Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

FATWS Ep 2

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    Looking at the Sam Wilson version of Captain America and thinking there was a missed opportunity to do a story on black heroes and patriotism. It seems like in recent years Marvel is trying to make the readers forget that THE TRUTH ever happened and not have Patriot or Josiah X appear anywhere. Hell, I don't even see Isaiah Bradley nor is he mentioned.

I'm not sure how long Sam is going to be Cap but it would be nice if they did a story with all these characters together. Also, I do know that Falcon and Battlestar teamed up years ago, but it would be nice to see something contemporary.

I don't have a social agenda but I think it's just odd that you have other characters of color who wear the red, white and blue and they never shared a panel or had a story together. #justsaying
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Perhaps a team-up of those marvel characters in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Disney+ series?
    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Sam became Captain America back in Captain America Sentinel of Liberty #9 published in 1999.

“EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD EXPECTS ME TO BE SOMETHING.” https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...attlestar-zemo

spoilers:
    Somebody needs to bring up the fact that Battlestar does not have his own shield.

This was one of Dwayne McDuffie's points of contention when he had a conversation with Mark Gruenwald about Hoskins (and the choice at the time to make him, ahem, "Bucky").

https://www.cbr.com/captain-america-...duffie-racism/

I'm hoping that Sam brings it up, or somebody. Lemar is going to be shot at plenty, maybe even more than Walker, depending on who's doing the shooting. (I would just die if some version of that line were actually used in the story)
    My speculation is that MCU Isaiah Bradley’s code name was “Battle Star”. Bucky seemed unusually triggered when Hoskins mentioned that.

With Power Broker involved, hmm.. I wonder if Walker and Hoskins are going to get shot up with the serum. Maybe they finally intercept a shipment of those meds that the Flag Smasher were stealing. Uh oh. Side effects...?

More needed from Mr. Bradley. And I presume that the young man at the door is the future "Patriot". I'm just disappointed that Josiah is not seen. Maybe he's still alive. Also, Bradley's wife, who became muslim.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    Does any writer actually care about Battlestar? I'm beginning to think he destined to reappear to be killed off at some point.
    Right on the money!
    No one seems to want to use him to any effect.
    The writer (and colorist) Gregory Wright did!

Go Battlestar! With the mask!

Loved-loved-loved Silver Sable offering Battlestar a place in her Wild Pack.
    The artist Steven Butler rules!

Ultimate Member

Ah, the ye old days when characters weren't utterly bound to the franchise they appeared in.

in the aftermath of the current show, I hope that somebody greenlights a new story involving all of these folks, preferably together.

My question has always been, why hasn't there a story where Captain America is addressing this.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    My question has always been, why hasn't there a story where Captain America is addressing this.
    The show's head writer is a black man who IS actually interested in the subject unlike 99% of the white men who wrote Captain America throughout his comics history.

TBF even if they tried writing it, they could have dropped the ball, or the impact wouldn't have been the same if Steve had been the protagonist of the story instead of Sam.

Ultimate Member

In fairness, the legal rights did just get cleared up.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The show's head writer is a black man who IS actually interested in the subject unlike 99% of the white men who wrote Captain America throughout his comics history.

TBF even if they tried writing it, they could have dropped the ball, or the impact wouldn't have been the same if Steve had been the protagonist of the story instead of Sam.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In fairness, the legal rights did just get cleared up.
    If I'm remembering or recalling right, Steve was made aware at the end of Truth: Red, White, and Black of Isaiah, and personally paid him a visit to express his respect for him and regret for what was done to him by the country they both served. That said, it's a severe disappointment to me that Isaiah hasn't been referenced once, as far as I know, in the current Captain America run, given how its major theme of interrogating America (society, culture, politics, etc.) as it exists today would have intersected just about perfectly with Isaiah's backstory.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If I'm remembering or recalling right, Steve was made aware at the end of Truth: Red, White, and Black of Isaiah, and personally paid him a visit to express his respect for him and regret for what was done to him by the country they both served. That said, it's a severe disappointment to me that Isaiah hasn't been referenced once, as far as I know, in the current Captain America run, given how its major theme of interrogating America (society, culture, politics, etc.) as it exists today would have intersected just about perfectly with Isaiah's backstory.
    Yes that did happen and a little kid named Eli was seen.

When Black Panther made a mistake and married Coates's muse-Isaiah was there and pretty much every black hero knew who he was. All the white ones were confused.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yes that did happen and a little kid named Eli was seen.

When Black Panther made a mistake and married Coates's muse-Isaiah was there and pretty much every black hero knew who he was. All the white ones were confused.
    Luke Cage even referred to Isaiah as "the first me," insofar as they were both black men who were empowered, as it were, by heinous experiments stemming from attempts to recreate the Super-Soldier Serum, Isaiah by the US military and Luke by an underground prison operation. Funny enough, both of those were ultimately tied back to Weapon Plus trying to create superhuman weapons that could be wielded against mutants.

BANNED

BREAKING! Marvel Studios is now developing Captain America 4 with Anthony Mackie’s Sam Wilson.

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier EP Malcolm Spellman is set to return and write the script!

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    BREAKING! Marvel Studios is now developing Captain America 4 with Anthony Mackie’s Sam Wilson.

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier EP Malcolm Spellman is set to return and write the script!
    That's pretty cool.

BANNED

Some more news which might be cool..
    FATWS - Eli Bradley Actor LEAK!

BANNED

Next up...Josiah X?