that it doesn't really go with the personality of any Donna we've known, before. Still, if the 'Fury' mantle is to be carried on, Donna is more than worthy.

    Hoping they restore Donna's original origin, but change the burning building into a burning ocean liner or some other kind of sea-going vessel - maybe, an 18th century sailing ship, named 'The Troy'. An infant Donna Troythen, herself, only a child, is 'rescued from a burning ship, by Wonder Woman...', leaving her with no family, but, the Amazons!

    Simple origin story, with no long, layered elements would be refreshing.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 08-23-2016 at 10:02 AM.
    Look alive, Kangaliers!

  7. #37
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orange Park, FL
    Posts
    72

    Default

    The Wonder Girl name is referenced in the Titans #2 preview but says most of the Titans are now known by other names. Hopefully we'll find out before long. But as it says most, perhaps she still bears her original name. TNS-2-2-1e226.jpg

  8. #38
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tardisoperator View Post
    The Wonder Girl name is referenced in the Titans #2 preview but says most of the Titans are now known by other names. Hopefully we'll find out before long. But as it says most, perhaps she still bears her original name. TNS-2-2-1e226.jpg

    SPOILERS


    In Titans #2, all of the other Titans are referenced by their current code-names(i.e. Nightwing, Arsenal, Tempest) but Donna is known as simply Donna Troy. While it beats Troia, Darkstar, or Fate, I'm disappointed that Donna doesn't have an actual code-name like her teammates.
    Currently Reading:Aquaman, Doomsday Clock, Freedom Fighters, Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Shazam, Wonder Twins, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

  9. #39
    The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    207

    Default

    I think she will go by Troy. I know Gail Simone and James Robinson tried to get that to be her codename pre-Flashpoint.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

  10. #40
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    4,267

    Default

    If not "Troia" (because history), then I'd propose something brand new for Donna Troy, something that sounds as connected to "Wonder Woman" as "Nightwing" does to "Batman" .... seeing as "Night" and "Wing" are words that are associated with "Batman" and "bats" in general.

    "Darkstar" is close, as I like "star", but is Donna really supposed to be "dark"?

    What about ... "Star Maiden"?

    "Wonder Woman" and "Star Maiden"



    Yeah, Donna kinda looks like she'd go by "Star Maiden" in that costume.

  11. #41
    ☁ϟ CookieOnTsunami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    House Of Almerac
    Posts
    8,056

    Default

    I've been feeling "Amazon" for quite some time now. ..
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥

    Maxima Appreciation Thread ♡


    Jean Grey Slander? Not on MY watch!

    CHECKMATE [/B]

    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

    ♡♡♡

  12. #42
    The Comixeur Mel Dyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    I've been feeling "Amazon" for quite some time now. ..
    In TITANS #2, she is presently billed as 'Donna Troy...the Amazon'.

    I'm still intrigued by the symbol on her belt and shield. Is that a Spartan letter?
    Look alive, Kangaliers!

  13. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Look at the movie, again, and you'll see...

    Superwoman was, indeed, Diana's counterpart. She strong-armed and took over the Marvel Family, a crime family, ..becoming its boss, as the other Syndicators presided over crime families of their own making. She was not costumed, like the Marvels; they wore her standard. She didn't need to adopt their magic thunder, having conquered them with powers of her own. That's how powerful this Diana was.

    Olympia, younger than Superwoman ..and being Donna Troy's counterpart, was not in Diana's Marvel crime family.

    Look at the interviews and literature, released with CRISIS, and you will see that all of this is true.
    The interviews I saw, they stated she was an alternate Mary Marvel and Olympia was an alternate Diana.

  14. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    If not "Troia" (because history), then I'd propose something brand new for Donna Troy, something that sounds as connected to "Wonder Woman" as "Nightwing" does to "Batman" .... seeing as "Night" and "Wing" are words that are associated with "Batman" and "bats" in general.

    "Darkstar" is close, as I like "star", but is Donna really supposed to be "dark"?

    What about ... "Star Maiden"?

    "Wonder Woman" and "Star Maiden"



    Yeah, Donna kinda looks like she'd go by "Star Maiden" in that costume.
    There's already a Star Girl. The names are a bit too similar.

  15. #45
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,030

    Default

    I'm for Troia (possibly Troy) - Donna has already suffered enough!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •