Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Donna Troy should take the role of main mage/sorceress of PI, she can be a

Mystic Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I have seen alternate information on this issue that establishes Olympiad, as Donna Troy's counterpart, ..and Superwoman, as Wonder Woman's. Superwoman is also the head of the Marvel crime family, who wear her standard and are referred to as 'made men' in the film. Superwoman is one of several Syndicators, who have corralled other super-crims into their own crime families, and understanding this is essential to understanding the function of the Crime Syndicate, as a whole, ..and Diana's role in it.

Mary Marvel's counterpart is shown to be an entirely and distinctly other individual, in a very brief cameo-flash on the screen.
    This is interesting to discuss because that movie had multiple writers and they didn't communicate enough. BOTH characters were based on Mary Marvel!

Also CSA has never been a full dark mirror, they're similar characters, not evil versions of the heroes. Ultraman is a human imbued with alien powers(he's powered by Kryptonite because he wasn't born with his powers). The most common version of Superwoman is an Amazon and thus sort of a WW analog, but isn't Diana. It is definitely a closer analog than Mary.

What do we know about THIS one? Well, Superwoman seemed to have full control of whatever power source she wielded, and has 3 minions whom she gives a portion of her powers. This is something Billy Batson has done in the comics. But, SW and her minions dress and act more like Teth Adam than Billy Batson. Also they're ALL called "Super" with the logo, not just SW. Teth Adam wasn't seen though.

Mary Mayhem was a minor secondary character who was seen as an unnamed file photo headshot only. We don't even see a full costume. The backstory and full costume are from external media.

But yeah, the backstory for Olympiad is not in the movie. So creator commentary is the only way to know who she's supposed to be.

She looks more like Donna to me, especially since she is seemingly 18 to 23. She's almost like a teen sidekick, but not quite a teen.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This is interesting to discuss because that movie had multiple writers and they didn't communicate enough. BOTH characters were based on Mary Marvel!

Also CSA has never been a full dark mirror, they're similar characters, not evil versions of the heroes. Ultraman is a human imbued with alien powers(he's powered by Kryptonite because he wasn't born with his powers). The most common version of Superwoman is an Amazon and thus sort of a WW analog, but isn't Diana. It is definitely a closer analog than Mary.

What do we know about THIS one? Well, Superwoman seemed to have full control of whatever power source she wielded, and has 3 minions whom she gives a portion of her powers. This is something Billy Batson has done in the comics. But, SW and her minions dress and act more like Teth Adam than Billy Batson. Also they're ALL called "Super" with the logo, not just SW. Teth Adam wasn't seen though.

Mary Mayhem was a minor secondary character who was seen as an unnamed file photo headshot only. We don't even see a full costume. The backstory and full costume are from external media.

But yeah, the backstory for Olympiad is not in the movie. So creator commentary is the only way to know who she's supposed to be.

She looks more like Donna to me, especially since she is seemingly 18 to 23. She's almost like a teen sidekick, but not quite a teen.
    And who is truly the 'Captain' now, if the counterpart Marvels work for Superwoman? All that considered, assuming he was the Family's leader, it's even more likely Captain Super/whatever's role that Superwoman would be commandeering - not that of Mary Mayhem, the Captain's girl-ally. Would Superwoman, being the conqueror or master of the Marvel counterparts, not have stolen the power and office of the 'Captain', assuming he was the most powerful of the counterparts? Superwoman, as the film presents her, is the boss of this Family.

They're her made men, ..and not the other way around.

While Superwoman, since her Silver Age debut, has always been a dark mirror Wonder Woman, this one is also functioning as a usurper of Mary Marvel/Mayhem's role in the Super Family - Mary's role. That's not the same thing as being Mary Marvel's counterpart, Mary Mayhem, who is listed, in the picture, as one of this Superwoman's subordinate 'made men'. The 'made men' element adds a context to Superwoman that too many of us seem to be ignoring. Furthermore, given that Superwoman has taken over the Super Family, and that its listed female member is named 'Mary Mayhem', it is very likely that the Family, which now wears Superwoman's standard/insignia, might have once been a 'Mayhem Family'.

We're also ignoring that taking over the Marvel counterparts would require Superwoman to be more powerful or formidable, than ALL of them, in the first place. Superwoman, being capo and having the personality presented in JLCOTE film, isn't so likely to have adopted the standard and insignia of her made-men. Seriously...does ANY-one see that Superwoman changing one, single boot, let alone her name and costume, to match those of her terrorized subs, ..whom she likely strong-armed or beat into submission? I sure don't. She might, through some magical means, have stolen some or all of Mary's power to augment her own. Under that premise, ..she might be a de facto Mary Marvel counterpart.

I'll accept that. That makes sense.

There's no reason that Wonder Woman, under unthinkable conditions, couldn't take command of the Marvel Family and be powerful enough to subordinate Captain Marvel and Mary Marvel. She would still be Diana of Themyscira, either way, ..and doing so would not make her Mary Marvel, Captain Marvel or any of them.

And I'd like to see Donna get a proper codename...Troy, Danger, Fury, something.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-15-2019 at 02:52 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Mighty Member

Reading thru Wiki’s entry for Troy, I came across some interesting info.

Excavating the site believed to be that of ancient Troy, archeologists found at least nine cities that been built one on top of the other. These nine versions were labeled Troy I through Troy IX.

Considering she’s been through the rebirth process herself, Donna could pick up where history left off and be the tenth Troy or Troy X (or Troy-X or TroyX).

Plus, when “X” is used in a name, it can indicate an unknown surname and Donna’s had issues in that area as well.

Well, because the Wonder mythos is very Greek inspired, and her last name is Troy, I would love something like Trojan!

...sadly too many people would make jokes cause of the condom brand, so that idea is a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Well, because the Wonder mythos is very Greek inspired, and her last name is Troy, I would love something like Trojan!

...sadly too many people would make jokes cause of the condom brand, so that idea is a no go.
    Yes, ...best to pass on that name. Also, people might think Donna was present during that war or was the cause of it. Let's move on and continue working on a good name.

I'm still waiting for inspiration to strike, so I'm about ready to just go with Olympia or Pallas or Miss Myth or SOMETHING and then just back my way into how Donna was granted her powers.

Maybe DC could introduce Magical Girls to the WW franchise and give Donna Troy some new friends: Donna Babylon and Donna Camelot.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Maybe DC could introduce Magical Girls to the WW franchise and give Donna Troy some new friends: Donna Babylon and Donna Camelot.
    I'm sold on Donna XANADU.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    Donna Troy should take the role of main mage/sorceress of PI, she can be a

Mystic Amazon
    I was kind of thinking of saving that for Akila.

With Donna, I'd give her a staff as her main weapon and some training in special Amazon killing techniques.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Donna needs a code name.
    I'm ok with her just being Donna Troy.

But, if she must have one, I like for her to adopt one that's not currently being used in the DCU (but has some relevance)...especially if she will be wearing her black star-field suit:

Andromeda

I like the Greek reference but that's also flipping the princess in need of rescue to a princess who can rescue herself. The brief Legion of Super Heroes link. That it's also the name of the constellation. And it just sounds epic.

Fantastic Member

Default Greek Origin, I prefer

Get rid of the current Nemesis, and make Donna the Nemesis...it has a nice vibe to it, a bit edgy, but delivers justice in the end. Her patron can be Themis.

TT

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Amerizan.

/10char
    yikes, no.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    it's too generic for me.... it's like my code name being Californian, or Caucasian ^_^
    Interesting. I think you're wrong though. AMAZON is more a distinction than either example here.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I like Olympia.
    I concur, and I'll also agree for 10 characters sake.